okay i need newer songs for my workout cd

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Could you please post your favorite pre-workout songs? I like hard rock/rap before working out. Preferably newer songs but it doesn't have to be if its a really good one. Thanks guys ;).

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Bump to this, I need new stuff too!

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
a friend of mine came back from the marines boot camp, he said that they played the jay-z, linkin park cd (it's kind of old though)
this song is good though: nelly-heart of a champion

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
The new SOAD song - BYOB.. I LOVE IT.....

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Argyle Park - Violent, Scarred for Life
Celldweller - give a few songs a try
Skinny Puppy - DDT (Rodent Mix)
Rammstein - Engel, Links 2-3-4
Henry Rollins - Get some, Go again

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Don't know what bands you like but here are some that are on my MP3 player right now.

Powerman 5000, Free
Powerman 5000, When Worlds Collide
Breaking Benjamin, Away
Breaking Benjamin, Believe
Candiria, Remove Yourself,
Candiria, Down
Crossfade, No Giving Up
Papa Roach, Blanket of Fear
Papa Roach, Take Me
Alter Bridge, One Day Remains
Alter Bridge, The End Is Here
Shinedown, Better Version (love this one for workouts)

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Those are some good one oldfart lol.

Slipknot-before I forget
Slipknot-duality
Slipknot-left behind
Metallica-creeping death
Metallica-Blackened
Metallica-Damage Inc
Metallica-The four horsemen
Skid Row- Youth gone wild
Mudvayne-Not falling
Mudvayne-Dig
Linkin Park-Paper cut
Linkin Park-Dont Stay
Offspring-Deny You
Papa Roach-Never enough
Papa Roach-Obsession
Papa Roach-getting away with murder
Rammstein-Feuer Frei
Seether-Gasoline
Seether-Outta My way
Spineshank-new disease
Spineshank-Synthetic(really good when you are on cycle:) )
Lil Jon/Trick Daddy-Lets go
Korn-Thoughtless
Guns n roses-you could be mine
Dope-now or never
Dope-debonnaire
Deadsy-key to gramercy park
Cold-just got wicked
Chevelle-Closure
Chevelle-vitamin r
Chevelle-the red
Billy Idol-scream
Adema-freaking out
Adema-close friends
Adema-the way you like it
Metallica-ride the lightning
Metallica-sanitarium
Nirvana-smells like teen spirit
Taproot-poem to myself
Marvin Gaye-feel like making love lol

There arent that many new songs that really get me going, I like alot of the old school metallica, and some of the rock from the past few years.

djl7780

Awards
Tool
a perfect Circle
Metallica
rage against the machine

size

Awards
  • Established
Classical for me, as i find it powerful and energizing Mozart is good.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Tool - Eulogy
Tool - Ænema (the whole Ænema album tbh - check it out)
Tool - Sweat
Tool - Stinkfist
Tool - Part of Me
Tool - Intolerance (See where this is going)
Tool - Swamp Song
Tool - Stinkfist
Tool - 4 Degrees

OK ill stop, but they are my favorite band :hammer: Watch out for the 80's Metal though!!!!!

Metallica - Whereever I May Roam
Metallica - Sad But True
Metallica - Eye of the Beholder
Metallica - Harvester of Sorrow
Metallica - Battery
Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Metallica - Leper Messaiah
Metallica - Fade to Black
Megadeth - Trust
Megadeth - Architecture of Aggression
Megadeth - Holy Wars.. The Punishment Due
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Motorhead - Hellraiser (Ozzy's is good, not as good as Lemmy)
Motorhead - Bite the Bullet
Motorhead - Born to Raise Hell
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Motorhead - The Game (I think its from a wrestler)
Motley Crue - Wild Side
Motley Crue - Looks That Kill
Ozzy - too many to list
Primus - My name is Mud (bassline gets me juiced)
Alice in Chains - Man in the Box
Alice in Chains - Bleed the Freak
Alice in Chains - Would
Alice in Chains - Angry Chair
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Alice in Chains - Down in a Hole
RATM (Rage Against the Machine) - Bulls on Parade
RATM - Freedom
RATM - Know Your Enemy
RATM - Killing in the Name of
RATM - Bullet in Your Head
Black Sabbath - Iron Man

_____________________ Rap ________________________
Cam'ron - Killa Cam
Cam - Down and Out
Cam - More Gangsta Music
Cam - Leave Me Alone pt. 2
Diplomats - Dipset Back
Jim Jones - Get Crunk Music
Method and RZA - Mr. Sandman
Mobb Deep - Quiet Storm (must for any rap)
Wu Tang - Reunited
Wu Tang - Triumph
Wu Tang - Dog **** :lol:
Eazy E - Louie
Eazy E - What Would You Do
Eazy E - Creep N Crawl

I realize its long, but there isn't any real death metal in it, just more or less songs that get me juiced whether in the gym or out. Hit me up on AIM if you want more since it's already a novel.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you want to try some heavier stuff I'll recommend a few bands.

