One of the Most F'ed up things I've ever heard

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
So, I come into work today and the one girl I work with asks me, "How do you spell ephedra?" So I ask her why. She tells me her ex's new girlfriend (who is pregnant) downed a bunch of ephedra last night to kill her baby. I was astounded! She said the girl took about 10 pills!!!!!!! I said it would not only kill the baby, but her too. I think the chick is about 3weeks pregnant. The baby hasn't died, that I know of. how much damage do you think has occurred to the baby? I'm guessing a lot. I told my coworker to have the pregnant woman go to the doc's right away and herself and the baby checked out as soon as possible. My coworker said the pregnant girl is about 100lbs. One of the most f'ed up things I've ever heard!

SilentScream27

Awards
So, I come into work today and the one girl I work with asks me, "How do you spell ephedra?" So I ask her why. She tells me her ex's new girlfriend (who is pregnant) downed a bunch of ephedra last night to kill her baby. I was astounded! She said the girl took about 10 pills!!!!!!! I said it would not only kill the baby, but her too. I think the chick is about 3weeks pregnant. The baby hasn't died, that I know of. how much damage do you think has occurred to the baby? I'm guessing a lot. I told my coworker to have the pregnant woman go to the doc's right away and herself and the baby checked out as soon as possible. My coworker said the pregnant girl is about 100lbs. One of the most f'ed up things I've ever heard!
Norepinephrine isn't going to kill anything, just make the baby's brain chemistry altered (in who knows what way) whenever it's born

and yeah, that is fucked up.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Yea I had a girl tell me the other day that she was gonna take a bunch of hard drugs and punch herself in the stomach to kill her baby.....wtf....???? Some people are just fucked up in the head.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Unbelievable. These kids have no business getting pregnant...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Most of them don't have any business getting pregnant, but I'm guessing most of them never took any precautions in the first place either. That is just retarded though. I really hate stupid people. I really do.

Malek256

Awards
That is very, very sad.

It is my opinion that people should be sterilized at birth and then have to file for, wait for and then pay for the operation to reverse it.

If you can't afford to save for a few weeks or endure the discomfort of recovery, time off and planning for it for a bit then you certainly can't afford to have a child and are not ready to do what it takes to properly raise one.

Yes, I have a beautiful daughter, she is 1 year old Saturday so I know exactly what I'm saying here...

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
.....I teach the kids who are special needs.........But as always stories like this make me want to vomit..............

Jay Mc

Awards
That is very, very sad.

It is my opinion that people should be sterilized at birth and then have to file for, wait for and then pay for the operation to reverse it.

If you can't afford to save for a few weeks or endure the discomfort of recovery, time off and planning for it for a bit then you certainly can't afford to have a child and are not ready to do what it takes to properly raise one.

Yes, I have a beautiful daughter, she is 1 year old Saturday so I know exactly what I'm saying here...
I have said that infinity times. I've I'm ever supreme dictator of the world look for this to be my first act of business.

Stuff like this is another good argument for why abortion should remain legal. Birth control is not 100% effective. People will get prego and try **** like this.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
That is very, very sad.

Finally, someone has come up with a solution to the problem of overpopulation and parental negligence:thumbsup

Congrats on the daughter:cheers:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
That's not just fucked up, it's EVIL and she's doing it to her child none the less

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
humans arent 100% effective. You get pregnant they have a little pill you take withthin the first few weeks. Or you get to have an abortion the responsible way, or you have the kid if it adheres to your spiritual back round.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Threads like this really, really make me want a Smote Gun. (Ala The Simpsons.)

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
I have said that infinity times. I've I'm ever supreme dictator of the world look for this to be my first act of business.

Stuff like this is another good argument for why abortion should remain legal. Birth control is not 100% effective. People will get prego and try **** like this.
How so? So that they can kill the baby legally? Makes NO sense..how about teaching parents how to raise their fucking kids. If a girl gets pregnant without the intention to, then it sucks for her...she knew what she was getting into..no need to kill an innocent child, muchless 'legally'..

