Goodness, some recruits just hot all the genetics!

1. Doctor Science
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Goodness, some recruits just hot all the genetics!

This is Marcus Sims, brother to FSU's linebacker (and #3 ranked linebacker in the nation as a sophomore last year) Ernie Sims. This kid is 6'1" 215 as a senior in high school (and runs a 4.5).
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Registered User
    Answers

Could that be natural? I remember a kid in high school that big and he didn't seem like the kind of guy to do steroids but it was hard to believe he didn't...
  3. Doctor Science
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Yeah he is natural. His brother looks exactly like him. Just those naturally stacked people. Kills me too cause it just isn't fair
    •   

4. Pityin' fools since '81
    Answers

feel your pain. it blows that i require drugs to attain a comperable physique. well, i guess it's possible natural too; however i don't want to be 35 by the time i achieve my goals
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

THat is unreal.

I played against a kid in high school who was like a man among boys. He had some kind of condition where he supposedly packed on too much muscle. He never touched weight in high school, yet was about 230 at I would say 7% body fat. He went on to play full back at Nebraska (Dan Alexander) and when he finally started lifting, shattered every single lifting record they had.

The guys was seriously a freak...played a while for the titans, but fumble problems ended his career.

6. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

Damn those pure mesomorphs
  7. Registered User
    Answers

A guy I played football with in high school had a kid brother (who never graduated because he was kind of dumb, so he never played in college) who benched 240 in eighth grade (I spotted him when he maxed out for our football coach - I was in 10th grade). He was about 10% body fat. I don't know about you guys, it may be more common than I think, but I sure as hell wasn't maxing out at 240 when I was in eighth grade.

/karp
  8. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

There's a guy at my gym like that. Right now he puts up like 450 and he's not too much bigger than me. FREAKY strong.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I know I'm sterotyping here, but black guys tend to start with/carry/put on muscle more so than any other ethnicity. I know a lot of people notice this too. I swear, I knew some black guys in the past who lifted weights for like a couple of months and they were bigger than some who had lifted for years.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    This is Marcus Sims, brother to FSU's linebacker (and #3 ranked linebacker in the nation as a sophomore last year) Ernie Sims. This kid is 6'1" 215 as a senior in high school (and runs a 4.5).
    Genetics for sure. He's got those short bones and long full muscle bellies.I'm sure his fiber distribution and endocrine function is optimal too. He's definitely built for the game. I'm not sure he would make an asthetic BBer though.

Like he really cares though.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

looks like someone who uses gear to me. Gear is rampid amount high school football players.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I know I'm sterotyping here, but black guys tend to start with/carry/put on muscle more so than any other ethnicity. I know a lot of people notice this too. I swear, I knew some black guys in the past who lifted weights for like a couple of months and they were bigger than some who had lifted for years.
    The guy I was talking about was black. His older brother, who I knew much better and who played football at SU, was about 6'1", 200 lbs, with about 6% bodyfat (that's no ****) and ran a 4.2 second 40 in his junior year in high school. If he didn't have stone hands he would've made an incredible receiver. Instead he bulked up a bit (I think he was like 220 when he played at SU) and played linebacker and special teams. Even though he wasn't quite as fast, he constantly got penalties on punts because he was consistently hitting the punt returner before the ball even got there. I haven't seen very many (if any) white guys who could come close to the profile I just described.

/karp
  13. Advanced Member
    Answers

I know one, his name is Matt Jones. As far as strength, my senior year our freshmen running back coming into HS from 8th grade bench 250. Some people have incredible genes for certain things. My friends hate that I can get scary big for football( I am Danish, called farmer genes). But my friend who is white ran a 4.5 as a freshmen and was 6'2 180 pounds. Dumbass that he was he only played basketball. He could dunk as a 8th grader and can rep 185 and he doens't workout at all. I notice it is more of a ethnic thing too. Northern European and Africans have incredible genes. So when you see these African American football players, they are almost always a mix of the two which creates unbelievable genes. Now you will start seeing Samoan athletic freaks as more aer coming to the states. They have really good genetics also. Born to play football.
  14. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

A friend of mine is Asian, and in 7th grade at 130lbs he could put up 185lbs on the flat bench. When he was 17, first time he tried the clean and press he put 225lbs over his head. Now he's 22 and 230lbs, and can hang clean+press 315 for 4, bench 450+, and squat over 500lbs. He just won the golden golves tournament for boxing, too. Imagine getting hit by a dude with that much power!!

BV
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 02:02 AM
  2. how good is all the whey
    By orvise in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 09:49 PM
  3. Is Gatorade good PW? What about all the fructose?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 01:49 AM
  4. I just want to say WELCOME to all the new members!!
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 12:34 PM