Unearth, Hopesfall, Poison the well, Hatebreed, All That Remains..

you can never go wrong with Slipknot's first CD

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I love Lil Jon. He's a terrible rapper, but has really uptempo stuff.

I like his joint Let's Go w/ Trick. Also "What you gonna do".

Damn by Young Bloodz.

Anything by Em or Luda. The Lean Back remix is sweet.

I've had some Chronic in the Mp3 player lately, I like that.

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
A little off topic but if you don't have the Metallica Binge and Purge Set go get it ASAP. It's probably the best live album that I've ever heard.

ericnb_98

Awards
Those are some good one oldfart lol.
There arent that many new songs that really get me going, I like alot of the old school metallica, and some of the rock from the past few years.
Good list ND I would add

Pantera Cemetary Gates
Black Sabbath Snow Blind, Electric Funeral
Megadeth High Speed Dirt
Alotta of White Zombie

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
these two work great back to back with no pause in between. tupac 'me and my girlfriend'- ten years after 'i'd love to change the world',

or beethovens' 5th next to ozzy's 'no more tears'. also back to back with no pause

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
Slayer= Decade of Aggression

Guns and Roses= App. 4 Destruction (possibly Best Cd ever)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Adding to the Metallica list: Phantom Lord, Master of Puppets, King Nothing, Enter Sandman, Seek and Destroy

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
skindred- nobody
Cool song. I actually like reggae/metal/rap or whatever it's called. Reminds me of Hed PE who totally kick ass. Right now I'm listening to the Deftones (older cds) and Slipknot (all of it) when I workout.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the new song by the LOX called "RUFF RIDER FOR LIFE" is really good.....if you like that sort of rap.

Pains-4-Gains

Banned
Awards
There are some good lists in here. Here's a few more I don't think were listed anywhere:
Sepultra-Spit, Cut-Throat
Marilyn Manson- The Fight Song, This Is The New ****
Disturbed
Godsmack- Whatever
Coal Chamber- El Cu Cuy, Feed My Dreams
Static-X- Push It, I'm With Stupid

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
if you want to listen to some real metal, not poser stuff like disturbed,korn,godsmack. I suggest the following bands......

killswitch engage
shadows fall
in flames
bleeding though
it dies today....just to name a few

so heavy your head will explode

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
The new SOAD song - BYOB.. I LOVE IT.....
Oh yes! May 17 and it's all mine! Cigarro is also pretty kick ass. I love how they keep coming up with these new creative sounds.

May will be a good month for me and music: the 3rd has the new NIN and the 17th SOAD.

Motorbreath and The Four Horsemen by Metallica get me amped for anything. Also The Meaning of Life by The Offspring. Those songs are a good way to start off any list.

Pains-4-Gains

Banned
Awards
if you want to listen to some real metal, not poser stuff like disturbed,korn,godsmack. I suggest the following bands......

killswitch engage
shadows fall
in flames
bleeding though

I do have a few killswitch songs on my mp3 mix, they're just not my fav. Is the shadows fall you have listed Four Shadows Fall...because that's the only band that came up when I ran a search for them.

Pains-4-Gains

Banned
Awards

killswitch engage
shadows fall
in flames
bleeding though

I do have a few killswitch songs on my mp3 mix, they're just not my fav. Is the shadows fall you have listed Four Shadows Fall...nevermind, I downloaded one of their songs and their obviously not who meant. I havent heard of the rest of the bands, but i hope they are heavy as **** like you say, cause that's exactly what im looking for.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
killswitch engage
shadows fall
in flames
bleeding though
Hell yes...and add Soilwork to this list.

BryanFury

Awards
Bands unless song title is with the name. Most is harder stuff.

Meshuggah, Stemm, Time in Malta-Bare Witness, Demon Hunter, Cannae-Anna's Love, Misery Loves Co., Coal Chamber, Fear factory, zombie both white and rob, godflesh, opeth, amon amarth, amen, behemoth, hypocrisy, iced earth, pantera, man o war, amorphis, arch enemy, sepultura, six feet under, shadows fall, project 86, skrape, lamb of god, old man's child, soil, soilwork, life of agony,mastadon, black dahlia murder, cradle of filth, avenged sevenfold, machine head, strapping young lad, flaw, impaled nazarine, candiria, staind, zao, grave, hatebreed, type o negative, tiamat, watch them die, static x, guntruck, morbid angel, unearth, susperia, TOOL and APC (In caps because Maynard owns us all) soulfly, paradise lost, burnt by the sun, sworn enemy, killswitch engage, pro-pain, twelve tribes, korn, slayer, mudvayne, in flames, disturbed, superjoint ritual, children of bodom-bodom beach terror and sixpounder,soul embraced, motograter, chimaira, as I lay dying, remembering never, dimmu borgir, 36 crazyfists, deicide, OTEP, Devildriver(the mountain).