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If she is doing this now, what will happen when she has the baby (assuming thet both last that long).
That's exactly what I was going to mention. Think of the kids life, and how mistreated he/she will be throughout childhood. It doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of making it without some kind of issues. This really saddens me, and pisses me off at the same time...

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
I had a business trip today for training with my co-worker and asked what the situation was with this chick as of last night and she said the pregnant girl didn't have any ill symptoms as of last night and she is gonna have an abortion. But anyways, I told her to steal the girl's ephedra and just give it to me. Not to be insensitive or anything, but I just think it will be in better hands.

And Malek that is the greatest fucking idea I have ever heard.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
this just made me so f_cking mad you have no idea

keninishna

Awards
she was probly trying to commit suicide or rather just being a dumb hoe looking for attention.

joebiggie

joebiggie

Awards
**** like this pisses me off to no end. I was going to type up a huge post basically saying how frustrating situations like this are but suffice to say in a case like this it is unfortunate that everyone loses. :frustrate

AldrichAStern

Awards
on the other end of the spectrum...

a friend of mine's sister is allergic as **** to nuts. she bought "oatmeal raisin bread" from wholefoods, and they didn't put that it had nuts, except in tiny print on the ingredients. She ate it and started breaking out and having her breathing being constricted... to make matters worse she couldn't find her inhaler or her allergy medicine. My friend gave her some ephedra and caffeine and the extra adrenaline rush (and the fact that it's a bronchodialator) helped her breathing until the allergy calmed down just enough.

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear it worked out for her in that aspect Aldrich. And Joe that looks like my cat that ran away last year! Anyways my co-worker said the pregnant girl is a pretty fucked up chick and could be pulling this **** because the dude got orders to Italy for next february. And just so happens the due date for the kid is sometime in January.

liftin mama

Awards
children with special needs have a tough time coping with their disabilities, why would anyone TRY to hurt their child in anyway. i also teach special education, and it's sad to say, but most of students are "special ed" because of their family history. parents need to own up to their mistakes and start thinking about their children for once.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
man i just had a baby boy 2 weeks ago.

people like this make me sick.

female or not id beat the living piss out of her

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
jesus, i really can't believe people would do such a thing. there really must be something very, very wrong in her brain. she needs to be secluded from society before she hurts anyone else. this is disgusting.

fkngchucknorris

Awards
Thats horrible. You should tell her friend that she needs to get her to see the doc or do w.e. she can to stop her friend from doing this. I hate people these days.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
To kill a child so your life is not inconvieneced for nine months is the greatest tragedy I know of. Put it up for adoption; there are thousand of people waiting to adopt.

Ever wonder why in most states, including MO, if I killed a pregant woman I would be charged with double murder? Yet the scenario in this thread is played out over 4,000 times per day in some shape or form with nary an eye raised.

Oh how I cant wait to be taken from this garbage heap of a world.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
children with special needs have a tough time coping with their disabilities, why would anyone TRY to hurt their child in anyway. i also teach special education, and it's sad to say, but most of students are "special ed" because of their family history. parents need to own up to their mistakes and start thinking about their children for once.
what grade do you teach?? I teach pre school special ed but next yr i am thinking... Kindergarten special ed...

size

Awards
  • Established
This could have been resolved before it started.
Don't put the penis in the vagina, it is that simple.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
This could have been resolved before it started.
Don't put the penis in the vagina, it is that simple.
If it were only that easy. Education is our best tool. As parents, we need to teach these kids when they're young, the ins and outs (pun intended) of sexual intercourse and the possible consequences that can follow as a result. We can't depend on the school system or word of mouth to educate them. Also, I'm not all that religious, but my wife is. I think bringing God into the picture will teach them the proper religious and moral values that will help them to build a better foundation as they mature and become adults. Then again I'll be chaining my daughter up in the basement when she's older so...j/k. I could go on, but no matter what, we will ALWAYS have problems such as these in this country and every other country in the world.

