• troy alves

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • alexander federov

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
again simple question who's your favorite bodybuilder currently competing? i would say dexter because i think he's amazing BUT i'm going to go with Lee Priest because the question isn't best ... i love reading lee's interviews as he comes across honest and pissed off at the lousy state of pro bb today along with having some of the most impressive arms ever, i think he's got a great physique

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i'll agree with ya on that one. lee priest is uncommonly blunt and honest with his interviews, which makes for good reading. i voted for lee, but ronnie is a close second.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I had to go with Dex because I didn't want to get caught in the stampede of everyone picking Gunter.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had to go with Dex because I didn't want to get caught in the stampede of everyone picking Gunter.
:lol:

Dex looks the best, Lee has a great attitude and I like him for that. Gotta go with RUHL though, his name is fun to say!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna say Lee for 3 reasons:
1. he's candid, honest, bitter, entertaining (as previously mentioned).
2. best photo I ever saw of a BB'er was Lee; like a semi-candid black and white that made him look seriously like a machine of some kind--just huge, but shredded to ribbons. Seriously made him look like he was made of metal or something.
3. That muscletech ad with Lee eating Krispy-Kremes off season.

rippedtothebone

Awards
Lee priest, just look at those Arms. Best arms in the history of the business. no GH gut either

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I like Ruhl, he cracks me up. I think his videos won a fan for life. He's a beast, he's modest and always extremely friendly.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gotta go with a guy not on the list, Victor Martinez. He to me represents the future of bodybuilding, and seems like he could very well be Mr. Olympia someday.

As far as guys on the list go, I'd likely pick Darrem Charles. He consistently achieves absolutely diced conditioning. Check out his side tricep pose, it's positively sick.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
oh man i can't believe i left out victor martinez .. i know what happened i was about to put him in then i stopped to think if i want to put in Capreise Murray but decided since he hasn't actually competed in a pro show yet (he will in May in NYC:)) i won't (even though i love him) and after that Victor completely left my mind

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
Another Lee Priest fan here. I thought he looked really good at the Arnold and thought he would finish better.

rippedtothebone

Awards
victor martinez is starting to get that huge HGH gut. He used to look great a few years back.

rippedtothebone

Awards
what about chris Dim, great V-taper. Huge bi/tri's

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Victor Martinez has a huge gh gut? That's news to me, here's a pic from this year's olympia that looks like a pretty damn tight midsection to me.

Attachments

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And here's a pic illustrating Darrem Charles hitting a side tricep pose.

Attachments

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Regarding Vic, I think this comment comes from a pic from the Arnold that led many people to start making the GH Gut accusations. I saw it a bb.com.

rippedtothebone

Awards
i saw vic martinez a few years ago at the night of Champs and his waist was tiny, i saw pics from the arnold, and he's starting to look pregnant.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm going with Dex, that's how I wanna look.

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Darrem Charles, because that is how a bodybuilder should look.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Another vote for Dexter with Lee a close 2nd

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, that's certainly not a very flattering pic to say the least. Hopefully he hasn't messed up his midsection for good, as I thought his look at the Olympia was nearly perfect.

One other thing I did notice is that it also looks as though he may be starting to use synthol in his arms, as his biceps and triceps are both beginning to have a very smooth, unnatural look to them.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
well ronnie finally got some votes, but my man Lee is still in the lead :)

how can you not LOVE a guy that (up until this year) routinely got up to 280 at 5'4 in the offseason!!! ... KFC really should have given him an endorsement deal ... eat KFC and get 22 inch arms :)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
just for fun if i were to rank these in terms of who i thought was the BEST
1. dexter - his conditioning is unreal .. simply amazing and his physique is close to flawless
2. ronnie - the guy comes in shredded at 300lbs .. if it wasn't for his enormous gut he'd be number 1
3. cutler - another giant of human being that has SICK conditioning .. if he could ever just come in completely dry
4. lee - i think he is so underrated .. the latest pics i've seen of him from the ironman, arnold, and austraila shows he looks AMAZING .. finally dried up those glutes and hams .. unreal upper body
5. gustavo baldell - guy always comes in looking fantastic ... although watch out for his GH gut .. i think in the next few years its going to get BAD
6. troy alves - seriously WATCH OUT for this guy .. he's gonna be something special if he can put on some more weight .. and yes i want him placed up this high
7. chris cormier - AMAZING!! .. sometimes .. has to be more consistant
8. RUHL - ya gotta love markus SIMPLY ENORMOUS no two ways about it ... has to bring up his triceps and work on his lats some though ... conditioning needs to be slightly improved
9. darrem charles - sick conditioning, needs more muscle size though
10. melvin anthony - needs more size and to be more consistant .. i don't know if he'll ever look as good as he did at the 2005 NOC again
11. gunther - wow talk about hype over nothing (he's the olestra of the group)
12. federov - guys chest is TINY compared to his arms .. although he may have the best legs on the planet ... including ronnie .. too many flaws though ... his back symmetry is all fucked up as well

any one else have any thoughts ... i really don't want to get back to studying contract law so this seemed like a great excuse not to :)

oh and another guy to watch out for in the years to come .. david henry .. him and troy alves will do a lot of damage i assure you of this