Forgive lack of capitalization and mega-graph format. If I had spaced them verticaly it would be a few pages.

Edit-A Perfect Murder-Eye for an Eye is way up on my list at the moment. Tones of Hatebreed.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big Nine Inch Nails fan... maybe I'll get spit on for it... but they aint bad for workin out.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've checked out In Flames and like em a lot! Thanx for that :thumbsup:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Which InFlames album did you get DieTrying?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established

Meshuggah, Stemm, Time in Malta-Bare Witness, Demon Hunter, Cannae-Anna's Love, Misery Loves Co., Coal Chamber, Fear factory, zombie both white and rob, godflesh, opeth, amon amarth, amen, behemoth, hypocrisy, iced earth, pantera, man o war, amorphis, arch enemy, sepultura, six feet under, shadows fall, project 86, skrape, lamb of god, old man's child, soil, soilwork, life of agony,mastadon, black dahlia murder, cradle of filth, avenged sevenfold, machine head, strapping young lad, flaw, impaled nazarine, candiria, staind, zao, grave, hatebreed, type o negative, tiamat, watch them die, static x, guntruck, morbid angel, unearth, susperia, TOOL and APC (In caps because Maynard owns us all) soulfly, paradise lost, burnt by the sun, sworn enemy, killswitch engage, pro-pain, twelve tribes, korn, slayer, mudvayne, in flames, disturbed, superjoint ritual, children of bodom-bodom beach terror and sixpounder,soul embraced, motograter, chimaira, as I lay dying, remembering never, dimmu borgir, 36 crazyfists, deicide, OTEP, Devildriver(the mountain).

Forgive lack of capitalization and mega-graph format. If I had spaced them verticaly it would be a few pages.

Edit-A Perfect Murder-Eye for an Eye is way up on my list at the moment. Tones of Hatebreed.
All those metal bands and you don't list emporer, zyklon, venom, bathory or doom.

Shame on you!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Reroute to Remain..this is different from what I usually listen to but I like it a lot. Trigger is an awesome track!
Bro if you liked that track you owe it to yourself to go out and buy their latest album "Soundtrack to Your Escape" immediately. RTR was good, but was a big change from their original sound (which I couldnt get enough of!)...STYE is a great blend of where they're going musically and the kick-ass melodies of past IF albums.

BV

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established

Damn bro, I didn't think anyone knew about Candiria. Nothing wrong with a little trip-funk-jazz-death metal. Easily one of the most original heavy bands of all time, with some of the heaviest, junkiest breakdowns ever.

I used to be into the Boston and NY hardcore scenes, the scenes that bands like Hatebreed came from. I remember seeing Hatebreed in about '95 in the basement of the Middle East with about 10 other people. I can't believe Jamie is now hosting the Headbanger's Ball.

Anyway, a few noteworthy discs from that era/scene:
Vision of Disorder-especially the older stuff, such as the 6 song "Still" EP
Candiria-I can't say enough about these guys
E-Town Concrete-Fuses heavy ass stomp parts with smooth hip-hop, for the wigga in all of us:wave:
For the Love OF-This band was not around for long, but in their short time together they produced a kick ass, brutal disc. Like Converge, but tighter and with brutal vocals without Converge's crying.

BryanFury

Awards
All those metal bands and you don't list emporer, zyklon, venom, bathory or doom.

Shame on you!
Was running on no sleep when I posted those off the top of my head. Mainstay metal is a given, or should be in my opinion.

Damn bro, I didn't think anyone knew about Candiria. Nothing wrong with a little trip-funk-jazz-death metal. Easily one of the most original heavy bands of all time, with some of the heaviest, junkiest breakdowns ever.

I used to be into the Boston and NY hardcore scenes, the scenes that bands like Hatebreed came from. I remember seeing Hatebreed in about '95 in the basement of the Middle East with about 10 other people. I can't believe Jamie is now hosting the Headbanger's Ball.

Anyway, a few noteworthy discs from that era/scene:
Vision of Disorder-especially the older stuff, such as the 6 song "Still" EP
Candiria-I can't say enough about these guys
E-Town Concrete-Fuses heavy ass stomp parts with smooth hip-hop, for the wigga in all of us:wave:
For the Love OF-This band was not around for long, but in their short time together they produced a kick ass, brutal disc. Like Converge, but tighter and with brutal vocals without Converge's crying.
I listen to E-town on occassion, just depends on the mood I guess. I saw Hatebreed a while back, went with my tattoo artist, go figure. Still an awesome environment. Can't imagine what it would have been like to see them that early, in a grassroots type venue, so to speak.