size

Awards
  • Established
If it were only that easy.
BUT, it is that easy. I am baffled by the irrational refusal to accept this. In this universe, actions have reactions and consequences. It applies to all facets of life, denial of it is foolish. (Not implying that you are foolish, am I? ;) )

For instance, when I was a child I learned that putting my hand in fire would result in a burn. So in order to avoid being burned, I simply decided I would not put my hand in fire. Rather simple.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but pleasure and pain are two different things. Any moron knows not to put their hand in a fire. On the other hand, sex feels good, plain and simple. Sometimes people put pleasure ahead of any other consequence involved with sexual intercourse, whether it be STD's or having a baby. A lot of people also have that, "it won't happen to me" attitude. This is where, education is important. Guys like you and I seem to be intelligent enough to know this, but others aren't so lucky.

size

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but pleasure and pain are two different things.
But are they really that different? This is off topic, but pain is able to generate states of euphoria. Admittedly, not everyone is able to mentally achieve this but it is possible.

liftin mama

Awards
I couldn't agree with you more. How much more can we educate about safe-sex, etc. And it's sad to say, but most people dont even learn from their mistakes. women, younger than me, are popping them out like crazy. how dare that girl try to OD on drugs to kill her baby.
BUT, it is that easy. I am baffled by the irrational refusal to accept this. In this universe, actions have reactions and consequences. It applies to all facets of life, denial of it is foolish. (Not implying that you are foolish, am I? ;) )
For instance, when I was a child I learned that putting my hand in fire would result in a burn. So in order to avoid being burned, I simply decided I would not put my hand in fire. Rather simple.

liftin mama

Awards
i teach a K-1 self contained class of students with MD. it's tough...but i love it :)

what grade do you teach?? I teach pre school special ed but next yr i am thinking... Kindergarten special ed...

liftin mama

Awards
i actually wanted to talk to you about this, because it seems like you hold a job, obviously similar to mine, and STILL work out extremely hard. I tried my hardest to manage both this past year, but it was my first year teaching and i found it difficult. i had to wake up at 5 to get my cardio in before work because after work work-outs were horrible...i was tired and had a lot of work to do. could you possibly help me out by posting some of your lifting/diet regimens????

that would be lovely :)

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Not that I want to turn this into an abortion thread but...

Allow me to play the devil's advocate here.

For those of you here that have openly endorsed abortions, why is what this woman did wrong? Why cant she save herself a few bucks, pops some pills and have a miscarriage instead of paying for an abortion? I mean the end result is a dead fetus, no? If its a "choice" to 'terminate a fetus' why is it not a choice to determine in which way to terminate the fetus?

If the fetus is able to be terminated at all, its right are negligable or non-extsiatnt. Arguing that one method of killing it is better than another is a fallacy of begging the question.

Just some thoughts for you to think about.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
But are they really that different? This is off topic, but pain is able to generate states of euphoria. Admittedly, not everyone is able to mentally achieve this but it is possible.
I know, I know, pain and pleasure are both related to the endocrine system. Endorphins are used to block pain and create pleasure or something to that effect. Either way, last time I checked sex wasn't painful. This is just one of those things you have to start early with and hope for the best.

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
Brother, you ain't kiddin. I got my last girlfriend pregnant. She was on depo. I always wear condoms. The lesson here is that everything has a failure rate. Good thing she decided to get an abortion, and double plus good thing that it's legal.

My new policy is strict asexuality. Boring --- but safe. How ironic that the anarchic atheist should wind up with the same sexual practices as a devout catholic.

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established

For those of you here that have openly endorsed abortions, why is what this woman did wrong? Why cant she save herself a few bucks, pops some pills and have a miscarriage instead of paying for an abortion? I mean the end result is a dead fetus, no? If its a "choice" to 'terminate a fetus' why is it not a choice to determine in which way to terminate the fetus?

