BATMAN BEGINS - Best Batman flick EVER!

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Watched it last night at 12:01am, 80% of the theatre was packed - woulda definately been 100% full but that got-dang theatre has the crappiest marketing heads..I mean, instead of Hulk, they chose to play "From Justin to Kelly" a couple years back.. :rant:

Anyhoo.. after Joel Schumacher killed the Bat with Batman Forever & Batman & Robin, I never thought the Bat would ever come back. Then the news that Chris Nolan was bringing him back hit.. I've been excited since, yet also apprehensive - since Michael Keaton defined the on-screen Bat for me.

So I walked into the theatre last night early to get the good seats and from the point the movie started, till it ended I was at the edge of my seat.

This was THE Batman movie, the most definitive ever. In my mind I thought "Mr. Keaton, I've officially retired you from your cape & cowl duties - Christian Bale IS Batman"

My only complaint about the film - why did it have to end?!?

The Gordon-Bats relationship was excellently portrayed and the child-Bruce scenes were emotionally moving. The film was very 'realistic', dark, gritty and for the most part, dead-serious - all qualities which define the Batman mythos.

I'm going again to watch it on IMAX this weekend.

You gotta go see this one guys..I don't know what else to say...:thumbsup:
Everyone stood up and applauded it when the credits played at the end..

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I have to add another movie to my "must see on vacation" list.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Christopher Nolan directing kinda turns me off to this movie. Look at his past works like Memento.

Is it true that Alfred is a cyborg cuz from the trailer I saw he never aged from when Bruce Wayne was a kid to present?!

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
And what's up with the batmobile? That thing is supposed to be pimp but it has no spinners or neon, what's up with that?

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Dude, forget Memento, this film is nothing like it and is in a league of it's own.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Momento was great! Good to hear, I want to go see this movie with my stepson.

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
great to hear id go see it tonight but i have a gig. Tommorow its a def. though.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I lost track of the date or else I would have been there last night. Tonight FOR SURE. This is the movie I've been looking forward to all summer. Epidose 3 was good and all, but Batman Begins... HELL YEAH!

RMT

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah, but did you like it?:icon_lol:

Thanks for review. Looking forward to seeing this one.

RMT

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Saw this last night. Holy sh*t was this a great movie. Best Batman movie BY FAR!!! About 7 times better than Episode 3, and truly great. You just don't want this movie to end!!!!!!

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Saw it last night ...

All I can say is HOLY $%#@#!!

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, it's THAT good. Oh, and as far as the "batmobile" uh... yeah... his new ride kicks it's ass.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll see it for part of my birthday gift to me.. As soon as I heard the director of Memento did this, I was planning to camp-out at the theatre..

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was THE Batman movie, the most definitive ever. In my mind I thought "Mr. Keaton, I've officially retired you from your cape & cowl duties - Christian Bale IS Batman"

The Gordon-Bats relationship was excellently portrayed and the child-Bruce scenes were emotionally moving. The film was very 'realistic', dark, gritty and for the most part, dead-serious - all qualities which define the Batman mythos.
I'll have to agree that the story was indeed the best of all the Bat flicks so far, but Chris Bale is IMO not even close to Keaton's rendition of the Caped Crusader. Every time he (Bale) talked in his bat suit I couldn't help but stifle a chuckle because he just whispered in a low monotone voice and it kept reminding me of a little kid trying to not get caught talking in class. Keaton was the uber in playing the creepy side of Batman. I don't know if it tops the Burton movies ( Pfiefer in a cat suit is tough to beat, Jack Nicholson as the Jocker was perfect casting, and the batmobile will always be classic), but it definitly outshined the Schumacher movies by far. The movie did catch the Batman archtype better then any of the previous four, it was indeed much better written, and Micheal Cain was a GREAT Alfred. The story between him and Bruce Wayne just about made me trickle a tear or two, to me it was the best part of the movie.

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Christopher Nolan directing kinda turns me off to this movie. Look at his past works like Memento.

Is it true that Alfred is a cyborg cuz from the trailer I saw he never aged from when Bruce Wayne was a kid to present?!
Are you crazy. Memento was excellent. Definitely a thinking mans movie.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Are you crazy. Memento was excellent. Definitely a thinking mans movie.
That movie was pretty straight-forward if you ask me. It was a decent movie but had some issues. Batman Begins is excellent on the Imax screen and infinitely better than Revenge of the Sith. It's a great movie for it's genre but beyond that is questionable. Perhaps I'm just a bit disappointed with the lack of Katie Holmes nudity.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perhaps I'm just a bit disappointed with the lack of Katie Holmes nudity.
If you haven't already, you need to check out "The Gift". I became the biggest Sam Raimi fan ever when I saw that one scene, it topped all the Evil Dead movies in a single second. :D

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Gotta bump this thread since having seen Batman Begins last night. VERY very good movie, you will not be disappointed!

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Just saw that we have an IMAX theatre with Batman in it nearby. Looks like I'll be seeing it AGAIN at the IMAX!!!!!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Saw it last night..

I went in expecting a great movie and I was blown away by a phenomenal movie instead.

Gritty, dark, deeply insightful..it is the perfect superhero movie and I think it will re-define the genre completely.

Ready to see it again!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
just got back from it. in a word: awesome. michael keaton was good for his time but this is a whole new level of batman. pretty cool how it ends where michael keaton's version begins. made me think of how red dragon ended, referring to silence of the lambs.