Purpose Driven Life By Rick Warren

C

csly

Awards
Has anyone read this book? I just finished it, and I am so blessed to have read it.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
my wife has read it and keeps telling me to read it. Maybe I'll give it a go.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Our entire congregation read it last year and did the small groups and everything associated with it. The concepts are so amazingly simple, yet it is so profound it is mind boggling. I tell everyone I can to read it, Christian or not.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My wife bought it but has yet to start reading it... I may pick it up and scim through it...

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Aye, It's good.

John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany helped to mold me.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
My wife bought it but has yet to start reading it... I may pick it up and scim through it...
Its very easy to read. 1 chapter per day for 40 day, but they might tale all of 7 minutes.

D

DR X

Awards
I have not only read it but have lead 3 study groups on it. Currently I am leading a study group on Rick's latest book 40 days of community. Great stuff. He will have a new one next year as well.

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
is it a Christian or Faith based book? If not, I may be interested.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its very easy to read. 1 chapter per day for 40 day, but they might tale all of 7 minutes.
That's only 280 minutes... I could read the whole thing in 4.5 hours... **** I might just read it tonight

D

DR X

Awards
is it a Christian or Faith based book? If not, I may be interested.
It's a Biblically based book which answers the meaning of life. That's why it's a #1 best seller and has sold more hard copies than any book ever. 37 million if I'm not mistaken. Very popular in the non Christian culture. A must read. And you only want to read 1 chapter a day even tho you could easily blow through the whole book in hours.

U

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
It's a Biblically based book which answers the meaning of life. That's why it's a #1 best seller and has sold more hard copies than any book ever. 37 million if I'm not mistaken. Very popular in the non Christian culture. A must read. And you only want to read 1 chapter a day even tho you could easily blow through the whole book in hours.
Bibically based, sound christian to me. Not my cup of tea.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to check that one out. Sadly, I dont get to read nearly as much as I would like to.
Same here but if you ever want to really know me as a person apart from my interview, that's tha book. :)

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established

What are you afraid of? :) I read books by atheists or agnostics all the time who interject their Godless point of view. Doesnt mean I cant learn anything from their work, though.

As I said, the Purpose driven Life book is a great read for non-Christians as well.

B

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
My wife and I have been talking about getting it. I have heard alot about it and all the responses have been good.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I just ordered and I can't wait to read it.

And speaking of great books...

"Personal Power through Awareness" by Sanaya Roman

S

steve777

Awards
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDERTAKER

What are you afraid of? :) I read books by atheists or agnostics all the time who interject their Godless point of view. Doesnt mean I cant learn anything from their work, though.

As I said, the Purpose driven Life book is a great read for non-Christians as well.
Ditto. This book has changed allot of lives - both christians and non-christians. And Undertaker - the concepts discussed in this book are your's and everyone's "cup of tea". whether you understand that now or not is a different story. Another excellent read is "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis - a timeless classic that has been around for about 50 years. I would highly recommend it to athiests, agnostics, or those (of any religion) alike.

C

csly

Awards
Rick Warren’s Purpose Driven Life is now on audio CD. Amazon currently has this product.