I Belong to the Pussiest Gym Ever

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I go to a Planet Fitness, and the facility just changed from one that was a World's Gym to a brand new facility. All the equipment is new, which is cool, but the dumbells only go up to 80lbs. They have 80 cardio machines, but only 2 Flat benches and 1 incline bench. There is one squat rack and 2 smith machines. The decor is purple and yellow:sick: .

But the pussiest thing of all just defies any lasting shred belief that this is a place where muscle could possibly be built is the "Lunk Alarm". I am hoping it does not work, but it appears to be an actual alarm with a flashing light. Beneath the phrase "Lunk Alarm" is a definition: Lunk--Someone who grunts, bangs weights, etc.

Can anyone outdo my gym for its dedication to pussydom???

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Nah, that's pretty gay. BTW, is pussydom a word? I looked it up, but couldn't find anything. :lol:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Pussydom, to the best of my knowledge, was not a word until about 10 minutes ago. That makes it a neologism or newly invented word. It is synonymous with pussiosity.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
dude, i dont think it actually works. I think there just trying to get a point across. And no, your gym tops it off for the gayest gym i have ever heard of. 80s? that sucks dude, you need a new gym.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I joined for a year in October, and it was only $99. I can pay $39, and then $10 per month to keep going, or $99 down and be locked in for $10per month for 10 YEARS!

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
but dude, 80lb dumbells? I am not trying to be a "oh I am so big" guy but I usually use alot more then that for presses.

CyberMuscle

CyberMuscle

Awards
Yep i would have to say your gyms the pussiest i have ever heard of. At least you don't have those people who go to the extremes cheating on lifts. You ever seen a 140lb guy try to curl 135lbs. Its like a squat,curl,press:nono: . You would have to see it to believe it.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The funny thing is there are a lot of big guys at the gym. They're all like WTF???

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I agree T-Bone. I'll probably just stick around. I will just have to use a barbell for the heavy work.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
80's?

**** me. That's NOT even a warm up set. Good for rotator work maybe. lol

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I have to admit that is more than a warm-up set for me, especially since I've been doing TUT, but it certainly doesn't give you room to grow.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
My gym is colored with a medium purple and a teal. They recently added some neon light in the shape of lightening bolts and other things on the walls. Kind of lame really. Theycould have spent the extra money to purchase heavier dumbells and other equipment. The DB's at my gym go to 110. I belong to another (which I don't have to pay) they go to 120. My gym is pretty much a meat market at this time, but I got a very good deal. My first two years are free, with my wife added on even.

Now, my old gym was a hang and bang old school style. Their DB's went to 140 and equipment was all homemade. It was just that the restroom's were always broken, roof leaked when it rained, no air conditioning in the Summer (it gets 115 where I'm at), and a crappy heater in the corner.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
...."Lunk Alarm" is a definition: Lunk--Someone who grunts, bangs weights, etc.

OMFG...that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard....

I've never seen anybody deadlift while setting the weight down nicely...and, I've never seen anybody go balls out on a squat set without making a little noise.

Is this chain co-owned by NAMBLA and the AARP or something?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I go to a Planet Fitness, and the facility just changed from one that was a World's Gym to a brand new facility. All the equipment is new, which is cool, but the dumbells only go up to 80lbs. They have 80 cardio machines, but only 2 Flat benches and 1 incline bench. There is one squat rack and 2 smith machines. The decor is purple and yellow:sick: .

But the pussiest thing of all just defies any lasting shred belief that this is a place where muscle could possibly be built is the "Lunk Alarm". I am hoping it does not work, but it appears to be an actual alarm with a flashing light. Beneath the phrase "Lunk Alarm" is a definition: Lunk--Someone who grunts, bangs weights, etc.

OMG!! :eek: I Belong to a Planet fitness in CT. I feel your pain bro. The last time I went in there to train a client, we were looking for the deadlift platform. (witch I use regularly on myself and my clients) :rant: They removed the fucking thing! :frustrate

So sad. :sad:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OMG!! :eek: I Belong to a Planet fitness in CT. I feel your pain bro. The last time I went in there to train a client, we were looking for the deadlift platform. (witch I use regularly on myself and my clients) :rant: They removed the fucking thing! :frustrate

Did all world gyms get bought out by planet fitness? Back in ny the worlds just changed into a planet fitness.. I swear to god i always said the same thing, about it being the gayest gym ever.. It is seriously like going out to a dance club, or an MTV music video.. it is retarted..

