Anyone done a Spartan, Tough Mudder, Battlefrog event?

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Tough mudder was legit when i did it. Everybody was helping each other get through the race

clown007

clown007

Awards
Spartan Races are fun. I've done a Spartan Sprint and a Mud Hero run. The Mud Hero was much more fun in terms of contestant attitude and camaraderie, but Spartan was a real race. The Spartan I did consisted of running the race on ski slopes so it was run up, complete an obstacle, run down complete an obstacle... The part I didn't care for was that the ski slopes didn't really allow for an actual run during the race; most people had to walk the hills and jog down.
I have to say I had a great time at both though. They were well run and very professionally managed.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dying to try this. My friends always do it. Next one around me I'm def doing it with my wife

Now I can't wait lol

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone we did some training today besides the usual cardio boot camp and incorporated some stuff we saw on the site: hurdles, rope climbing, monkey bars. Group from the gym firming up into a team submission rather than enter as individuals.

NB: We are bringing two 5 gallon jerry cans, 60lbs each laden, and sandbags to the next workout. That is part of the weight carrying bit of the course.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've done a Spartan abd warrior dash. Both were great, very professionally ran and a lot of fun. The Spartan I did was longer and harder than the warrior

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
um.. i done a colour run last month. Does that count? lol

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
It is on my to do list this year. Actually I would love to do an event a month even if it is just a 5K. I need to see when the next Tough Mudder hits Ohio. Just to have one of those orange headbands lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Myself and two friends did the 2011 and 2012 TM locally and advanced to the national in NJ, but we didn't fare so well there with both of them sustained injuries after 3 laps. Since then I've just done a couple of others if someone wanted a partner.

In general, the running is the easiest part because it is a sprint between obstacles and then waiting. For that reason, a small group 2-5 is best because you are only as fast as the slowest person and a large group gets disorganized. They aren't that hard, so just go out and have fun.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They're fun. 8k would suck. The worst I did was a 5k on a ski slope.

I'm not meant to run, I ****ing hate it, but the obstacles broke it up nicely and had a good time. Plus, there's usually beer vendors there.