What do and don't you fear?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Kinda figured this would be good for everyone because some of us have conquered our fears and may be able to teach others about them.
What I fear: snakes and insects... and cancer.... that's about it... maybe not finding a purpose in life or deleoping Alzheimer's like my great grandparents did.

Don't fear/gotten over: Don't fear death, gotten over heights and public speaking fears (this has made me really reckless).

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I basically fear: Cancer, snakes, some incurable disease, dying alone and not being able to race.

I don't fear (Gotten over): Death, electric cars and spiders.

dougefresh93

dougefresh93

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
heights and snakes, not a fan!

no fear of spiders, driving fast, cold approaching, job interviews.

just off the top of my head.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Electric cars lol why'd you have a fear of them? jakz

Job interviews used to really bother me but then I got confident and now I slay them

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
heights and snakes, not a fan!
I stepped over a baby snake once thinking it was a worm. Since I have an earthworm phobia , I had the snake Laing on my front door welcome mat, I thought it was a worm so I tri d to not look at it and basically leaped over it . Not a fun moment when I realized it was a snake later...

Fear: worms, heights, being physically weak and in chronic pain one day, retirement funds, mode of death (not death itself)

Things I've overcome: fear of rejection /disappointment (from parents, bosses, etc.) , death

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Electric cars lol why'd you have a fear of them? jakz

Job interviews used to really bother me but then I got confident and now I slay them
Do you really want to do 0-100 sub 3 seconds or be able to Lap the Nurburgring in under 7 seconds and only hear "weeee".. I like gears and I like an exhaust note.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you really want to do 0-100 sub 3 seconds or be able to Lap the Nurburgring in under 7 seconds and only hear "weeee".. I like gears and I like an exhaust note.
Hahaha true true makes sense.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not to try and sound tough, but the only thing that scares me now are things that impact mortality and my ability to be with my family. Well, that and those crazy Russians walking around the edge of buildings and cranes.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not to try and sound tough, but the only thing that scares me now are things that impact mortality and my ability to be with my family. Well, that and those crazy Russians walking around the edge of buildings and cranes.
Heights like that scare me still, I couldn't do it but I'm good with lower heights, still get the jitters tho

so1970

Awards
Not living up to my potential scares the **** out of me.i don't want to live my life in fear and I want to be a great example of what my kids want to grow up to become

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Not living up to my potential scares the **** out of me.i don't want to live my life in fear and I want to be a great example of what my kids want to grow up to become
I used to be like that... then I hit my 30's and no longer give a fk. Life way less stressful and I'm way happier now. Ironically the less fks I give the better my relationships, career etc have become.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Priorities shift. Like almost everyone, we go through self reflection and a little lack of full self confidence in our 20's and then start to realize without any effort that the **** we were concerned about just doesn't matter. Then parenthood happens for some of us and then all the caring goes towards something bigger than us. Trying to make things better for our kids. We in turn happen to make our lives better because we want to be a reflection that our kids can emulate and be proud of. Not for everyone, but most good people that want to do better and have a high regard for themselves.