If the fetus is able to be terminated at all, its right are negligable or non-extsiatnt. Arguing that one method of killing it is better than another is a fallacy of begging the question.

I agree 100%, my only concern is that DIY abortions are generally unsafe for the host. Abortion via blunt force trauma isn't immoral, it's just undesirable.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established

I'm all for Pro-Choice, to an extent. I know size hates to hear this, but sometimes accidents do happen to good people. I just hate to see abortion used as a form of birth control. Does anyone know how they "terminate" a fetus? In the first trimester (first 3 months), they basically rip the fetus limb from limb and then extract the body parts one by one depending on how big it is of course. Sometimes this isn't necessary. During the second trimester (3 to 6 months) they inject the fetus with a type of sulfate which burns their skin off and breaks the bones up (sometimes taking 24 hours to complete and is very painful to the fetus) allowing the fetus' bodyparts to be pulled off and the fetus to be sucked out. During the third trimester (and this is what makes me mad) they basically wait for the baby's head to crown and while the baby is still half way in they basically suck its brains out. Since it would be considered murder if the entire baby was out of the womb they call it "Partial Birth Abortion". This form of abortion is outlawed in several states, but is still practiced in others.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%, my only concern is that DIY abortions are generally unsafe for the host. Abortion via blunt force trauma isn't immoral, it's just undesirable.
Unsafe for the host?

So do you follow the reasoning that the child in the womb is akin to a parasite? (yes this is what pro-choice groups argue).

And who's morals are you following to derive at your views? If you read Nate's post, you'll see that a baby can be killed even in mid delivery. Up until George W signed a bill recently, this was legal in all 50 states.

So basically, its moral to kill a baby while inside the birth canal, but suddenly, its immoral to kill it once it is outside the birth canal.

Do you see how messed up this is?

Its really no wonder that Dr's who perform abortions routinely have a change of mindset about this more and more.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I'm all for Pro-Choice, to an extent. I know size hates to hear this, but sometimes accidents do happen to good people. I just hate to see abortion used as a form of birth control. Does anyone know how they "terminate" a fetus? In the first trimester (first 3 months), they basically rip the fetus limb from limb and then extract the body parts one by one depending on how big it is of course. Sometimes this isn't necessary. During the second trimester (3 to 6 months) they inject the fetus with a type of sulfate which burns their skin off and breaks the bones up (sometimes taking 24 hours to complete and is very painful to the fetus) allowing the fetus' bodyparts to be pulled off and the fetus to be sucked out. During the third trimester (and this is what makes me mad) they basically wait for the baby's head to crown and while the baby is still half way in they basically suck its brains out. Since it would be considered murder if the entire baby was out of the womb they call it "Partial Birth Abortion". This form of abortion is outlawed in several states, but is still practiced in others.

How can you be pro-choice and be aware of this? :(

Is the burden of being pregant for 9 months and then giving the kid up for adoption really so great?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How can you be pro-choice and be aware of this? :(

Is the burden of being pregant for 9 months and then giving the kid up for adoption really so great?
That's why I said to an extent. Like I said, accidents happen to good people too. And you have to believe that if a woman doesn't want a baby she should have the right to terminate if she feels that it is necessary to do so. It is her body. If you think about it, yes adoption is an alternative, but I can't begin to imagine how many hundreds of thousands of orphans we have in the US alone. I saw a show the other day about children in Russia who live on the streets, in the sewers, and so called drug houses where they sniff paints, glue or whatever else they can get their hands on. These kids are anywhere from 6 on up. It's sad. So yes, I'm aware of the fact that abortion is rather disgusting, but you gotta think about how the child might end up as well.

BTW, partial birth abortion has been outlawed? Good.

And here's a site that has actual pictures and videos of dead aborted fetus'. Lots of good info on the topic as well. [size=-1]www.abortiontv.com[/size]

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Just wnat to thank everyone so far for keeping the discussion civil and in a professional manner on such a subject. Let us continue to do so...

