Bad luck or no luck? - AnabolicMinds.com

Bad luck or no luck?

1. New Member

Bad luck or no luck?

I wonder i think I prefer no luck at all........LOL

I was out tonight riding my bike tonight this past weekend I covered 30 miles saturday and sunday....So tonight i thought ok, 10 miles thats a even 40 right?>???? Simple...

I am a mere 1 or 2 miles from my house and whamo.....Some little old lady ( like from ferris beuller) comes along and HITS my fat ass off my bike.....she was that close that her mirror must have caught my handle bars.......Than on top of it...4 cars passed before one made sure i was alright....thankfully i was going slow enough.........and I am fine.......and thanfully i have some padding ( my right ass cheek is going to be bruised)...youchie..........

So i vote no luck

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

the old lady didn't stop?
  3. Board Supporter

old people shouldnt be able to drive cars. if they dont let a kid drive at 11, i dont see why they should let an 81 year old drive. it takes them 10 minutes to get off a chair; so how long do you think it takes them to react on the road??? they should have a bus pass stapled to their monthly pension cheque.

atleast youre not hurt too bad WG
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by t_dot_porkchop
    old people shouldnt be able to drive cars. if they dont let a kid drive at 11, i dont see why they should let an 81 year old drive. it takes them 10 minutes to get off a chair; so how long do you think it takes them to react on the road??? they should have a bus pass stapled to their monthly pension cheque.

atleast youre not hurt too bad WG
    ever see that south park episode where they took away the old people's licenses.
  5. Registered User

I hope you got the woman's plate.

I think this is a serious issue that needs a lot more attention. A friend of mine was hit by an old guy who was going 40mph while she was stopped, waiting to take a left turn. She is 23y/o and crippled for life. On St. Patrick's Day an elderly man bewilderedly drove into a crowd of people watching the parade on the South Shore of Massachusetts. He injured several people, including children. And now WranglerGirl, who has more to deal with than any human being ever should, gets hit by a senile old woman who probably didn't even notice she hit you.

I'm glad to hear that you seem to be alright. You're a tough one.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    ever see that south park episode where they took away the old people's licenses.
    Maybe if we shut down the Kuntry Kitchen's they'll just die off!!
  7. Pityin' fools since '81

take away licenses and watch the army that is the AARP mobilize. the state of florida would lose 80% of it's residents when they leave to protest...
  8. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

Maybe just in WG's city then

Sorry that happened WG, that isnt cool at all. I've never been mauled by an old person before, hope it never happens. Then again, you won't catch me on a bike unless its a dirt bike and I'm flying up in the woods with it... I dunno how much forest area you guys have up there; but down here we have TONS.

Glad you're ok
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I'm starting to think you need to move...maybe that part of the world hates you or something

Maybe try the other coast...see if it likes you better

I'm glad to hear you're okay though WG. And, I concur with the "old people shouldn't have licenses statement". Once they hit 60, they should get tested yearly at the minimum. Screw the AARP........
  10. New Member

I am thinking maybe this coast dosent like me.....LOL Well only a few more months, than I am off to New york anyway........Just have to wait for surgery

No i did not get the lic plate i was to mad, and annoyed.......than when I did get up and I tried to catch her, i had a laughing attack of being hit by a little blue haired lady.........my friends are still having fun with that these days
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I'm sorry.

This hits close to home (no pun intended). My 83 year old Alzheimer affected grandmother STILL has her liscense. My mom and I have fought for years to get it taken away. Her last doctor did take it away. But my grandmother (stubborn as they come) just went to another doc, bitched and moaned, and got it back.

She once went to a docs. appointment by herself (my grandfathe was off doing someting else). When trying to leave, she got lost in a multi-level parking garage for about 40 mins. or so. Apparently, she finally realized she could follow someone else out. She's even forgotten how to get home before! Yet, she can still drive! How ****ed up is that?

I'm in full agreement that everyone over age 60 should have mandatory yearly driving tests.
  12. Senior Member

Seems as if you have the type of luck as I have. If I didn't have bad luck, then I'd have no luck at all.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Well I'm glad you're okay, that could have been real ugly. I used to ride my bike to school in high school but it just felt kinda dangerous. Only had one accident where a moron honked at me for the hell of it, I freaked out and got a bad scrape on my left leg when I slid to the side.
  14. New Member

sorry to hear... old drivers suck
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

omg i hate it when old people go SO SLOW!
    i have the worst road rage, and anyone that drives like a retard should have their license taken away. i don't drive too fast or weave or anything, i just go--like everyone should. if everyone just went where they were going without being stupid then we can eliminate 90% of traffic.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Talk about no luck
    By wranglergirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 09:44 PM
  2. Yolks or no yolks...
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 01:08 AM
  3. 1,4 Andro - Transdermal or No?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics