Votes: 66 40.7%
  • They are all bullshit and not worth our time and $$$$

Votes: 52 32.1%

• Total voters
Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Which is your favorite muscle mag, or are they all crap?

I recently picked up a copy of Muscular Development. Interesting, and unaplogetically pro-AAS. Tons of input from IFBB pros, though I must say I am a bit surprised by how unenlightening they tend to be. I guess I'm leaning toward them all being crap.

I used to read Muscle Media (when it became anti-AAS) and I have to say that I thought it was really good at the time. I definitely learned a lot from it, and it had some great recipes, but for some stupid reason they give out some bunk info (beyond being an EAS marketing catalogue).

For example, they would reccommend a 2500 calorie diet for a man of 180 or 200 lbs for BULKING. Not surprisingly, it took a long time for me to start gaining weight as I just wasn't taking in enough calories, despite the fact that I thought I was doing my research.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'd say MD if any. Good and somewhat entertaining to read if you happen to find yourself on a road trip or somewhere where a computer can't be accessed. But all the info found in these rags can be found on the net for free.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i say MD just because its entertaining to read and the blade, flex, victor martinez, and chris cormier all write for it and i love them all ... its a hell of a lot better than any weider publication

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i say MD just because its entertaining to read and the blade, flex, victor martinez, and chris cormier all write for it and i love them all ... its a hell of a lot better than any weider publication
toilet paper scribblings are better to read than them ;)

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
First inclination is "They are all BS and not worth the $", or "They are all 1 big BS Muscletech Ad, and not worth the $". MD and Ironman still have some redeeming qualities. I used to like them all, but seriously either I have changed, or they are just not that good anymore...

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
First inclination is "They are all BS and not worth the $", or "They are all 1 big BS Muscletech Ad, and not worth the $". MD and Ironman still have some redeeming qualities. I used to like them all, but seriously either I have changed, or they are just not that good anymore...
I used to read Ironman, it had some soild articles from Arthur Jones and such, but now I don't read any of them.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
They are all good for seeing what the latest products are and looking at pictures... LOL but that's about it. I don't subscribe to any of them, but do buy one of them about once a month - just because.

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I used to love MuscleMag years ago, but it turned into a bunch of T&A, and crappy articles.MD is pretty good, but the layout is bad and they have no women.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I occasionally pick up MD, but that's it.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
bump this.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I really like the fact that MD has a section w/ the latest research articles on nutrition/training/anabolics. Easy way to read some new stuff w/o searching Medline. I read it at the bookstore every 2 months or so.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
MindAndMuscle.net
:goodpost: At least I've learned something from Mind and Muscle. MD is at least good for entertainment and hearing some uncensored opinions from pros but others are good for brainwashing newbies. None of those mags can beat the info you can get in sites like AM, AL, CEM, or conversion boards.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
MD. Hands down.

As far as net publiucations go,T-Nati.. uh, err, I mean Mind and Muscle All the way! :lol:

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I always buy muscular developement, and I think it is by far the best of the bbing mags.......not that thats saying much. I think even MD is miles behind the internet as far as knowledge. One thing that sticks out in my head was in an issue one guy was writing in asking about the liquid clomid his dealer was trying to sell him. Dave Palumbo said he'd never heard of it and that it was probably a scam. Thought that was kind of funny coming from an experienced bodybuilder like Dave Palumbo.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm changing my vote from "they all suck" to Mind and Muscle, thank you. Very nice. No muscletech ads.

animalfan

Board Supporter
Awards
ironman and md. i do buy flex sometimes (not often), so i have something to read at work.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I used to love MuscleMag years ago, but it turned into a bunch of T&A, and crappy articles.MD is pretty good, but the layout is bad and they have no women.
Uh... page 69... that's all I need.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
MD is awesome ..i swear i pick up muscle and fitness for recipes only..lol..and i read iron man only for john little's mentzer's articles

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
MD or Muscle Mag. I will read anything on an airplane.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
UNMENTIONED:

Powerlifting, USA
Monster Muscle
Hardcore Muscle

The Doberman

Awards
They are all crap. Nothing more than supplement catalogs.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: At least I've learned something from Mind and Muscle. MD is at least good for entertainment and hearing some uncensored opinions from pros but others are good for brainwashing newbies. None of those mags can beat the info you can get in sites like AM, AL, CEM, or conversion boards.
CEM has a forum?

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
When you mention AM, do you mean AnabolicMinds, AnabolicMadness, or AnabolicMonsterz? :woohoo:

max von

Awards
I would have to go with Muscular development. I like the fact that they dont

pull any punches and tell it like it is

dmacdbest

Awards
I used to like MM, in thier first couple years of publication.. now, it's all about Body for Life crap.. I also, used to like M&F, but after 3 issues, it repeats itself.. they all suck now...

NiteHawk

Awards
Where is MuscleMag International??

I dont read them for the training routines, they arent designed for the average, natural trainer. However, Ironman does have some good sound training advice thats geared to the natural trainer.

I like to read them to check on new supplements coming out and to see the contest coverage on the pros and the NPC. I also like to keep up on the pros and read the interviews.