Nate...I'll have a reply for you soon, but I have some work to do here. :)

Nabeshin

Nabeshin

Awards
  • Established
Unsafe for the host?

So do you follow the reasoning that the child in the womb is akin to a parasite? (yes this is what pro-choice groups argue).

And who's morals are you following to derive at your views? If you read Nate's post, you'll see that a baby can be killed even in mid delivery. Up until George W signed a bill recently, this was legal in all 50 states.

So basically, its moral to kill a baby while inside the birth canal, but suddenly, its immoral to kill it once it is outside the birth canal.

Do you see how messed up this is?

Its really no wonder that Dr's who perform abortions routinely have a change of mindset about this more and more.
My sole moral is the non-coercion principle. So long as you don't initiate force or fraud, you are good to go. However, even this simple moral system has bugs, notably, children. Should a parent be liable for the health of their child? If not, then for how long? And by what epistemology do you arrive at your conclusion?

I don't bring this up to make it look like I condone child abuse, merely to let you know where I stand morally, and that I'm aware of the flaws in my moral system. This is just some general purpose information about my perspective which should prove relevant to the discussion. About abortion in particular, let me quote Eric Raymond:

"The liberals' looney-toon feminist need to believe that a fetus one second before birth is a parasitic lump of tissue with no rights, but a fetus one second afterwards is a full human, has done half the job of making a reasoned debate on abortion nigh-impossible."

On the other hand...

"The conservatives' looney-toon religious need to believe that a fertilized gamete is morally equivalent to a human being has done the other half of making a reasoned debate on abortion nigh-impossible."

In other words, I don't feel that an unborn child is or isn't a parasite. The issue is not so black and white. I consider a baby to be the moral equivalent of a human being, but I don't consider a lump of cells which couldn't survive 10 minutes outside the womb to be the moral equivalent of a baby. And even if I did consider gametes to be on equal footing with humans, my moral system still breaks down.

The question is, who initiates the coercion in the case of unwanted pregnancy? The host must coerce the gamete to terminate the abortion. But the gamete coerces the host by demanding 9 months of nurturing. But the host coerces the gamete by forcing it into existence. But the non-existant gamete coerces the host by forcing abstinence or sterilization (and yes, this is coercion --- there is always a possibility of a plane crashing into your roof, but flying isn't illegal; just because something might cause coercion does not make the activity coercive so long as the probability of incidence is sufficiently low --- which is a whole 'nuther debate unto itself, but I digress).

One might agree with all of this, but conclude that adoption is a better kludge than abortion. I disagree. In my heart of hearts, I see a world where abortion is impossible as a worse place. A child is better off not existing than being born into a world without love. The contrary opinion would be that no adopted child would wish they had never been born. I agree with this, and extend the proposition to include all sentient beings --- anyone who truly wishes they never existed can and will rectify the situation promptly. However, though this is an exercise in pure speculation, I'd wager that nobody's first sentient thought occurs before birth. So, I could rephrase my position as "better to preempt sentience than to terminate it." Further, consider that with 1 to 2 million abortions each year, the market for adoption would rapidly become over saturated if abortion was not an option.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm ok with the methods of abortion, all the way up to the last one where they "suck the brains out". I mean, a fetus is a fetus is a fetus. It's eventually going to be a life, yes, but it's not aware of anything while it's in the womb. Abortion is a horrible thing, yes, but I would say someone who decides to HAVE an abortion probably knows more about this than I do, because they experience it first hand, so who am I to say "that's wrong, you shouldn't have done that!!!". So I guess you could say I'm pro-choice up until the baby is beyond 6 months of development.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
That's why I said to an extent. Like I said, accidents happen to good people too. And you have to believe that if a woman doesn't want a baby she should have the right to terminate if she feels that it is necessary to do so. It is her body.
Yes, it is her body...but lets really look at what you're saying.

