My first scam letter

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I never did get to be a part of the great Nigerian scam letter craze of not so long ago. But my "virginity," so to speak, was broken today by a Mr. Kingsley .C. Ukoji. Here's his letter exactly as I got it:

FROM THE DESK OF : MR KINGSLEY .C. UKOJI.
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK,
3/5 RIDES GARDEN CLOSE,
ACCRA,
GHANA.
REPLY WITH [email protected]

Hello,
I am Mr Kingsley .C. Ukoji, Bank manager of African Development bank, Accra, Ghana, and for reasons which will become obvious to you as you read on, I obtained your address particulars from an Internet address listing. Please exercise some patience and read through my message.
I have a very urgent and confidential business proposition for you. On June 6th 1999, a Gold Consultant/Contractor with the Ghananian National Gold Corporation, Mr. Ahmed Youseff Mustafa , a national of kuwait, made a numbered time ( fixed) deposit for 12 calendar months, value USD26,500,000.00 (TWENTY SIX MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS) in my branch.
On maturity, we sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month,we sent a reminder and finally, his contract employers, the Ghananian National Gold Corporation wrote to inform us that Mr. A Y Mustafa died on an automobile accident; that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin through the kuwait embassy were fruitless. At first I was surprised that I did not receive much official cooperation in my inquiries in order to trace his kin in kuwait, and inform them about Mr. Mustafa’s deposit of USD26.5m plus accrued interest. I therefore made further investigations and discovered that Mr. Mustafa had actively opposed the Government of his country kuwait, and was consequently driven into exile.
Being a minning Expert,he subsequently obtained a job with the Ghananian National Gold Corporation, and settled in Ghana. Thereafter, he walked into my Office
to make the aforementioned deposit of USD26.5m. He did not declare any kin in his application paperwork, contrary to laid down procedures, and when I asked him he informed me that he wished it so. I accepted his application because banks are conservative and will always honour a customer’s wishes, especially high networth customers. No one knows the source of his money because apparently the time frame of his employment with the GNGC does indeed preclude such a large amount of money. It can be assumed that he brought his money over from kuwait, but that is open to speculation. However, the point is that his employers are not aware of this money, and therefore it can be safely assumed that no one will ever come forward to claim this money. This money total USD26.5m is still sitting in my Bank in the Dormant Account Portfolio. No one will ever come forward to claim it now, and according to Ghananian law,after 9 years, the money will automatically revert to the Federal Government Treasury if the Account owner is a foreigner, and certified dead , and there is no valid claim. This indeed, is the situation.
My proposal therefore is that I am looking for a foreigner who will stand in as the next of kin to Mr. Mustafa. It is not necessary to be a blood relation to Mr. Mustafa, nor have the same name. It is not also necessary to come from the same Country. I have worked out the modalities to achieve my aim of appointing a next of kin, and therefore also by this
means transfer this money total USD26.5M abroad for us to share.
The method of achieving the objective of transferring this money abroad is a completely legal and proper way which is simple. I intend to use an Attorney( representing you as BENEFICIARY) to execute a series of affidavits in support of your claim. These will be approved.
The money transfer paperwork itself will include a certificate of origin so that the receiving bank does not ask questions or refuse the money as money laundering. Also, the paperwork will include proper certification that the funds being transferred are from non criminal sources. In short this will be a proper and legal money transfer and there is no risk!.
I will have to process the initial paperwork to obtain approval from the Probate Registry ( Ministry of Justice ) to obtain the Letter of Administration empowering you as Sole trustee/executor to the Estate of Mr. Mustafa.
If you therefore agree to be the official Beneficiary,then please note that you will not be
required to sign any Money Transfer Documents ( my Attorney will do all (that), you will not be required to come to Ghana. Only the following is required from
you:
(1) Send to me immediately A bank account ( a bank
account with zero credit balance is still ok)
(2) Complete name and address of the Bank
(3) Bank Account Number
(4) Name of Account Holder/Beneficiary
(5) Your address, phone and fax.
Once you send me the requested information as above, I will initiate the processing of the transfer and in about 14 working days the money total USD26.5m will be in your nominated bank account for us to share in the ratio of 70% for me and 30% for you. This transaction is guaranteed to succeed without any problem. If you agree to assist me by sending me the above requested information, I will give you my complete address, including phone/ fax/ passport etc and any further clarifications you may require. Looking forward to your urgent reply.
Yours truly,
Mr Kingsley .C. Ukoji.
REPLY WITH [email protected]

