Crypto currency

Page 27 of 33 First ... 2526272829 ... Last

1. Btc is a tough read. I have come across a bit- that says eventually it could hit huge numbers. On the other hand-their fees are ridiculous. I agree with kisaj... you have to look at the intended purpose of the currency.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kl1234 View Post
    Btc is a tough read. I have come across a bit- that says eventually it could hit huge numbers. On the other hand-their fees are ridiculous. I agree with kisaj... you have to look at the intended purpose of the currency.
    I just have a feeling putting the small amount of BTC I have into ETH or something smaller with good potential would give much better returns.
    •   

3. Yes- I get where you are coming from. I was just throwing another point of view out. I felt the same way... I all but wrote btc off. And who knows, the so called “experts” could be wrong about btc hitting big numbers again.

4. Ouch that was a painful week for crypto longs. Been doing a bit of research in my downtime on a few of them.

Waves has caught my eye, anyone have any thought on this platform?
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Aussies interested in OL Product's shipped locally and US prices, PM me.
    [email protected]
    •   

5. This is a little rough lol

6. Good time to buy....

7. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Ouch that was a painful week for crypto longs. Been doing a bit of research in my downtime on a few of them.

Waves has caught my eye, anyone have any thought on this platform?
    I am not familiar with it. Maybe kisaj?

8. Yeah, today was hard, but I managed to pickup some TRon for .02!

BTW- I've been seeing a lot of soundbites regarding the SEC discussion tomorrow and I have to be honest, I think it is going to be good for us. Maybe not short term and it will shake out the weak, but ultimately it sounds like they really just want to have some regulation to get rid of scams and these ICO issues. Certainly more positive than some of the doomsday, they are looking to ban crypto talks. Take a look.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/se...rticle/2648138
    https://www.coindesk.com/cftc-sec-ch...xchange-rules/
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-g...-idUSKBN1FP2GC

9. Quote Originally Posted by kl1234 View Post
    I am not familiar with it. Maybe kisaj?
    I have limited knowledge of Waves. It's not one that has been on my radar.

10. Are you guys listening to the SEC hearing??? Holy ****, they are literally trying to save crypto right now- waaay different than most thought this was going to go. Way bullish on it.

11. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Are you guys listening to the SEC hearing??? Holy ****, they are literally trying to save crypto right now- waaay different than most thought this was going to go. Way bullish on it.
    Time to lump on?

12. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Are you guys listening to the SEC hearing??? Holy ****, they are literally trying to save crypto right now- waaay different than most thought this was going to go. Way bullish on it.
    They are calling for government regulation though, I thought the idea of crypto was to work around government/banking regulation. At least there arent talks of banning it or making trade illegal.

I dont see how its possible to simply regulate the entire industry or at least to a full extent, many people dont want that. However I can see benefits for cryptos such as Ripple which will benefit selling their technology to the big boys here.

Disclaimer, not an expert on this stuff, lol.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

13. Their focus is really the ICOs. Most all of the input was supporting blockchain and cryptocurrency as new technology and trying to understand how and where it fits. To me this is all positive because they could have come in very opposite and focused on terrorism, drugs, laundering, etc..but instead actually had calm minds and looked at this objectively.

This definitely is just the beginning of the conversation, and no doubt choppy water is in the foreseeable future, but sure gives hope- to buy more in the dip!!!

14. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    They are calling for government regulation though, I thought the idea of crypto was to work around government/banking regulation. At least there arent talks of banning it or making trade illegal.

I dont see how its possible to simply regulate the entire industry or at least to a full extent, many people dont want that. However I can see benefits for cryptos such as Ripple which will benefit selling their technology to the big boys here.
    Yep, and regardless of what the original intent was, there is no question that there will be some regulation involved. People hate Ripple for the sole reason that it is designed to help "the man". But, it's the smart investment.

Funny how China "banned" crypto exchanges (yeah right) and the PBoC is speaking out on the detriment of it, but one of the coins I am holding a fat sack of (VEN) has 2 people tied to PBoC involved in it's development. Hmm, wonder if they are "banning" other currencies so they can focus on the one they are involved in. Nah, the government would never do that.

15. Wow, I actually made some money today. Bought 35k TRX for .02 and sold a little bit ago for .055.

16. It's a shame that the number I'm happy with now is still nearly half of what it was a month ago.. Lol I'm glad it has somewhat stabilized. I'm not sure we are out of the woods completely, though.

17. No, I completely agree and it is the little wins that I am focusing on. Hell, a month ago I never would have imagined that a win would constitute buying more coins during a dip or crash. Last Fall it was a bad day if I only made a few hundred dollars.

18. So this threads gone quiet just like crypto generally......

What we thinking, still expecting any big increases this year or is it maturing and has found its level? (The Big coins anyway)?

