Mens Grooming

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So we all here to take care of out bodies. A lot of us have goals to look better in the mirror.

I figured we could get some chatter on men's grooming overall.

The last few months I became a member of Dollar Shave club and have really enjoyed it so far. Don't like their shave butter like everyone else but it's nice to get blades every month. I also got a sample of Harry's razors which I think are even better than DSC but are a bit more pricey.

I've also become interested in good hair products and by good I mean not the supermarket hair products. I've recently acquired quite a collection of matte clays for my hair.

Also participating in no shave November where I use argon oil for the little facial hair I have so far.

My girl also has me a shopper at Bath and Body now, their mens lotion: suede is my favorite scent and seems to stronger and last longer than my favorite cologne when I apply it to my face..

anyone else have any favorite products?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a Harry's fan myself. Their advertising and packaging style is kind of at the other end of the spectrum from DSC, and since I'm an older dude it just appeals to me more. Only other product I use is Crew Comb, to keep the flat top nice and tight.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I use cremo to shave my head and face along with a merkur razor 34c and Col. Conks aftershave. I use cremo beard balm and grave b4 shave beard oil and assorted beard balms....grave makes some good holding balm for long goats and beerds....plus the smell good

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use cremo to shave my head and face along with a merkur razor 34c and Col. Conks aftershave. I use cremo beard balm and grave b4 shave beard oil and assorted beard balms....grave makes some good holding balm for long goats and beerds....plus the smell good
Merkur makes one h3ll of a razor. Safety razors are what I used for years, and honestly I've been debating going back to them.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What razor blades do u use for the safety razors....i bought an inexpensive safety razor and i didnt love it...just dont know if it was the handle or the blades

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just bought some products from Brickell Men's Products. Hopefully they work well

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
What razor blades do u use for the safety razors....i bought an inexpensive safety razor and i didnt love it...just dont know if it was the handle or the blades
Astra blades...i bought a varity pack and they did the best of not cutting me or razor burn.....i get 3-4 shaves the toss the blade for a fresh one.

Razor https://www.westcoastshaving.com/Merkur-23C-Long-Handle-Safety-Razor_p_52.html

Blades https://www.westcoastshaving.com/Astra-Superior-Platinum-Double-Edge-Razor-Blades_p_142.html

Great place to order from https://www.westcoastshaving.com

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used the Derby Professional blades in mine. It's what my barber had for years. After he died, I started getting them from A-zon

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I used the Derby Professional blades in mine. It's what my barber had for years. After he died, I started getting them from A-zon
My wife uses those for her lady bits....she loves them so she got a 100 count which will get her a yearish

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife uses those for her lady bits....she loves them so she got a 100 count which will get her a yearish
Proof positive.....Good enough for Lady Bits, good enough for your face.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any of you guys use shave soap and a brush? My girl got me some...it was cheap to see if id lile it and the stuff made my face numb but when i start shaving i may get a better ser up

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just go to Lady Janes, and let them.do what they do. Saves me the time. Lol

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never found a razor that doesn’t kill me afterwards. I’ve tried it all! Wish I could shave on a regular basis though. My hair grows fast enough.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any of you guys use shave soap and a brush? My girl got me some...it was cheap to see if id lile it and the stuff made my face numb but when i start shaving i may get a better ser up
I use a Merkur 34C razor with Feather blades and a brush with Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream. The soap was making my skin too dry, so I prefer the shaving cream, but it comes in a similar dish.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For shampoo/conditioner and hair styling products, look into mister pompadour products. I use the natural beeswax paste...gets the job done without feeling like I have a bunch of **** in my hair.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DHT hair shampoo:

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Never found a razor that doesn’t kill me afterwards. I’ve tried it all! Wish I could shave on a regular basis though. My hair grows fast enough.
Its all about the prep....hot shower, exfoliate ur skin in the shower....doing those 2 things stopped me from getting ingrown hairs after shaving....then use a good shave cream (not that bull$hit in a areosole can) and toss the multi blade razors for a good safety razor and blades.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For shampoo/conditioner and hair styling products, look into mister pompadour products. I use the natural beeswax paste...gets the job done without feeling like I have a bunch of **** in my hair.
so you like mister pomp?

so far for my hair, my go to's have been layrite cement, lockharts matte clay, and uppercut matte clay......depends on how long my hair Is and what it's like outside, some of the water based products don't hold up in the humidity for me

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
so you like mister pomp?

so far for my hair, my go to's have been layrite cement, lockharts matte clay, and uppercut matte clay......depends on how long my hair Is and what it's like outside, some of the water based products don't hold up in the humidity for me
U young kids with ur flowing hair....

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just bought some products from Brickell Men's Products. Hopefully they work well
I like Brickell. Currently using Rugged and Dapper Matte Moisturizer and I like it a lot.

As for shampoo, I use Monat

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
so you like mister pomp?

I hate the name because it sounds hipster as hell, but they actually make really good stuff.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate the name because it sounds hipster as hell, but they actually make really good stuff.
theres a youtube video, I haven't watched it yet....where I think someone is claiming mister pomp and pete and pedro are the same product.....just an fyi because I know alpha.m youtube always has discount codes, if they are the same, might save you some money

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
theres a youtube video, I haven't watched it yet....where I think someone is claiming mister pomp and pete and pedro are the same product.....just an fyi because I know alpha.m youtube always has discount codes, if they are the same, might save you some money
Whichever it is, it works for me. I also just stock up whenever they have sales, so any price difference won't matter to me.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whichever it is, it works for me. I also just stock up whenever they have sales, so any price difference won't matter to me.
Ill have to keep an eye out on black friday and give them a shot

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What keeps hair healthy is don’t wash your hair too often. I think I have washed my hair like once in the last 2 month and it looks and feels great.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Grabbed a free sample from Bad As* beard care....pretty good stuff, pay for shipping and you get a small bottle of beard wash, some balm, and oil in the scent of your choice

I dont' really have anything to compare it to since I've never had a beard before but the smell is really good and the wash feels good, the oil makes the hair soft

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Grabbed a free sample from Bad As* beard care....pretty good stuff, pay for shipping and you get a small bottle of beard wash, some balm, and oil in the scent of your choice

I dont' really have anything to compare it to since I've never had a beard before but the smell is really good and the wash feels good, the oil makes the hair soft
Got a link?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jack black men’s grooming line is a great lineup with shampoos, shaving products, and facial moisturizers.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
What keeps hair healthy is don’t wash your hair too often. I think I have washed my hair like once in the last 2 month and it looks and feels great.
So do u just wet it? How do u keep it clean after working out?