Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Police Officer Setting Firework Off on Top of His Head

Police: Man Dead After Setting Firework Off on Top of His Head | NECN

Police say a 22-year-old Maine man was killed after setting a fireworks mortar tube off on top of his head on the Fourth of July.
State police say Devon Staples of Calais was killed in what they described as a "bizarre" accident around 10 p.m. Saturday while drinking with friends and setting off fireworks at one of their homes on South Street.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The title makes it seem like a police officer is the one who died doing this.

But yeah that sucks for sure. who does that though? It's never even remotely crossed my mind to set a firework off the top of my head. I barely mess with sprinklers. Granted I live in California and it's illegal in my county. I know a lot of other parts around the country allow all sorts of fireworks.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
man what kind of friend would let his buddy do that!!!

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
From what I read his friends urged him not to do it but he did it anyway. This is why fireworks shouldn't be legal. It's mostly drunks using them. I wish they weren't legal here.
absolutly crazy man it is sad to see Independence Day not be celebrated for it's true meaning really should be renamed to fireworks day

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
absolutly crazy man it is sad to see Independence Day not be celebrated for it's true meaning really should be renamed to fireworks day
Yeah and most of these people have absolutely no regard for anyone else around them or whether or not they can start a fire or not. I'm sure some are being safe, but most are not.

I feel sorry for this kids family. It's sad but it could have been prevented. Saw an update on the news yesterday that he actually lit it upside down, so instead of it going up towards the sky, it was actually rocketed back down on his head.

bobsaget2191

bobsaget2191

Awards
[QUOT E=T-Bone;5000683]Yeah and most of these people have absolutely no regard for anyone else around them or whether or not they can start a fire or not. I'm sure some are being safe, but most are not.

I feel sorry for this kids family. It's sad but it could have been prevented. Saw an update on the news yesterday that he actually lit it upside down, so instead of it going up towards the sky, it was actually rocketed back down on his head.[/QUOTE]

speechless man that's what scares the chit out of me when it comes to my kids cause no one thinks about how outcomes of stupidity can effects others life's dramatically

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is a former Disney employee. He played Gaston in the meet and greets in Disney World. Was on youtube in character several times.

Sorry....major disney geek

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
From what I read his friends urged him not to do it but he did it anyway. This is why fireworks shouldn't be legal. It's mostly drunks using them. I wish they weren't legal here.
From the sound of it, it seems more like alcohol shouldn't be legal. :)