• RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i literall just trimmed off 3+inches yesterday... i feel so naked

AllTheGainz

Awards
i literall just trimmed off 3+inches yesterday... i feel so naked
I hate that haha I have to keep mine kinda short cause its not super full yet and i feel like I lose 5 years every time I trim it. Feel like I'm 2 when I shave lol

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Here!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A proud member since like 95 or so.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
about 2 years now.

AllTheGainz

Awards
Nice! What made you all want to grow one?

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I look like a bitch without one. With one..bad..ass. :D

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hahaha xD. Speaking of beards, the beard oil from dollar shave club is on point. Smells like adventure and freedom.
Have I been duped into a dollar shave club commercial? You're the same dude who is behind TheMaster aren't you?

AllTheGainz

Awards
Have I been duped into a dollar shave club commercial? You're the same dude who is behind TheMaster aren't you?
No sadly, my beard probably isn't as nice as his. But smelling freedom, and adventure is amazing. I feel like a city lumberjack

AllTheGainz

Awards
Meant to say Dollar Beard club haha oopse. Been arguing with my friends if beard club or shave club is better.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Meant to say Dollar Beard club haha oopse. Been arguing with my friends if beard club or shave club is better.
Neither. If you're looking to save money and want a better shave, invest in a good safety razor.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Haha what a topic, right on time! Cut it after 13years and I feel so naked. Needless to say Im growing it back the first day I cut it

AllTheGainz

Awards
Haha what a topic, right on time! Cut it after 13years and I feel so naked. Needless to say Im growing it back the first day I cut it
Haha I don't think I'll ever fully shave for that reason.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate that haha I have to keep mine kinda short cause its not super full yet and i feel like I lose 5 years every time I trim it. Feel like I'm 2 when I shave lol
and when your fifty you'll wish you could lose the 5 years. I guess if I was a kid trying to look "grown up" I would but as a middle aged man as soon as I grow a weeks worth of facial hair it ages me far too much. Even the goatee isn't cool anymore.

I never understand why a young looking guy wants to look old. One day you'll wish you could just shave off 10 years - at least I do :)

oh, and the kids who have patchy peach fuzz that grow beards - that's called a vagina :D

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Peachy blotchy vagina face here, if I try to grow it out :(

AllTheGainz

Awards
and when your fifty you'll wish you could lose the 5 years. I guess if I was a kid trying to look "grown up" I would but as a middle aged man as soon as I grow a weeks worth of facial hair it ages me far too much. Even the goatee isn't cool anymore.

I never understand why a young looking guy wants to look old. One day you'll wish you could just shave off 10 years - at least I do :)

oh, and the kids who have patchy peach fuzz that grow beards - that's called a vagina :D
Hahaha that last part killed me. And here's the simple reason. When your 50 you're experienced in pretty much everything in life. Sex, relationships, jobs, friendships etc. when you're still in college you realize you don't know **** all mate. You want to look like you know everything tho so you want to look older, wiser. For me I liked being offered jobs at bars even tho I was underage, I liked being able to flirt with girls who were higher up on the socio-economic ladder. It's all perspective.

Mine isn't filled in either but it's not like awful either. Don't feel bad about it, give it time.

AllTheGainz

Awards
My favourite saying ever:
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Just like your muscles won't sporadically make you go from shrimp to king of the gym, your beard won't go from patchy to godly overnight. It takes time.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahaha that last part killed me. And here's the simple reason. When your 50 you're experienced in pretty much everything in life. Sex, relationships, jobs, friendships etc. when you're still in college you realize you don't know **** all mate. You want to look like you know everything tho so you want to look older, wiser. For me I liked being offered jobs at bars even tho I was underage, I liked being able to flirt with girls who were higher up on the socio-economic ladder. It's all perspective.
I agree with your "experience" assessment but it inherently leaves me feeling I'm living in a world of bearded boys ;)
2ce1607f04958f029670be6442cdf25feea08ebe_r.jpg

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Same.

Beard guys, is there anything I can do to get more growth in the bald/thin spots? My dad can grow a beard and I'm pretty sure every guy in the family is able to. I'm 20. I only use an electric trimmer these days cause I'm lazy.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I love how me having a beard is seen as me trying to act grown up, maybd I just look good with one?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same.

Beard guys, is there anything I can do to get more growth in the bald/thin spots? My dad can grow a beard and I'm pretty sure every guy in the family is able to. I'm 20. I only use an electric trimmer these days cause I'm lazy.
Just give it time. I could grow a beard at 20 but my brother couldn't until post 30.

Edit: Unless you're Indian. Then you might be screwed.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just give it time. I could grow a beard at 20 but my brother couldn't until post 30.

