Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
everywhere I look I see trash.
I drive down the road and see idiots throwing bags of fast food trash out the window.
parking lots, roadways and streets are full of trash.

I sent a e-mail to both mcdonalds and Walmart asking them to start a nationwide anti-littering campaign similar to the old iron eyes cody commercial. at least let people be aware that littering is bad...apparently there are those that are unaware that littering is a bad thing.

what really pisses me off is to see a vehicle with a proud to be American sticker throw trash out the window.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haye seeing anyone throw trash out the window, cigarette butts included.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does anyone have a free hand to throw trash out the window?

Most have e-cig in one hand, texting/browsing FB with other.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I like the you tube vids where the bikers spot people throwing trash out the window. They pick up the trash drive next to them and chuck it back in their car lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this country is where we live, work, play and raise our families....it is time we take pride in our country and stop turning it into a garbage heap!!!

in the 70's there was a keep America beautiful campaign featuring iron eyes cody as a crying indian looking at all the trash and litter...my wife is always telling me there is nothing I can do about it...

well I decided to petition the major corporations to sponsor ad's similar to the one from the 70's and see if maybe we can clean up our country and make it AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL once again...at least I feel good about trying to do something about a thing that has become a thorn in my backside!!!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've in favor of people losing their license if caught littering out of their car. I feel like littering has gotten better in the past few decades, but we can always do more.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this country is where we live, work, play and raise our families....it is time we take pride in our country and stop turning it into a garbage heap!!!

in the 70's there was a keep America beautiful campaign featuring iron eyes cody as a crying indian looking at all the trash and litter...my wife is always telling me there is nothing I can do about it...

well I decided to petition the major corporations to sponsor ad's similar to the one from the 70's and see if maybe we can clean up our country and make it AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL once again...at least I feel good about trying to do something about a thing that has become a thorn in my backside!!!

I am surprised at the litter I see on the streets, sidewallk today as well. I am a kid from that Keep America Beautiful era and we were indoctrinated in school not to litter. Result is today I absolutely cannot litter. I will stuff paper remnants in my pockets until finding a waste can.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am surprised at the litter I see on the streets, sidewallk today as well. I am a kid from that Keep America Beautiful era and we were indoctrinated in school not to litter. Result is today I absolutely cannot litter. I will stuff paper remnants in my pockets until finding a waste can.
I wonder how bad it has to get before people recognize it as a problem?

it is too bad that may of us from that era don't make more of a stand against the littering trend....littering has become so mainstream that many from our generation adopt the attitude of if you can't beat them join them, and are just as bad of offenders as the young people!!!

how can someone say they are patriotic and love this country then throw a bag of fast food trash out the window?