Allergist

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys and gals

I have had eczema my entire life and for the most part I have kept it at bay with lotions and moisturizers. Over the past year it has gotten pretty bad in which I saw a dermatologist who has now prescribed me a steroidal based cream to reduce the inflammation. That has work relatively ok.

What has been happening that has never happened before, is that my eczema is starting to spread in patches up and down my arms and legs. I asked my dermatologist if this can be connected to some sort of food based allergy, and he said its possible and recommend I go see an allergist for blood work.

Just curious if anyone here has seen an allergist for blood work, and if it has been successful with helping whatever your condition was?

Sadly I have grown weary of going to doctors and using up my insurance on doctor visits that end up leading to no where.

How accurate are blood tests for food allergies and drug allergies (caffeine)?

Thanks
-Dan-

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I personally haven't but there are a lot of people that have had allergy test done and figure out what is causing the trouble!...Have you tried coconut on any? If it's not food allergy, it may help with the eczema.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I personally haven't but there are a lot of people that have had allergy test done and figure out what is causing the trouble!...Have you tried coconut on any? If it's not food allergy, it may help with the eczema.
Thanks for chiming in Kat! I have used coconut in the past, and it has helped with keeping my skin smooth and moist, but doesn't seem to help with these patches.

The steroidal cream actually helps with reducing the patches, but I'm more concerned with the fact that they are spreading and I'd like to figure out why.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
Immune response to external pathogen source, as a general rule. Food allergies are a big one, as are household & industrial chemicals, environmental pollution, overloaded or defective detox channels.

What changed a year ago? Anything you can pinpoint? Switched preworkout? Used any topical supps with petrochemical bases? Started eating a different cereal? New job? Deodorant? Ride to work through morning traffic? Have a vaccination?

Cycling products - any rise in cortisol post cycle apparent?

Start with wheat & any GMO crop foods, like corn & soy. The glyphosate sprayed on gmo crops is now showing to be extremely detrimental to health, affecting numerous body systems including immune. The modified DNA component is also proving itself to be deleterious to us & repeated ingestion is causing a cumulative negative effect on our health & may be affecting our dna.

How's your gut health? Any sign of fungus also? Eliminate refined sugar as much as possible, consume apple cider vinegar to improve gut symbiosis, lemon juice for added alkalinity & kidney health. Coconut oil applied externally & consumed is also a very sound suggestion.

Steroidal creams work in the short term, but mask the underlying issue.
I would highly recommend you start with a food elimination diet, keep a diary recording daily skin condition so you can keep track of reactions to food & environment etc. Lastly, find a naturopath as conventional practitioners will not look at the whole picture and there may be a number of contributing factors that are effectively combining to cause systemic overload.

Cumulative toxicity is rife in modern society, in developed countries especially. The amount of chemical exposure is simply frightening, and we're told it's all tested as being safe - just not known long term or in combination with other factors/chemicals/compounds etc.

Markus ATW

Awards
Try avoiding/eliminating these 7 foods for 21 days.
Soy/sugars-sweeteners/diary/corn/peanuts/gluten/eggs.
Theory is we are acclimated to these foods and have a built in tolerance.
Avoiding these foods will let you know what you might be allergic to.
After 21 days you are to add one food at a time in heavy doses to find the culprit.
Usually after a day or two the food you crave is the culprit. This info is from JJ Virgin it personally helped me lose weight and helped severely with asthma and sinus issues. This is a great personal allergy test.