Edit: Unless you're Indian. Then you might be screwed.
Not Indian, but I am from Oklahoma lol

I also used to have pretty bad acne that left some scarring I forgot to mention, I'm assuming that may not allow any hair to grow in those areas?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established

I also used to have pretty bad acne that left some scarring I forgot to mention, I'm assuming that may not allow any hair to grow in those areas?
Yes, it may not. It needs time, as guys here said. But you know the paradox with beard is the more you fully shave the stonger the hair become

AllTheGainz

Awards
Same.

Time, time, and more time. Also don't pull any hairs out or pull on any of your beard hairs as this may damage the follicle below (or would that be above?) which means your body has to spend more time reparing the damage before I can even start to grow hair back.

I had bad acne as well (currently on accutane) and I'm noticing it won't grow in where I have bad scaring. I do notice there are still little peach fuzz hairs there so I assume that it will eventually fill in. If not then maybe just grow your beard long enough to cover up the bad spots (that's what I do).

AllTheGainz

Awards
I love how me having a beard is seen as me trying to act grown up, maybd I just look good with one?
I've talked to a few girls recently after I started to grow mine out (even if it's patchy af) and this is a condensed version of what they told me.
1. If you aren't a 9 or 10 then grow a beard, you'll probably look better with it.
2. Make sure your beard is well kept.
3. Don't grow just a mustache, you'll look creepy.
4. Grow a beard, you'll look older.

So by using that logic one can assume that roughly 80% of all men will look better with a beard.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
It depends on woman. But a general rule that applies is that growing a beard and facial hair in general, makes you seem like a street guy. A badass. Specially for baby face guys. If you act like one or even better be like one(a gentle badass, not an arrogant scumbag) its a good reciepe for success(paired with some decent muscle).

Woman will marry the good guy and cheat him with the bad guy.

That is what I have concluded over years.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I've talked to a few girls recently after I started to grow mine out (even if it's patchy af) and this is a condensed version of what they told me.
1. If you aren't a 9 or 10 then grow a beard, you'll probably look better with it.

So by using that logic one can assume that roughly 80% of all men will look better with a beard.
Exactly. I have that ugly ass face syndrome. The beard helps.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Maybe even onions bro..:D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It depends on woman. But a general rule that applies is that growing a beard and facial hair in general, makes you seem like a street guy. A badass. Specially for baby face guys. If you act like one or even better be like one(a gentle badass, not an arrogant scumbag) its a good reciepe for success(paired with some decent muscle).

Woman will marry the good guy and cheat him with the bad guy.

That is what I have concluded over years.

this sounds like 21st century Pussey Whipped. You've given me a new insight to the unkempt and disheveled homeless looking males of our society today. It's because the Pussey told them to. :D

God I miss the 80's! Men were men and Pussey did what it was told. ;)

AllTheGainz

Awards
this sounds like 21st century Pussey Whipped. You've given me a new insight to the unkempt and disheveled homeless looking males of our society today. It's because the Pussey told them to. :D

God I miss the 80's! Men were men and Pussey did what it was told. ;)
Haha I'm not saying you have to do it I'm just stating what I've been told. If a girl tells me to shave my bead she can **** off. No way in hell in letting a woman tell me what to do with my life. But some guys want to do whatever it takes to bring a girl home.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're absolutely right. Most men today let women tell them how to dress and how to groom and how to smell. They've been demasculated.

AllTheGainz

Awards
You're absolutely right. Most men today let women tell them how to dress and how to groom and how to smell. They've been demasculated.
Might as well get their balls cut off if she controls you that much.

AllTheGainz

Awards
So this is sort of an update, I've been using the dollar beard club for a month now. I was super skeptical at first, I mean 'growth oil'? Tf is that? Anyway, been using the oils for a month and I have to say it's made a massive difference for my beard. Not only is it smoother, less scratchy, and fuller with more color, I'm actually starting to notice more of it. I'm not saying the oil magically makes beard hair grow, but I'm noticing my head is getting thicker and more lively. The oil also gives it a nice shine and it smells like adventure and freedom. Well worth the $5 a month.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do they have cream over oil? Lol

Been looking for some decent beard accessories at a fair price. $5 is a steal. Wonder about the quality.

AllTheGainz

Awards
Do they have cream over oil? Lol

Been looking for some decent beard accessories at a fair price. $5 is a steal. Wonder about the quality.
They have beard cream as well, think it's like 4 or 5 bucks a month not including shipping. I don't really have a beard so the cream wouldn't do me any good but yeah they have it. I'd say it's good quality as well, I haven't had any reaction to it and every ingredient is on the label

Edit: Just looked, they have 2 balms, a cream, and a wax. $7-8 a month. Wax is 6.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I used this and was pushing decent volume for them as an affiliate when they first launched. Good stuff but their oil smelt odd imo

AllTheGainz

Awards
I used this and was pushing decent volume for them as an affiliate when they first launched. Good stuff but their oil smelt odd imo
The growth oil kinda does, so I just mak it with the beard oil which smells like fir or pine needles. Gonna try the sandalwood oil next month