Remember my example if I shot a pregnat woman, and her and the baby died, I would be charged with double murder.

Now lets say a woman does not even know she is pregnant...maybe 3 weeks or so into it. If I killed her, and they did an autopsy, and saw she was pregnant, even though she did not know, I would still be charged with double murder.

Now...what it comes down to, and what groups like NOW and the ACLU have done very effectively is swept this under the rug...point is, for nine months, we give the woman the choice to murder her child.

But you say its not murder...so if the woman "chooses" to abort the child it is a choice, but if I killed her unborn baby its murder. So yes, a woman has a choice to kill her baby and it is one of the most messed up things I know of. Effectively, the Supream Court has said under certain situations (pregnacy) murder is legal if it is performed by a licensed health practitioner. Anything else does not hold water.

Now lets take this a step further.

Suppose a woman is on her way to an abortion clinic to have an abortion. Let's say I am driving drunk, hit her car, and kill her unborn child. Even though she is on the way to the clinic, I am still charged with the death of that unborn child.

Does that sound like rational choices to anyone?

If you think about it, yes adoption is an alternative, but I can't begin to imagine how many hundreds of thousands of orphans we have in the US alone. I saw a show the other day about children in Russia who live on the streets, in the sewers, and so called drug houses where they sniff paints, glue or whatever else they can get their hands on. These kids are anywhere from 6 on up. It's sad. So yes, I'm aware of the fact that abortion is rather disgusting, but you gotta think about how the child might end up as well.

Yes, poverty is a nasty thing...Russia, China, even here in the US children are simply not wanted. I dont have the answers for this, so I will not pretend like I do. All I know is we dont go around exterminating the homless and diseased because the are undesirable.

BTW, partial birth abortion has been outlawed? Good.
in some states, but it is being challenged by women's rights groups all over.

Malek256

Awards
Hey Malek, glad to see you over here.
Hi NP! Congrats again man.

This has got to be one of the most difficult issues mankind will ever face.

To me, it boils down to the unknowable -- at what point does sentience occur? And even earlier than this, at what point is an embryo to the point where it is a guarantee that yes, it will now attain sentience from this point onward barring any interference? In other words, even if the fetus isn't sentient YET -- is it wrong to push the "stop" button before it starts? If so, are contraceptives wrong -- and by extension is abstinence wrong? Trying to trace things to their absolutes doesn't really get you anywhere it seems.

Miscarriages happen all the time. Is it the same thing to abort a fetus which is about to miscarry?

There's another aspect to consider -- quality of life. If I knew that my son or daughter would be born for a short life of agony, extreme retardation, blindness, deafness and more or less unable to do anything but suffer while kept on machines with no chance of help...there's no question. I wouldn't and couldn't allow that to happen. Preventing that from happening -- yes. I can absolutely understand this.

But the diagnosis could be wrong...

Someone mentioned a sulfide compound causing the fetus tremendous pain. That makes sense -- but you're assuming a lot. Does a fetus feel pain? Is there comprehension of the experience? Does a comatose person feel pain? It seems reasonable to guess so -- but it's still a guess.

That's the big problem here. We do not and cannot know the answers -- we GUESS. Tough questions, tough things to think about.

My viewpoint is that I'm a man. I cannot possibly truly know what it means to be pregnant nor to experience a woman's viewpoint. Because of that, on this one issue, I don't believe men should be allowed to vote. I truly don't. I can trust the female half of our species to figure it out. They are no less intelligent than my half. They have no less empathy, no less ability to determine things logically -- but they DO have a perspective that I can't. And the decision 100% affects them not directly men, at least not to the same degree.

It's not a man's life that gets thrown into chaos, not a man's life who may be risked to give birth, not a man who endures the agony of labour.

The big problem I see is that apart from very vocal women's groups representing a small fraction of the overall population, men dominate all these discussions. That shouldn't be the case.