L. Rea's claim to "the holy grail" of natural supps...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Okay, no more pheromones or replacements for the now controlled items, so what's next?

ALR: Oh, I did not say that there were not other possibilities being explored. We have a prime focus on HPTA Supraphysiological overcompensation: The Holy Grail of optimized natural human performance enhancement.

Picture the ability to allow the body to safely and naturally produce testosterone at a level equivalent to injecting 400-600mg of testosterone cypionate weekly. Not some stupid spurt or increase of 400% that lasts for a few seconds. I mean all day long for up to 8 weeks at a time. and there is no HPTA regeneration or any other hormone use type side effects post protocol. I know, hard to believe and I am sure someone said it before. But they doubted Ergomax LMG and the power of a pheromone matrix a few weeks ago too.

We need to approach human performance from a totally new stand point of natural optimization at a scary level if we want to allow athletes to perform at their best without fear of being banned. It can be done and I think the industry is ready to do so. We are.

That is a very bold claim for a new supplement! I'm assuming it will not only be legal but over the counter?

ALR: Of course, and not so hard to believe once you see it done enough times. I had to laugh at just how jaded some of our test subjects have become. One of our test lads total testosterone pre-test came back at 522ng/dl. The first supplemented (Ultra HOT) test return was at the 14 day mark and the return was 1255ng/dl. Normal reference range for total testosterone is 250-850ng/dl, depending on the lab. Anyway, the lad looks at me and said, "huh, I thought it would be more". His results were that of an individual who was administering 400-500mg of testosterone cypionate weekly. Of course we have seen several results much higher, but the lad missed the significance of having that much legal natural testosterone in his body even though he was gaining muscle and losing fat.

If it works as well as you say it will, then won't it just be a matter of time (a very short time given recent trends) before the ingredients are either disallowed by the FDA and/or added to the doping lists?

ALR: Not likely in this case. We are discussing items in the food chain that anyone would be hard set to show a mode of action that is anything but health promoting naturally. It would be like banning protein drinks. But of course in this crazy environment anything can happen.

Will the "HPTA Supraphysiological overcompensation" produce any banned metabolites or suspicious samples for drug-tested athletes?

ALR: There are only the natural metabolites your body naturally makes and those of the compounds. Since these are in the food chain they too lack the potential. However I should warn that we have had over 65% of our test subjects exceed 2000ng/dl of total testosterone which is obviously pretty high by any standard. But since we are discussing natural made by "The Boys" testosterone, the testosterone:epitestosterone ratio should remain correct unlike when a synthetic androgen is administered. There is also that lack of carbon signatures to be of issue as well, meaning nothing to suggest ay doping has occurred.

Will this have any adverse effects on one's health?

ALR: LOL, only is more lean tissue, less fat, and more sex is now a negative health issue. This is not suggesting drug effects of making drug-like claims, but just simple basic physiology. When the body makes its own testosterone and other androgens it uses cholesterol as a raw material. If more testosterone is naturally made the result is better natural lipid numbers and profiles.

What happens to those who choose to use such a product year round?

ALR: We have run tests up to 12 weeks. These have shown only positive results and continued progress. However, I believe that athletes should discontinue at 8 weeks to allow for alternate methods of progressive supplementation to be better utilized. Consider this: If you trained with the same work-outs, same weights, same diet, same everything year round you would not only see an end to progress you would see a loss of gains once had. Reason being that the body achieves progress through adaptation. If the same stimulus is used beyond the point of total adaptation, the body goes backwards seeking a lower level of homeostasis.
LINK: http://www.readthecore.com/200503/alr-interview.htm

Interesting stuff...whatdya'll think?

size

Awards
  • Established
This is in reference to HOT. There is a thread about it in the supplement section.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks to the heads up! :thumbsup:

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Oh come on...400-600mg of test/week? I don't think so. This L. Rea guy must've accidently went to school for marketing and not biochemistry....lol, must've got the room numbers on campus mixed up....lol :rolleyes:

I also think his books and articles are garbage as well. Hey, I'm just stating my opinion here. His ideas are totally laughable in "Building the Perfect Beast."

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Oh come on...400-600mg of test/week? I don't think so. This L. Rea guy must've accidently went to school for marketing and not biochemistry....lol, must've got the room numbers on campus mixed up....lol :rolleyes:

I also think his books and articles are garbage as well. Hey, I'm just stating my opinion here. His ideas are totally laughable in "Building the Perfect Beast."
While I have never read BTPB, I know a quite a few people have used it with great resualts.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established

I disagree. I've had more success then I ever had running the run of the mill 12 week cycle. I actually keep most of my gains and don't really get shutdown.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. I've had more success then I ever had running the run of the mill 12 week cycle. I actually keep most of my gains and don't really get shutdown.
Seriously? The ideas that he brings up just seem so out of the ordinary and sometimes they go against science and physics. I just could never bring myself to screw up a cycle, and possibly ruin that time that could've been spent gaining...call me paranoid I guess.