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Dude that just sucks. WTF is up w/the grunt alarm? that's among the gayest things I've ever heard of. Whoever manages that gym does not understand the customers and the last time I checked, businesses must cater to their customers unless they are trying to get 140 pound teens who are convinced that it's all about the Nitro-Tech and Cell-Tech stack

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Dude that just sucks. WTF is up w/the grunt alarm? that's among the gayest things I've ever heard of. Whoever manages that gym does not understand the customers and the last time I checked, businesses must cater to their customers unless they are trying to get 140 pound teens who are convinced that it's all about the Nitro-Tech and Cell-Tech stack
That's who gyms are over-run with, unfortunately, so that's who they cater to.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I like my gym. It's the cheapest I've found in my city, for a single non-college male that is. It's mostly serious lifters in there. Not much chit-chat. DB's go way the **** above any weight I'm using on Bobo's program (he's making me lift girly weights).

There are the serial old nudists in the locker room though (but, whose gym doesn't have them).

But, there are no chicks at my gym, except like 3 or 4. It's a serious sausage fest. Nothing to look at.

Sorry to hear that bro, but buck-up, you've got a hella good deal. I'd probably sign up solely for that price.

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
damn...that gym sucks ass...you should try grunting and groaning real loud w/some 25lbs DB's to see if you can set the "Lunk Alarm" off.

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
My gym is colored with a medium purple and a teal. They recently added some neon light in the shape of lightening bolts and other things on the walls. Kind of lame really. Theycould have spent the extra money to purchase heavier dumbells and other equipment. The DB's at my gym go to 110. I belong to another (which I don't have to pay) they go to 120. My gym is pretty much a meat market at this time, but I got a very good deal. My first two years are free, with my wife added on even.

Now, my old gym was a hang and bang old school style. Their DB's went to 140 and equipment was all homemade. It was just that the restroom's were always broken, roof leaked when it rained, no air conditioning in the Summer (it gets 115 where I'm at), and a crappy heater in the corner.
oh, that makes homesick.

i remember the old 'world gym' on the ala wai. last time i was home. half of it was open air, geckos running about on the walls and ceiling, one treadmill, one stepper, lots of free weights and smelly, grunting people.

and one very abused heavy bag with miles of duct tape on it. :rolleyes:

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
Did all world gyms get bought out by planet fitness? Back in ny the worlds just changed into a planet fitness.. I swear to god i always said the same thing, about it being the gayest gym ever.. It is seriously like going out to a dance club, or an MTV music video.. it is retarted..
I belong to a World gym in Jersey - I hope they don't change over to the pussy concept of Planet Fitness.

Neon lightning bolts on the walls?!?!?!?! ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

xtdot

xtdot

Awards
Dude, that is sssssooooo pussy, I don't think that you can classify it as a gym, maybe a Rec Center, a Day Spa even but not a gym...........

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
my gym is a day spa. I am 6'0 208 lbs and easily the biggest and strongest guy in there. It's like a retirement home/day spa. And there arent' even hot girls there, sometimes milfs, but few and few between, just old balls. However, there are upsides, the squat rack is never used, so I don't have to wait. But the Dumbbells are these huge rubbery things that move in your hands when you lose your grip with heavy ones which really sucks.

Brock Landers

Awards
Where is this?

I like my gym. It's the cheapest I've found in my city, for a single non-college male that is. It's mostly serious lifters in there. Not much chit-chat. DB's go way the **** above any weight I'm using on Bobo's program (he's making me lift girly weights).

There are the serial old nudists in the locker room though (but, whose gym doesn't have them).

But- there are no chicks at my gym, except like 3 or 4. It's a serious sausage fest. Nothing to look at.

Sorry to hear that bro, but buck-up, you've got a hella good deal. I'd probably sign up solely for that price.

JMH where do you train? Porky's? I have a monthly at Body & Soul in the Gables, its ok. But I just moved to Brickell and my condo has perhaps the sickest Gym I have ever seen in a condo.

xtdot

xtdot

Awards
I go to Best Fitness use to be World. They have a few different locations and you can train at any of the locations, there's always something to look at be it 5 am or 10 pm.
"J563" will agree be we have mastered the art of scoping the entire facility without turning our necks........How you may ask? Mirrors my friends a whole sh*t load of mirrors.
Hey the equiptment is great also. The college gets out in a week (UMASS) and then we have to move the neck..................

knox

Awards
  • Established
I can't complain about my gym. I lift in a basment undersome tanning salon where nearly everyone there is pretty serious. And when we leave we get the pleasure of seeing some fine tail in the tanning salon. It is very old school. When you walk in there is chalk everywhere and several powerlifters going nuts. Not very many members so sometimes we'll get the entire gym to ourselves. You can see some of it in Nate Dawg's pics. But there is no air conditioner but a big fan and the ceiling leaks during rain showers. Last year i lifted at a Bally's. I f*cking hate that place. They always played some classical slow paced techno music and had around 8 large trainers standing around with their arms crossed ready to snap if someone grunts too lound or drops a weight. They were also good at making fun of people too. It was always really purple in there, and they had strobe lights in certain parts of the gym. I hate weights that are coated in rubber.

