Major Rant--stupid kids dad...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'm at work right now, and I just had this guy come in with his 15/16 year old son.

Well, the kid was in here buying all kinds of protein, etc. and the dad is telling me he's going ot have a little "help" getting bigger and he went to "mexico" to get him that "help".

I mean, WTF? This kids dad is giving his 15yr old kid juice!!!!

I tried to talk him out of it politely, but I was ignored. I was telling him side effects and the increased danger in teens who aren't finished developing or growing yet, but he didn't care....*sigh*

Oh well, rant over.

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
That's totally ridiculous. The father should be doing just the opposite explaining why the kid shouldn't juice at his age.. Christ.....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm at work right now, and I just had this guy come in with his 15/16 year old son.

Well, the kid was in here buying all kinds of protein, etc. and the dad is telling me he's going ot have a little "help" getting bigger and he went to "mexico" to get him that "help".

I mean, WTF? This kids dad is giving his 15yr old kid juice!!!!

I tried to talk him out of it politely, but I was ignored. I was telling him side effects and the increased danger in teens who aren't finished developing or growing yet, but he didn't care....*sigh*

Oh well, rant over.
You should have given the police a anonymous(sp.?) tip. I don't know what store you work in, but some stores do take mailing addresses to send out catalogs or if he used a credit card...

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
wish my dad would pitch in on my cycles! haha just kidding.. thats absolutely horrible in all honesty..

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
You should have given the police a anonymous(sp.?) tip. I don't know what store you work in, but some stores do take mailing addresses to send out catalogs or if he used a credit card...
He used cash and we don't keep addresses.

However, there is one other element to this I'd rather not discuss. It has to do w/ "who he is friends with". So, narcing isn't on the top of my list for "things to do".

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He used cash and we don't keep addresses.

However, there is one other element to this I'd rather not discuss. It has to do w/ "who he is friends with". So, narcing isn't on the top of my list for "things to do".
Who cares who he is friends with?. Your a fast runner right?. :cheers: :icon_lol:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
....wonder if pops is gonna set him up with hookers and OxyContin too! Nice parenting....

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
That is seriously twisted.. My sons only take WPC and yesterday my 16 yo hit a 200lbs bench for reps.

What is amazing to me is that back in Sept of last year he struggled to hit 90.. time and hard work is all it took...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That is seriously twisted.. My sons only take WPC and yesterday my 16 yo hit a 200lbs bench for reps.

What is amazing to me is that back in Sept of last year he struggled to hit 90.. time and hard work is all it took...
Exactly what I said.

Oh well...ppl are stupid. When you just start you can add size and strength like crazy...you don't need juice.

I've got NOOO problem w/ juicing when yhou're older, educated, adn responsible. But when you're 15, come on!

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
that's ridiculous, why would the father give roids to the kid though?
does the kid compete or something or is the father trying to live out his dreams through his son?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
that's ridiculous, why would the father give roids to the kid though?
does the kid compete or something or is the father trying to live out his dreams through his son?
****...the kid was a skinny fucker. He's a high school baseball "pitcher" and he wants to get bigger.

He was prob. 6'0 and 150lbs, max.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
WHOOO.....I'm certainly glad that we have new laws about steroids to protect the children. Otherwise.....kids may be using them.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
That's a new one.
It happens. I have seen some parents do some crazy **** for their kid to be "great" at something. Dads buying gear so there sons could be an All-Metro football player. There was always **** going around when I was in HS. Rumors about this guy or that guy, and how they would came into summer practice with a 40lbs increase in weight (no increase in height) and repping 350lb bench at 16-17 yrs old. And then you would hear how the guys dad "helped" him out.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like another dad living vicariously through his son. Damn shame because this kid could really have problems.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
WHOOO.....I'm certainly glad that we have new laws about steroids to protect the children. Otherwise.....kids may be using them.
LOL. great point there :thumbsup:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I remember this kid, was in the same grade w/ me in high school. He was a smart guy, majored in mechanical engineering for a few years before leaving for the military last year.

Anyway, he got HUGE late junior/senior year in high school. I mean HUGE! He had never really acne and all of a sudden was a pimple machine. There was plenty of talk about him juicing, and knowing what I know now I'd bet it. Just goes to show, even relatively smart kids do stupid **** with this stuff.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
**** my dad wouldn't let me take a centrum or whey when I was 15 and this lucky bastard gets hooked up :icon_lol:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
my dad was worried was i was in high school and started with creatine ... man if he only knew what i was doing nowadays lol

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Iron Warrior, Glenihan, I think we've all been there. :)

My mom thought protein powder was like steroids. She said I was goig to get moody, etc, etc.

Well, she harassed me each and every day and I finally started getting sick of it and I was getting irrritated and she said "see, look, you've only been on it for a week or two and you're already moody!". LOLOLOLOL....I guess it had nothing to do with being hounded day and night about my whey protein.

Boy have things changed since then :eek:

People crack me up :D

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
my dad has been working out for a while and when I began using whey he bought me my first protein powder.

yea damn that reminds me of the dean in my high school who got mad at me when I yelled at her to open the bathroom cuz i hadda pee. I told her I was on creatine and needed to drink a lot of water and she was like "that's probably why you got mad at me, you can get very moody on that." (i ended up yelling at her again in her office telling her "no, it's just that I had to pee and that makes me moody when I gotta take a piss and you lock the bathroom door in my face!")

GangstaJDog

Banned
Awards
I didn't think you guys would be that surprised by this. Where I live its really common and when I was in high school even the football trainer hooked the players up, none of the parents gave a **** and all the coaches and parents knew. I can't recall a single kid who got signed in high school who wasn't juicing. It's not just juice either, parents "helped" their kids in all sorts of ways. Parents would give their kids beer money or toss them a couple of their valiums or throw them a kegger, I saw it all the time.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
lucky bastards... oh the times have changed! i want to be 14 again!!!!!

I didn't think you guys would be that surprised by this. Where I live its really common and when I was in high school even the football trainer hooked the players up, none of the parents gave a **** and all the coaches and parents knew. I can't recall a single kid who got signed in high school who wasn't juicing. It's not just juice either, parents "helped" their kids in all sorts of ways. Parents would give their kids beer money or toss them a couple of their valiums or throw them a kegger, I saw it all the time.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sh*t I live in Texas, and in highschool everyone juices especially at the big-time football schools like the one I went to. Not to say I did it, but I never really needed to, but the majority of our players juiced even the ones that rode the bench.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
sh!t, I didn't even get to watch TV or eat fast food! I thought that was child abuse!Wonder what I'd be like if Dad had set me up with juice, opiates, and prostitutes ???

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What's wrong with hookers? :p
Expensive habit... :D

I do know a guy here in Ma who coaches a certain highschool who wins titles yearly, and his son supplies the team.. He bragged about it over afew pints of Guiness a couple summers ago, now he's trying to get me to help him get the team set up for this year.. :rolleyes:

Like I know anything about that... ;)

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I shake my head when I hear **** like this. But OTOH when I was 15 I would have loved a dad like this...

Speaking from experience-When you're young and dumb, all of the good reasons in the world to stay away from the stuff mean nothing compared to the temptation.