My professor is British

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He's teaching American economy, am I wrong for not being able to take him serious?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This made me laugh.

But in all seriousness, it's a pretty common thing. Just like a male instructor teaching a women's study course or a white instructor teaching African American studies. It may seem odd, but it's not uncommon for people to study said subjects to become competent enough to teach in them.

I'll just say be glad your instructor (I'm assuming, at least) has an accent you can understand.

Far better than TA's with thick Indian/Asian accents. Those were hard classes.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Mostly just trying to get people to laugh with this post because I'm dying... ladies and gentleman is used every other sentence.... honestly can't stop smiling because he's saying words "wrong"... and someone just asked him about aluminum.....

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mostly just trying to get people to laugh with this post because I'm dying... ladies and gentleman is used every other sentence.... honestly can't stop smiling because he's saying words "wrong"... and someone just asked him about aluminum.....
you mean al-ee-yoo-mihn-ee-uhm? lol

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He also says "do you speak class" when asking us if we understand. Kinda funny and cool

Nick and the twist... never heard that before

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be happy. I had an Indian professor teach Financial Analysis and could not understand his English. Dropped the class for next semester to try again. Another Indian professor. She was understandable.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
honestly can't stop smiling because he's saying words "wrong"... and someone just asked him about aluminum.....
You do realise 'you' speak English and have changed the pronunciations and spellings of English words, admittedly Humphry Davy did spell it alumium, then aluminum before changing it to aluminium. The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) official spelling is Aluminium.

Anyway I thought this was a bodybuilding website

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm an American, our way is the right way, everyone else is wrong. :D I just think it's funny having a British professor teach American economics.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I concur. bdcc is wrong. We've all known it.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had a Nobel Laureate teaching my Econ class on loan... I think he was Chinese. He loved me. Gave me exams with 5 pages, 2 questions per page, expected pretty graphics, formulas, and essays. I called it "Creative Writing 101". :D

Got a B. No idea how. (Edit: He must have loved my writing, and creative images, to go with the BS)

My other Econ professors was German. Very thick accent.
Got a B in that class even though I would show up in a bath robe, cowboy boots, and a baseball cap.

I was flying to Italy, stop over in Amsterdam. I was getting off of a bus in Amsterdam and she was getting on. Immediately said. "Dr. Roth, we meet again..." Amsterdam was the best.

Also took a welding class, where the instructor insulted me. I flipped him off, walked out, never went back.
I got an A.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You do realise 'you' speak English and have changed the pronunciations and spellings of English words, admittedly Humphry Davy did spell it alumium, then aluminum before changing it to aluminium. The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) official spelling is Aluminium.

Anyway I thought this was a bodybuilding website
You've a cheeky nerve being right.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No spelling fascist here. Thought it was humorous given the context.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bit of an update. I dropped the class to take a scuba diving class.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
English people are always correct.

Glad I could clear that up for you chaps.

Pip pip cheerio.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
My economics professor in College was French. As long as you know the material it doesn't really matter where you are from

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I'm an American, our way is the right way, everyone else is wrong. :D I just think it's funny having a British professor teach American economics.
Remind him that the US of A saved them from speaking german