J563

Awards
I go to Best Fitness use to be World. They have a few different locations and you can train at any of the locations, there's always something to look at be it 5 am or 10 pm.
"J563" will agree be we have mastered the art of scoping the entire facility without turning our necks........How you may ask? Mirrors my friends a whole sh*t load of mirrors.
Hey the equiptment is great also. The college gets out in a week (UMASS) and then we have to move the neck..................
Will agree on the usefullness of the abundant mirrors. The one were I frequent most is infested with a group of about 40 members of a Anti-Ron Regan/Jesus Cult Pot Heads. It's like training in the middle of night of the walking dead w/ thes F%#$ers around.
No BS quite strange to see the way they all Follow this one central Leader..they all congregate around and watch him do Abs..then when done he stands up ,looks at them and points to a few shoo's them away, then points and shoo's again and again until they are all dispersed. If they did not overtake all the equipent on days you are planning to do that body part its not a problem, but when you are on their day forget about it.
Here is their website
http://www.lightoftheworld.com/

xtdot

xtdot

Awards
And this why I stay at the southern location in Mass.
Oh yah and please make a donation........lol B*tch please

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i've been to a few gyms in my area, and my gym DEFINITELY has the hottest girls ever, period. i love that!

i am there between 12pm and 4pm when i go, and it's empty. As long as it stays like that i'm fine with it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My gym is also a spa. It sucks badly..even, I daresay, to the point of pussydom. If someone isn't using the squat rack to do tai chi in (it has a mirror after all) then they are using it to do high repetition curls in. When I bulked up to 200 last winter, I was definitely the biggest and scariest(because the place puts me in a bad mood) thing there.

The freeweights are crammed into a tiny area and if there are more than 3 people there it creates real problems. Add all of the elderly clientelle that crank up the Bill O'Reilly show full blast and I have all the hateful energy I need to lift. I deaded over 600 once after being denied the rack for over 45 minutes by some douchebags. lol

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established

dude THAT SUCKS... i'd be pissed as hell lol

at my gym, i know 3 of the managers, there are too many "big" guys that workout there with the big compound work for them to move it

funny thing is, i've only seen two guys squatting and deadlifting more weight than me after going there for about 2 years... and im definitely not a big guy... at all... they all workout with big barbell and dumbell weights... no big leg movements.... a pity

the hot amateur bodybuilder chick there half-deads 315 for reps... impressive for a ~150lb 5'10ish chick (def a lower bodyfat than me too)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I feel for some of you. The Powerhouse gym I go to is hooked up. It's just a warehouse full of equipment. I never have a shortage of things I can do. Downside is the membership is 30 a month. Anyone else here pay more than that?

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My gym isn't as bad as yours. It has dumbbells up to 150 lbs but has all the wimps there. Its a spa with weights to appease the serious lifters. I was loading up 365 lbs on the squat rack. I had my belt on tight and was pumped to kick its ass. When a frail guy went up to me and was telling me how squats ruin my back and knees, while I was walking straight towards the rack, ready to go. Killed my whole momentum. It ended with me telling him to mind his own business. I still got all 5 reps but who knows how many more I could have done without the mini-lecture...

The main attraction of my gym is a deal with the tanning salon subsidiary and their Subway sandwiches.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I feel for some of you. The Powerhouse gym I go to is hooked up. It's just a warehouse full of equipment. I never have a shortage of things I can do. Downside is the membership is 30 a month. Anyone else here pay more than that?
I'm paying $30 a month now as well, but hell I was paying $45 a month at my last gym about 5 years ago. That's what happens when there isn't any other competition around.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I love and hate my gym. I go to a Y in SAV GA. It has some pretty nice free weights and some pretty serious lifters. It also has more old balls hanging out in the locker room than a 19th century marbles set. If walking between the sauna and steam room counted as an olympic sport, I can tell u where our nations hotbed for talent will be.

Our music section WILL STAY between easy listening and balance out with some soft rock!