This is the response I am planning on emailing him unless you guys can come up with some better suggestions:

What's up man?
I'll admit, your letter is a pretty decent variation of those Nigerian scam letters. Your grammar could use some work, but judging by your name I'll assume that English isn't your "mother tongue" so to speak. I do have a few questions:
1) How can you scam me if I send you a bank account with zero balance? In the future you should probably ask your victims to send you their existing account numbers so you can at least steal from them sooner and with decidedly less effort.
2)Why do you ask for a bank account in your first demand and then ask for a bank account number in your third? Although I'm still assuming your Asian heritage leaves your English skills lacking, I'm sure even the asians practice proofreading.
3)You asked for my address, phone, and fax in your final demand. Why are you only scamming those with access to a fax? For future scamming, those with internet access may not necessarily have access to a fax.
4)In your story you state that the total of 26.5 million USD will be transferred into the account I create for you. But earlier you stated that that amount will have accrued interest since 1999, and as such you should have told me that you would be transfering an amount that would be equal to the 26.5 million plus an imaginary interest.
Please make the above mentioned changes to your scam letter, and I'm sure you will be able to hook a couple suckers out there.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
and then end it with "your a worthless piece of **** you **** and if I ever saw you in person, I would rip your fucken head off" I hate people that do this ****. personally I wouldnt give him anything to make the scam better. Dont offer any tips

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got this same letter about two weeks ago, and one about three months ago from a man in Hong Kong wanting me to save his money he hid from the Chinese government by sending him my bank account number to deposit the $30 million. Lately I have been geting the "your address on PayPal has been changed to ......." or "Jane Doe has been added to your PayPal account." Either email has a link to click and enter your password. I imagine once you enter your email the scammers rob you blind.

It must be a shitty way to live to have to rip off others to make a dollar.
Hopefully there is a special place in Hell for scammers! :smite:

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully there is a special place in Hell for scammers! :smite:
And a special, distinctly separate gene pool for those stupid enough to give their bank account number to a complete stranger, along with all the necessary information to access it. I mean come on. I see these things on the news now and again. That we need public service anouncements letting people know that they shouldn't give this type of information out is a sure sign of impending apocalypse.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I had an idea a while ago for a way to add security patches to your operating system. Since people don't have the brains to go to Microsoft's site and dl the patches directly, why not send the patches as an ambiguous attachment in an email from someone that person doesn't know? The general public seems to have a proclivity for opening these types of attachments anyway so why not make it beneficial? This is a joke of course, but the sad thing is I think it would work pretty well.
On the matter of the letter: I was only being facetious at offering him tips. I pretty much agree with CDB though. Those foolish enough to be so gullible and easily taken advantage of should be taken advantage of with means like these letters. After all, that's the only way these people learn. "The burnt hand teaches most about fire."

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I love that site. I hope I get more of these letters.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
CDB--Seriously, who is that in your avatar? The face honestly looks like an old GF, but lets just say the body is a bit different...

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
CDB--Seriously, who is that in your avatar? The face honestly looks like an old GF, but lets just say the body is a bit different...
No idea again. Honestly, a name isn't important with a set of knobs like that.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Hell yeh! This guy wrote me back:

Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:09:05 -0700 (PDT)
[email protected]
Hi,
Thanks for your email. If you are still interested on my offer, then send me a guarantee fee of 1000$
Thanks.

Ukoji.

What should I say guys? I want to keep this going as long as I can. Let's get this guy!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Forward it to the CIA. IMO, These are often terrorists trying to get money...ie lure the infidels in with their greed bla bla bla.

We get these all time at our business..got one today in fact from the Congo..same amount. Sorry but $26 mill is more than GNP of the freakin Congo.