justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
However you spell it. Just don't spill it. This thread is about the love of coffee.

Why do you? What's your fave?
Share. This is a covfefe place. :D

IMG_3775.jpg

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've been enjoying this line of coffee for the past year. Great group of guys and hilarious videos. https://www.blackriflecoffee.com
Second time I've heard them mentioned. Will look further into them now.

I just ordered some Chaos & Pain Columbian Supremo Coffee and will put up my review here.
Alpha20 - for 20% off your order btw.

Also, have been looking into these guys "Death Wish Coffee Co.", but Chaos & Pain won my order before them. (SAVETHREE) for $3 off your order.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It all started in college... i acquired the taste for it. Like beer. It just taste delicious and puts me in a good mood. Most likely addicted. My favorite has been Caveman Coffee.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any Peetz yellow bag light roast. My store no longer carries it so Costco's has a Magnum Exotics Jamaican coffee,whole bean which I grind as needed. I also like the Dunkin Donuts whole bean. Again grind as needed.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always wanted to try Jamaican Blue Mountain, or Kona but I'm not paying that kind of money just yet. My wife would get her scissors and change me from a Beritone to a Soprano.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always wanted to try Jamaican Blue Mountain, or Kona but I'm not paying that kind of money just yet. My wife would get her scissors and change me from a Beritone to a Soprano.
I do not think it is real Blue Mountain as the pricey stuff goes to Japan and high end locales in the USA.

Well I just read a few reviews and apparently it is the real deal. Cannot believe the price. It really is not expensive for the Costco sized 2lb bag. $21 I think. GFs buys it so I do not know for certain.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Try hitting up a Marshall's or TJ Max....my wife gets lucky and will bring home 6-10 1# bags (whole bean)of the kona blend for $6-8 each...but uve got to search the shelves in the treat area

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm far from a coffee snob (backpacking I typically carry Medaglio D'Oro instant espresso), anything strong and cheap is good for me. Lately, I've been on a cold brew kick

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Coffee makes the work day SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAS51

JAS51

Awards
  • Established
However you spell it. Just don't spill it. This thread is about the love of coffee.

Why do you? What's your fave?
Share. This is a covfefe place. :D
Bumping this old thread to see what everyone's favorite roast are.

My current favorites are:

Vallorani Coffee Buon Giorno Blend- Aeropress or Espresso Machine
La Colombe Bleu and La Colombe Colombia(San Roque) pour over or drip brew.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get the same thing every time I get coffee.

Large ice americano with almond milk and two sweet and low. Lol

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you for resurrecting this thread! I'm having my coffee at the moment.
Stove top brewed espresso.

I was looking at the latest threads and thought, who's that wise guy who wrote "Coffee / Covfefe" I wish I had thought of that.
Apparently, it was me in Sept. of 2017. lol.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I purchase store BOGO coffee now and then. Recently tried Seattle's Best brand. Their Portside I find too strong. Have to use whole milk to minimize the brew strength. The House Blend is excellent.

Was in Guatemala recently and purchased several bags of coffee. The usual desirable from http://www.elcafetalito.com/
Very inexpensive compared to the markup for USA retail. About half price.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm working my way through all of the Black Rifle blends.. Good stuff for a good cause. Just finished the FFDP blend. Good stuff.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I also liked the zero foxtrot hate & discontent coffee.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Honestly my love for coffee is only marginally lower than my love for my kids...

Im stim tolerant so am lucky enough to be able to drink it all day with no impact on sleep.

Im a complete whore on brands though, ill change everytime an offer something new comes out but its pretty much mostly nepresso capsules these days, got a machine two years ago and never looked back. The nepresso brand capsules i tend to prefer but given ill use a minimum of 8 -10 a day i keep cheaper brands on hand as well.

An aero press also gives a nice change on flavour.

I travel to london a lot and theres loads of littke artisan coffee shops everywhere these days, some great blends in there too.

Just all the coffee basically, i love it all. And it loves me. It makes me whole

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
^ I welled up with a tear. Thank you my man.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will drink basically anything as long as it isn't Maxwell House. I usually just buy Folgers or Barissimo House Blend Dark or Medium roast. I love coffee, but haven't gotten any further into different brands or ways of brewing it. I like the normal kind good enough as is!

I do love a good Frappuccino or Iced Macchiato at Starbucks. Their regular coffee isn't that great, especially for the price you pay. I view them more as caffeinated shakes and not coffee, though.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will drink basically anything as long as it isn't Maxwell House. I usually just buy Folgers or Barissimo House Blend Dark or Medium roast. I love coffee, but haven't gotten any further into different brands or ways of brewing it. I like the normal kind good enough as is!

