Need a Goal

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
My gf and I just broke up, my job is sucking bad, and right now I have fish oil burps that are annoying the hell out of me. I'm about as fucked in the head as I can be right now. Well, not so fucked as I once was way back when, but fucked none the less.

I got too comfortable in this relationship when I know I shouldn't have. On and off again with the same girl for years, finally looks to be over permanently. I also got fat again. Not as fat as I used to be, but I still feel like a God damn slob. And I need something to occupy myself before I got out of my fucking mind.

So my new primary goal is the one that eludes me the most: weight loss. Fat loss actually. Gonna work up a diet plan, get some feedback on it. Gonna take a vacation and see my brother up in Oregon. Gonna do anything I need to do to get my mind working again.

tattoopierced1

sounds like a good plan. Nothing can fuel you more to achieve personal goals than the things mentioned above...good luck and keep your head on straight, and if you need it straightenend, i'm sure that all your friends here on AM will be more than happy to help a fellow brother out.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Sounds rough man, sorry. I'll definitely pray for you and help in any way I can. It sounds like you're heading in the right direction though (up!). I know it's easy for me to say this, but something I tell my friends (and myself) when things seem to be going south is that there is only so much under your control, only so much you can do about some things, and everything else happens because it's supposed to. Every single other thing is in God's hands, and nothing can happen unless He allows it. So no matter how bad something that comes from out of nowhere may be, He, in His infinite and perfect wisdom allowed it to happen because out of every thing He could imagine that could happen, what did happen was the best choice. Don't let the Enemy get to you. In times like these his power is nearly nonpareil. He'll throw everything he knows will get to you right in your face, almost all at once. "You'll never lose all this weight." "There's nobody out there for you." Stuff like that. But know that his power is only in deception, and if you keep your sights set on Christ and doing everything for His glory, you cannot, no matter what happens, possibly lose. I know without any doubt that if you do what you know is right then things can only get infinitely better for you, and I'll be praying for you every day that I remember (nobody's perfect :) ).

size

Awards
  • Established
Try meditation and inner reflection. I have found both yoga and prayer to be helpful in soothing my mind.

Women come and go. If you relationship was on again off again, then it simply should have remained in off. Do not go thru life battling a relationship. When you find the right one, there is no battle, there is no off, it just works.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Man I hear you bro, but don't worry about breaking up too much, I've broken up too many times and believe me, there are plenty of fish in the pond, you just gotta keep fishing until you find the one you like.

It's just not worth stressing over. I've always looked at breaking up as a blessing in disguise because it gives you more time to do the things you want and accomplish your personal goals.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Drop the self pitty and take care of bussiness. :smite:

Sounds like the guys above will give you the positive affirmations. I'll be here to kick you in the ass when needed. ;)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking of going to Bobo's site and getting one of his plans. Based on everyone's feedback he knows what he's doing. A premade shopping list sounds nice. Gonna try it myself first though.

The breakup is hard because we've barely been apart for the last few years. Even when not going out the friendship just kept going. Maybe it still will in time. Thanks for all the replies though. I just need to stay focussed and rebound with some hottie in a month or so. Already got one who might be nice to spend some time with, and my friends and I are all going camping sometime soon which will help unstress my ass.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
I hope she's (the new girl) the one in your avatar. Praise God I'm a straight man.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck in these difficult times. It is going to hurt for a while, but you seem right on track for a quick recovery based on everything you've said in this thread so far. There is nothing like getting into the best shape of your life and going out to meet hot chicks. Your self-confidence will skyrocket and you'll be a happy man.

In my experience, cardio can be very therapeutic. Just work yourself into a super-positive frame of mind when you are doing it and you can get a runner's high, even when on an elliptical. Running on trails can also be tremendously uplifting. I think you and I both had similar experiences with drug use in the past. The natural highs are infinitely greater. Pursue them and you will be a happy man very soon. And the six pack will help make you even happier.

Best of luck.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
In my experience, cardio can be very therapeutic. Just work yourself into a super-positive frame of mind when you are doing it and you can get a runner's high, even when on an elliptical. Running on trails can also be tremendously uplifting. I think you and I both had similar experiences with drug use in the past. The natural highs are infinitely greater. Pursue them and you will be a happy man very soon. And the six pack will help make you even happier.

Best of luck.
Thanks. The only six pack I've seen in years are the ones I buy at the store. It's going to take a while, I'm horribly overweight despite being relatively fit. As in out running all my thin friends, out lifting them, out playing them at racquetball, etc. The problem is I seem to be super endomorph. To lose fat my diet has to be immaculate and then it comes off relatively consistently, but slowly. But still you're right. The best way to get over **** like this is to do something positive for myself and make my life better somehow. Maybe find the girl in my avatar and nail her.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Maybe find the girl in my avatar and nail her.
:lol:
You definitely have the best avatars around.

If the diet part is that hard for you I definitely reccommend the Bobo route. I'm on week 6, I've dropped 10lbs of fat, my strength is climbing slowly, and I don't even feel like I'm dieting. The fact that he tells you what to eat and when to eat it is indispensable. Especially if you are very busy, as I always seem to be. If you have the free time try to work it out yourself, but if not you'll learn a lot from Bobo's plan. I consider it an investment.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
:lol:
You definitely have the best avatars around.

If the diet part is that hard for you I definitely reccommend the Bobo route. I'm on week 6, I've dropped 10lbs of fat, my strength is climbing slowly, and I don't even feel like I'm dieting. The fact that he tells you what to eat and when to eat it is indispensable. Especially if you are very busy, as I always seem to be. If you have the free time try to work it out yourself, but if not you'll learn a lot from Bobo's plan. I consider it an investment.
The more I'm thinking of it, the more I'm thinging Bobo is the way to go. This month is my last insurance payment, so I'll have some extra money next month. Like you say, consider it an investment and learn a little something while achieving my goal. Right now I'm surfing and downloading, trying to find a new avatar. Takes time, I'm always looking for a girl with that special angle or outfit that just makes her stand out. Or at least one who shows a good amount of skin.