19. We are in a lull of uncertainty with regulation, new investors that came in, got scared because they didn't see 1000x returns and pulled money for a loss, whales manipulating, pump and dump groups, and a lot of options available to put money into. All are contributing factors. Also, everything still rides with BTC pairing so as it goes, alts go. We are in a maturing stage with technology, but an immature stage with investors. Nothing but 16yo kids screaming "Moon!" when the price goes up .05 and then getting pissed when their $100 investment didn't get them a lambo. It is maddening and you need to stay off any social sites.

My take:
    Regulation talk will continue, but people will see it is a good thing and start to feel confident to put money back in the market.

Tether issues will likely fade as there really is no way to force an audit and they have already said they won't allow it and all the money is there. Who knows? We may never. Even if it was found that they were committing fraud, I don't think the impact would be as big as stated.

ETH will triple in price later this year as they continue to develop and so many alts are using the network. It is now viewed as the "stable coin".

Alts will start to increase, but we will see many fail. DYOR and pick what you believe in. For me, it is all about IoT. I have been buying dips and since prices have tanked, have put in another $5k which is all in red. I believe like no other.

20. Agreed^^. I have been buying lately as well(Against my better judgement). I have been focusing on the more mainstream coins. Most of the alts scare me a bit. Although, if you pick the right one... you may just get your lambo. I think- if government doesn’t get too involved- crypto will survive... and thrive.

21. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    We are in a lull of uncertainty with regulation, new investors that came in, got scared because they didn't see 1000x returns and pulled money for a loss, whales manipulating, pump and dump groups, and a lot of options available to put money into. All are contributing factors. Also, everything still rides with BTC pairing so as it goes, alts go. We are in a maturing stage with technology, but an immature stage with investors. Nothing but 16yo kids screaming "Moon!" when the price goes up .05 and then getting pissed when their $100 investment didn't get them a lambo. It is maddening and you need to stay off any social sites.

My take:
    Regulation talk will continue, but people will see it is a good thing and start to feel confident to put money back in the market.

Tether issues will likely fade as there really is no way to force an audit and they have already said they won't allow it and all the money is there. Who knows? We may never. Even if it was found that they were committing fraud, I don't think the impact would be as big as stated.

ETH will triple in price later this year as they continue to develop and so many alts are using the network. It is now viewed as the "stable coin".

Alts will start to increase, but we will see many fail. DYOR and pick what you believe in. For me, it is all about IoT. I have been buying dips and since prices have tanked, have put in another $5k which is all in red. I believe like no other.
    This is really interesting - it’s appreciated that you always give a view with the thought process behind it.

I’ve still got a bit of crypto but have a 5 figure amount I need to do something else with. Currently just in a bank account and earning me nothing so I’m going to invest it but not prepared to take the risk on crypto. Stocks and shares (medium to long term trades) is my preferred option, especially as I still have allowance on my 20 stocks and shares isa in the uk (I.e I pay no tax on the profit from that).

I’ll spread the portfolio with a chunk of lower risk (possibly even just s&p 500) but interested in getting some into companies involved in block chain technology......are there any you think are especially worth researching?

22. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post

I’ll spread the portfolio with a chunk of lower risk (possibly even just s&p 500) but interested in getting some into companies involved in block chain technology......are there any you think are especially worth researching?
    Are you meaning traditional companies that are dipping their foot in the blockchain world? If so, that would be all of them.

Personally, as we move into maturing the technology and gaining mainstream acceptance, I search for crypto companies that are solving real world problems and have partnerships lined up. Companies like VeChain, who are solving logistic and supply chain issues via IoT and have already amassed an incredible list of partnerships, most recently announcing BMW and Oxford University. Right now, gaining acceptance with established, well known companies and governments is huge to ensure the survival.

If you are looking for safer bets, sticking with the "blue chip" currencies is the safer bet- BTC, ETH, LTC, XMR, NEO.

23. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Are you meaning traditional companies that are dipping their foot in the blockchain world? If so, that would be all of them.

Personally, as we move into maturing the technology and gaining mainstream acceptance, I search for crypto companies that are solving real world problems and have partnerships lined up. Companies like VeChain, who are solving logistic and supply chain issues via IoT and have already amassed an incredible list of partnerships, most recently announcing BMW and Oxford University. Right now, gaining acceptance with established, well known companies and governments is huge to ensure the survival.

If you are looking for safer bets, sticking with the "blue chip" currencies is the safer bet- BTC, ETH, LTC, XMR, NEO.
    Yep it was traditional companies who are looking to use blockchain technology I’m after......

Although VeChain does look interesting.....

24. I gotta say, I check Coin Stats maybe twice a day to make sure nothing crazy has happened, and that's all I think about it. When it dropped to its lowest I just assumed I was going to lose it all, and now I feel significantly better just letting it sit and not worrying or checking the internet multiple times a day.

I am waiting until a few things hit a certain point then likely dumping them all into ETH and a couple alts that I really like.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 11:56 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 08:26 PM