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
3. cutler - another giant of human being that has SICK conditioning .. if he could ever just come in completely dry.......
Big bump to this. If he could come dry (i've seen him more dry in vids than on stage....WTF?) and would start doing some real heavy lifting on teh compuonds like R.C. does, i think he coudl take the crown..............

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see Cutler take it one of these days.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Basedow.

no wait, King Kamali!
* I don't think Kamali is a top bodybuilder, but I met/know the guy so it's neat to me

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lee Priest as my favorite but regarding the GH gut pic a lot of those photographs are taking when the BBer is exhaling or relaxing etc etc. You can take a series of pics from the same contestant from the same show and there will sometimes be huge differences.

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Jay got my vote, the man is simply massive just needs more detail is his back double bi pose and has to dry out his lower back. His back width has caught up to Ronnie!!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Nah, Jay (in proportion to his height) is the widest guy on stage, and in actual inchest has to be atleast as wide as ronnie.

He's just nowhere as dense...he looks like a table top. LoL

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i don't know kwycke .. i'm gonna have to disagree .. i really think ronnie is wider .. thickness its not even a comparison (maybe dorian could compare .. maybe)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Dorian def. is very dense in the back. I'd say he's got density to compare, but not width. Jay has width, but not the density.

Ronnie has the greatest back of all time, but Jay cutler's is as wide and will eventually be wider, IMHO.

Cutler v. Coleman

It's getting pretty close. Coleman may have a "tad" on him. But, Cutle is a bit younger. I think Cutler's body structure will just allow for that kind of massive width.

I don't think he'll ever has as impressivea back as coleman though.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
in that first coleman v cutler pic i don't think ronnie was FULLY spread yet ... jay is definitely VERY wide ... hmm maybe just as wide .. i may have to issue a retraction lol

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To me it looks like yates still has Ronnie. Maybe it's the black and white photo that does it.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have another guy that should definitely be thrown into the list as well, that being Dennis James. The guy is so freakin' thick he resembles a comic book character. His offseason photos are absolutely insane.

Attachments

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
does he take steroids?
haha

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
in that first coleman v cutler pic i don't think ronnie was FULLY spread yet ... jay is definitely VERY wide ... hmm maybe just as wide .. i may have to issue a retraction lol
I think you're right...ronnies not fully spread out. Either way, they're big mofos.

DJ does look great. However, I see soooooo many photoshopped DJ pictures I just wait until he hits the stage to see what he looks like :D

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With those DJ pictures, if I recall correctly the man himself posted them online, so that makes me believe them to be actual valid pictures. I personally can't really see evidence of photoshopping, I just think the guy is actually that damn big.

It is a shame he can't keep more of that size before hitting the stage though, he's one guy that tends to look better 10 weeks out than the day of the contest.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That DJ pic is not photoshopped, but 1/2 the ones I've seen are.

You should see the DJ pic above in photoshop form :eek: LoL

I think Cutler looks better a few weeks out than on stage, too. Maybe they've got some sick BBer form of anorexia and just over-diet?!?

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
I voted for Gustavo, but I do agree with Glen, his GH gut is getting bigger! I hope it doesn't get anymore, as his physique(well to me anyways) has the size and proportion that I would want to attain.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
here's a photoshopped DJ pic

Last edited:
James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yates is one of my all time favorites. Now Cutler or Dexter if I had to pick from that list.

davisville64

Awards
I'd have to say Ruhl. I admire his size, and I try to get my body like his (except for the gut :thumbsup: ). I do think the new narrow wasteline rules will effect him, but you cant ignore a guy that has that much mass, plain and simple.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think they should make a points system where they would measure certain bodyparts compared to the waist size and give points based on proportions. For example, chest/waist, quad/waist. That would be a real incentive to watch the proportions.

coofoostu

Awards
My vote goes to melvin anthony. The guy has an amazing back and his waist is non existant. Very classic proportions with a modern day posterrior chain.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Melvin Anthony? I don't see what you mean...

Actually, I think I do. OMG look at this guy's proportions!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
MA has a freggin' 27" waist and 21" arms....its ridiculous.

If now were anything before 1990, Melvin Anthony would probably be Mr. O.