JIU JITSU UPDATE - AnabolicMinds.com

JIU JITSU UPDATE

1. New Member
    Answers

DESIGNER JIU JITSU UPDATE

Just to give you guys an update here at AM. I went to the doctors yesterday and the injury that I sustained last month at a tournament is not healing as fast as they thought that it was going too. So I will be down for another month or so, so the tournament in Atlanta is out for me at the moment. If any of my other guys go I will be sure to post the results and Pics. So for now I am going to focus my attention on other parts of my training until I am healthy enough to get back on the mat. Once I do get back on the mat I will be training for the NAGA Pro Ams in Florida coming up on June 11th. If anyone knows anything about NAGA tournaments, they are huge, usually around 1500 competitors. Very well organized tournaments. I went to one in Jersey City last month and took second in Gi. Very interesting story on how I took second, if anyone is interested let me know I will gladly share with you. That is the latest from us down here in NC. Twin Peaks- If you have that ActiveTe stack ready, now would be a great time for me to try it for you. my focus of training will be lifting and muscle conditioning until my bum foot heals.

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

Really, can you link me up to the tournament info, I live in the Orlando area, so I might be able to go to that one in June.
  3. New Member
    Answers

you can go to the website at nagafighter.com. The tournament is in Coral Springs.
    •   

4. New Member
    Answers

If anybody likes to look at woman in thongs, feel free to check out this website. www.djbigsteve.com this guy has the best pics that I have found. Let me know what you think.
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

elgallotapout, have you ever competed out here in the west coast? Or have any plans to do so? Let me know if you ever do, it would be a blast to train with you and your team. I train at the Gracie academy in Torrance, but we also have another small team of our own, non affiliated. Take care and I hope your injury heals soon!
  6. New Member
    Answers

Snachito- I have not yet competed on the West coast as of yet..I have trained at the Gracie Academy in Torrance though. I did the week long GRAPPLE course there twice, once in 2003 and then again in 2004. My job paid for it, so I went as much as possible. Depending on how things go this year, I may try and go to the Pan Ams next year. We will see.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

My job paid for it,
    How did you swing that?
  8. New Member
    Answers

I just put a request in and it got approved, twice..
  9. New Member
    Answers

Let's hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by elgallotapout
    Just to give you guys an update here at AM. I went to the doctors yesterday and the injury that I sustained last month at a tournament is not healing as fast as they thought that it was going too. So I will be down for another month or so, so the tournament in Atlanta is out for me at the moment. If any of my other guys go I will be sure to post the results and Pics. So for now I am going to focus my attention on other parts of my training until I am healthy enough to get back on the mat. Once I do get back on the mat I will be training for the NAGA Pro Ams in Florida coming up on June 11th. If anyone knows anything about NAGA tournaments, they are huge, usually around 1500 competitors. Very well organized tournaments. I went to one in Jersey City last month and took second in Gi. Very interesting story on how I took second, if anyone is interested let me know I will gladly share with you. That is the latest from us down here in NC. Twin Peaks- If you have that ActiveTe stack ready, now would be a great time for me to try it for you. my focus of training will be lifting and muscle conditioning until my bum foot heals.
    elgallotapout,

Welcome to the board!! I train in Atlanta with Paul Creighton (he's a brown belt under Renzo). I'm also recovering from an injury (torn groin muslces). Let's hear that story about your experience in the tournament. Congratulations on your finish. I'm sure you had first place in mind but DAMN! Second place in a tournament of that size is awesome. I'm planning to attend the tourney in Atlanta. I know you can't compete, but will you be making the trip? Best wishes for speedy healing, too.

Cheers!
  10. New Member
    Answers

Alright, here is what happend at the NAGA. It was the match for first and second, we started in the stand up and I caught this guy in a fancy cross choke(one that usually only works in class)and I had it sunk pretty deep, so I decided to jump guard. after I jumped guard I held the choke for about another 10 seconds and it felt to me like he was asleep, so I told the ref that I thought that the guy was asleep. so the ref came down and told me to release the choke a little, when I let up on the choke the guy actually came to and pushed his way out of the choke. and then later he ended up passing my guard and I lost 2 to 0. I talked to the guy after and he told me that he was out and that he just remembers waking up in my guard and decided to push his way out of the choke. So technically I won but since he wasnt out when the ref checked him, he won. which is fine because after the choke it was a very good match and if he survived that choke, went to sleep, woke up and continued, he deserved it just as much as me.
  11. New Member
    Answers

Whoa!

That's a great story!

I've never seen someone recover that quickly from being choked out, but I've seen plenty of "tap debates" where a guy tapped (or didn't) and the guy thinks he's won by tapout and lets go of the hold only to find that the match is still "on".

Kinda like the UFC over the weekend where Matt Hughes stopped and turned his back after he got a knee in the nads. Almost cost him the fight because the ref didn't catch it.

Human error.... what can you do?

Cheers!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    By dualmass in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 11:01 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 01:45 PM
  3. MMA/Jiu-Jitsu
    By swank in forum MMA