Had to vent-- I do love the Y!!!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
My gym isn't as bad as yours. It has dumbbells up to 150 lbs but has all the wimps there. Its a spa with weights to appease the serious lifters. I was loading up 365 lbs on the squat rack. I had my belt on tight and was pumped to kick its ass. When a frail guy went up to me and was telling me how squats ruin my back and knees, while I was walking straight towards the rack, ready to go. Killed my whole momentum. It ended with me telling him to mind his own business. I still got all 5 reps but who knows how many more I could have done without the mini-lecture...

The main attraction of my gym is a deal with the tanning salon subsidiary and their Subway sandwiches.
Wear headphones. People leave you alone if you wear headphones. Plus it drowns out the techno music or classical music (they were playing it today for some reason) they happen to be playing.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
sounds pretty weak guy. i PT at a trump apartment gym, and aside from dumbells ranging from 2lb-15lbs, and two other pairs at 50lbs, everything else are life fitness/cybex machines, and cardio. Obviously dont lift there myself... that must be tough bro
Sage

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wear headphones. People leave you alone if you wear headphones. Plus it drowns out the techno music or classical music (they were playing it today for some reason) they happen to be playing.
Someday I'll break down and get an MP3 player. That guy pisses me off more and more the more I think about him. My gym plays a lot of pop music but thats a problem with my local radio stations. There's one rock station but there's 4-5 minutes of commercials, then play two songs. Rinse and repeat. Sad. Well, maybe during the summer.

There's no deadlift platform either so I got to use the ground. Got lectured once about it but got the guy to get off of my back after asking him where I could deadlift. He agreed with me that there should be something but they want an "image" to uphold. What that image was is something I was never able to figure out. You'd think it would be people lifting heavy weights to show that their gym works but whatever.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could get $30 a month at a decent gym. Around here, I'm at the cheapest for a non-student, $38 with tax and only a $25 fee. Others are over $45 with huge signing fees. No large 24 hr. places either. That pisses me off.

Where my mom lives, it's even worse. The cheapest I could find is about the same I'm paying, but a 5 year contract. (I was looking into buying her a membership for Xmas.)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'd kill to pay that a month man. Here I have to fork out $62 bucks a month to work out in an inferior gym full of oldies. It's a small resort town and I have no alternatives other than driving 40 minutes to the next town to workout at another lack luster gym.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
I pay $53 a month for both the wife and I. No contract and you can "freeze" your account at any time with no penalty. But only weights and cardio equipment.

Contrast that with the local ultra-swanky spa and health club.

For a mere $80 you get a TRIAL two week membership for your lonesome self.

Weights are inadequate and there is a pool and other sport stuff. It's basically older guys and their hausfrau wives.

SeaHawk22

Awards

There is one other thing you forgot to mention, or dont know. I too belonged to that vagina gym and I was told I could not carry a gallon of water in the gym, unfuckingbelievable. I feel your pain man. I left and joined Golds.

Good luck to you. Oh one other thing the smith machine says 400 pound max on it.

Planet Fitness :rasp:

SeaHawk22 :)

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Before I read about your Planet Fitness, I thought Golds was just about the wussiest mainstream/chain gym around. They (Golds) just opened a giant facility here; 3 floors, a cardio room like a football arena, plasma screens all over the place... but I swear, my estrogen went up just from visiting this place.

This is huge place - with 2 flat benches!!!! About 1000 exer-cycles dealies, but 2 benches!! And 1 Smith and 2 racks...what the crud? LOL I joined a local owned gym. It ain't like 'Clubber Lang' hardcore or nothing, but it beats the crud out of these 'pretty' places...

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
There is one other thing you forgot to mention, or dont know. I too belonged to that vagina gym and I was told I could not carry a gallon of water in the gym, unfuckingbelievable. I feel your pain man. I left and joined Golds.

Good luck to you. Oh one other thing the smith machine says 400 pound max on it.

Planet Fitness :rasp:

SeaHawk22 :)
The fucking gym manager told me I can't take a 1.5L bottle with crystal light, BCAAs and Cit. malate on the gym floor. Unfuckingbelievable is right. My lovely lady and I will be visiting the local Gold's tomorrow.

This is huge place - with 2 flat benches!!!! About 1000 exer-cycles dealies, but 2 benches!! And 1 Smith and 2 racks...what the crud?
My gym has 3 flat benches, 1 incline, 1 squat rack and 2 smith machines. Sorry to hear yours also reeked of estrogen (in a bad way ;) )

The Gold's near me is actually pretty hardcore.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Which Gold's is this? The best ones are in Somerville, Woburn, and Everett.. ;)

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Braintree

They have tons of benches, DBs up to 130, plenty of squat racks, and a bunch of monsters who lift serious weight. At least that is how it was. I hope it didn't get a makeover since I was last there last year.