Venting - AnabolicMinds.com

Venting

1. CDB

Venting

If you apply for a job, try not to hang up on anyone you think is a telemarketer for a month or so. I'm doing some recruiting right now for one of my company's clients, and more than half the people who actually apply for the damn jobs we post just hang up on you when you try to call them. Sometimes you even get the company name out, and you'd think they'd remember that they applied for a job there and at least stay on the damn phone long enough to see what the call is about. Nope.

Also, some random but often ignored advice. Run a grammar and spelling check on your resume. Nothing is more annoying or off-putting than a sloppy resume, regardless of a person's experience. And organize the thing. I don't know a recruiter that actually gives a **** how it's organized, what's towards the top and bottom and all that. Just group it so it's readable and all the info is accessible. The crap some people put out there as there resume is ridiculous. No one seems to know the difference between its and it's, to and too, and they're, their and there.

Sorry. I'm the only one working late today and needed to spew.

2. Anabolic Innovations Owner

LOL I feel for your dude.

How about doing it this way.

CONGRATULATIONS you got the job. Might just cut down on the # of hang ups.

BTW if you hate telemarketers as much as I do then do NOT hang up. Just pop open a beer and see how long you can get them to stay on the phone until THEY hang up in utter frustration.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  3. Board Supporter

nice avatar
    •   

4. Anabolic Innovations Owner

thanks
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  5. Advanced Member

not that this anything to do with the original post, but i wouldn't be rude to telemarketers. they are just normal people trying to make a living, and a lot of these people have no better options. they are exploited by enormous credit card banks and other corporations just like any industry that exploits their workers. telemarketers are annoying as hell, but if you really want to piss off the people responsible for interrupting your dinner time or whatever, then write a letter to your credit card issuer telling them you decided to close your account because they use telemarketing as their primary selling vehicle.
  6. New Member

I just hate the telemarketers that live in India and dont speak english.
  7. SJA
    dead sexy wino

The crap some people put out there as there resume is ridiculous. No one seems to know the difference between its and it's, to and too, and they're, their and there.
    May want to edit this
  8. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    May want to edit this
    ****ing awesome.
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    If you apply for a job, try not to hang up on anyone you think is a telemarketer for a month or so. I'm doing some recruiting right now for one of my company's clients, and more than half the people who actually apply for the damn jobs we post just hang up on you when you try to call them. Sometimes you even get the company name out, and you'd think they'd remember that they applied for a job there and at least stay on the damn phone long enough to see what the call is about. Nope.

Also, some random but often ignored advice. Run a grammar and spelling check on your resume. Nothing is more annoying or off-putting than a sloppy resume, regardless of a person's experience. And organize the thing. I don't know a recruiter that actually gives a **** how it's organized, what's towards the top and bottom and all that. Just group it so it's readable and all the info is accessible. The crap some people put out there as there resume is ridiculous. No one seems to know the difference between its and it's, to and too, and they're, their and there.

Sorry. I'm the only one working late today and needed to spew.
    Hey you can call me and I will listen Hard as hell trying to find a full time job right now via college.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

its vs. it's is one that many people will never understand even though the proper for each is easy.
  11. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    its vs. it's is one that many people will never understand even though the proper for each is easy.
    English is what people will never understand, and I don't blame them. A Germanic language with Latin rules applied that's developed in a country bigger than most, with dialects and accents and enough cultural garbage abounding to confuse native speakers, much less foreigners trying to learn.
  12. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by Grassroots082
    Hey you can call me and I will listen Hard as hell trying to find a full time job right now via college.
    If I could get you a job, I would bro. Right now the union I'm dealing with has a stick up their ass and the hiiring budget isn't going to ramp up again until fourth quarter anyway. I'm cruising. I need some time off bad.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Libido Questions/venting/moral support
    By SufferingEd in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 02:47 PM
  2. just needed to vent.
    By protomike in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 11:35 AM
  3. **** You! "One fingered salute" vent design draws ire of neighbors
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3