I do love a good Frappuccino or Iced Macchiato at Starbucks. Their regular coffee isn't that great, especially for the price you pay. I view them more as caffeinated shakes and not coffee, though.
As a nod to nostalgia I will say that Folgers or Maxwell House brewed in an 1970s electric percolator,(avocado green of course!), has a wonderful aroma.

I dislike the taste of Starbucks myself. I recall being gifted some of their coffee decades ago and thought they would surely go out of business.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drink 3 espresso shots every 2-3 hrs at work. And a tall french press coffee upon waking. I also have coffee when I get home from work or I'll get nothing done at night. Probably overdoing it a tad.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I drink 3 espresso shots every 2-3 hrs at work. And a tall french press coffee upon waking. I also have coffee when I get home from work or I'll get nothing done at night. Probably overdoing it a tad.
Doing it perfectly in my opinion bro....

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doing it perfectly in my opinion bro....
I have a rule of no coffee after 2pm. So it does not upset sleep cycles.

Coffee at 430am 8am and Noon/1/2pm done. Six 6oz cups per day. About 540-600mgs of caffeine per day. Sometimes a bit more. I ice it with milk on hot days and it is like a soft drink.

I just looked up daily safe dosage and 400mgs is a popular number. Find it rather low myself.

I just found an online calc. which uses bodyweight so about 490mg for me. Oh well. overachiever

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have a rule of no coffee after 2pm. So it does not upset sleep cycles.

Coffee at 430am 7am noon and 2pm done.
That’s the thing with caffeine, for some it’s just not an issue and for others it badly affects sleep.

My dad was the same as me, would literally have a cup on his way to bed lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I put some coffee mate powder in my coffee today and it was the most delicious thing ever! Reminded me of my childhood when we use to sneak and drink my dad’s coffee!

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s the thing with caffeine, for some it’s just not an issue and for others it badly affects sleep.

My dad was the same as me, would literally have a cup on his way to bed lol
I also partake in Mary Jane when I’m finished everything at night, so I get a very solid sleep.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I forgot how much I love the bulletproof coffee!! Started back on it yesterday.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forgot how much I love the bulletproof coffee!! Started back on it yesterday.
I love high fat coffee, got my own version of bulletproof coffee I make. I usually would make 3-4 shots of espresso and then add about a half cup of heavy cream. Good stuff I used to only have black coffee but I get more sustained energy this way.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
keto-bomb-nutrition-facts.png

Currently switched to using Keto Bomb creamer from BPI in my coffee, since I'm on a CKD now. Good stuff!

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone here ever heard of Koffee Kult? I found out about them on Amazon. They’re a craft roasting company and once an order is made, they roast your beans for you the day before it ships, same day or 1 day delivery - can’t get any fresher than this. I tried them out last week and their dark roast whole bean coffee is pretty incredible.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just had a covfefe-gasm... TMI?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone here ever heard of Koffee Kult? I found out about them on Amazon. They’re a craft roasting company and once an order is made, they roast your beans for you the day before it ships, same day or 1 day delivery - can’t get any fresher than this. I tried them out last week and their dark roast whole bean coffee is pretty incredible.
It is good. I prefer the Don Pablo organic medium dark roast.

So many coffees, so little time.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I went for the BOGOs in the grocery store and picked up some Gevalia House Blend and Light Roast. Enjoy the Light Roast.(not yet opened the other) Also purchased a few New England Coffee's Donut Shop Blend which is wonderful to my taste.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gave my old organic french roast coffee a try again and wow, doesn't hold a torch to Koffee Kult at all!! I'm hooked...

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I gave my old organic french roast coffee a try again and wow, doesn't hold a torch to Koffee Kult at all!! I'm hooked...
Ordering some tonight.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Community Coffee is the best coffee you'll ever drink

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well I went for the BOGOs in the grocery store and picked up some Gevalia House Blend and Light Roast. Enjoy the Light Roast.(not yet opened the other) Also purchased a few New England Coffee's Donut Shop Blend which is wonderful to my taste.
My parents always get the Gevalia, I like it but it tastes a little smokey to me.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My parents always get the Gevalia, I like it but it tastes a little smokey to me.
I love that smokey taste. I think I just like everything a bit burnt lol from my steaks (as long as it’s rare inside) to my coffee.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I love that smokey taste. I think I just like everything a bit burnt lol from my steaks (as long as it’s rare inside) to my coffee.
I absolutely love when the outside of my food has some burn to it. I am pretty picky on the coffee I will buy and how it is made though lol

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tried Eight O'Clock coffee Original blend. A medium roast. Very nice.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ordering some tonight.
If you like strong tasting dark roasts, I enjoy Koffee Kult's Dark Roast more than their Thunder Bolt French Roast for some reason. Has a really full bodied taste. Definitely order their whole bean if you have a grinder.