Do you mind elaborating a bit more on that 12 weeker? I'm curious now...lol.

Milo Hobgoblin

Awards
So what exactly is the supplement he is referring to? Someone mentioned "HOT".. what exactly is it?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Seriously? The ideas that he brings up just seem so out of the ordinary and sometimes they go against science and physics. I just could never bring myself to screw up a cycle, and possibly ruin that time that could've been spent gaining...call me paranoid I guess.

Do you mind elaborating a bit more on that 12 weeker? I'm curious now...lol.
LOL your allowed to have your opinion and some of his idea's are a little out there but his info has always panned out for me. And the thing about the 12 weeker I was being sarcastic meaning I don't run the average cycle (12 weeks anymore) I have been running short blasting cycles that usually last around 40days. If you look in the cycle's info section, I have a few of mine posted with results all the way through PCT. Take a look if your really interested.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Just because his ideas are not the same as everyone elese doesn't mean they are bogus. Quite the opposite in my opinion. Thats one of the books still on my list to purchase. I already have his other book and I enjoy it very much. You'll never get anywhere if you just believe what eveyone else believes just because its the majority.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Just because his ideas are not the same as everyone elese doesn't mean they are bogus. Quite the opposite in my opinion. Thats one of the books still on my list to purchase. I alread have his other book and I enjoy it very much. You'll never get anywhere if you just believe what eveyone else believes just because its the majority.
You got some kind of hard on for me or something? Every post I make, you're right there behind me telling me why I'm wrong. You're a annoying little girl, please stop and please grow up.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Don't take it personal lifted. T-Bone is abrasive with everyone. LOL

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
You got some kind of hard on for me or something? Every post I make, you're right there behind me telling me why I'm wrong. You're a annoying little girl, please stop and please grow up.
thick skin is a prerequisite around here sometimes...

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to hear how people respond to HOT, though. Is it a PCT-type product, or just an "alternative to PH/PS's" thing?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
The premise of cranking up test levels with AI(s) is sound, they all appear to do that by reducing E, the question is wether there is a rebound in E2 levels after a few weeks , like Letrozole appears to do in the study I've seen on healthy males, and where will one's nat test levels be after the cycle?

Until I see Bloodtests of HOT users indicating otherwise, I remain skeptical that one can fool the body for more than a few weeks without the body compensating negatively up and down to rebalance itself to it's setpoint.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I don't know the science around Hot, But I will say I always enjoyed his collumn in MD.

Rogue, You have a PM at Avant Forums. ;)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Don't take it personal lifted. T-Bone is abrasive with everyone. LOL

DAMN If we get many more posts like this we will have to start a Tbone fan club. :drunk:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
...You'll never get anywhere if you just believe what eveyone else believes just because its the majority.
Music to my ears :D

Everyday I go in the gym and lift someone is telling me that my training methods are odd and/or ineffective b/c I'm not training "enough" or something like that.

However, I've keep outgrowing everyone I know and fast. (I don't know where they come off having the gall telling me how to train when they "were" bigger than me....)

If I followed the standard training routines that everyone else did, I might end up like the guys I feel bad for who I see around the gym lifting the same amount of weight and staying the same size day in and day out.

[/end]tangent

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Music to my ears :D

Everyday I go in the gym and lift someone is telling me that my training methods are odd and/or ineffective b/c I'm not training "enough" or something like that.

However, I've keep outgrowing everyone I know and fast. (I don't know where they come off having the gall telling me how to train when they "were" bigger than me....)

If I followed the standard training routines that everyone else did, I might end up like the guys I feel bad for who I see around the gym lifting the same amount of weight and staying the same size day in and day out.

[/end]tangent
I get that same **** from my older friends that "used" to lift. They're all skinny as fvck too. All of 'em seen me gain like crazy in the past 2-3 years and they're gonna tell me how to train. And then if I brush 'em off and tell 'em that what I'm doing is just fine, they take it as an insult. Where do these guys get off? People are the worst, I tell ya. :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya, bro. If you're gaining, keep it up :thumbsup: and tell them to ****-off! That's what I do, in a polite manner :D

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Fella's the proof is in the pudding! :thumbsup:

It's funny how most peope you see in the gym always look the same and they'll swear they got some hot routine to pack on the muscle. LOL

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
That's a big reason why I don't go to gyms anymore. I remember when I was rehabing my knee I was starting with very low weight leg extensions, and some meathead comes over and loudly proclaims, "You're not using enough weight!" He pulled my pin out and set it to some ridiculous weight that would have ripped my knee to shreds had I tried to lift it at that point. That pissed me off so damn much. Not that I could have done much except hop after him and try to kick his ass with my one good leg.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
That's a big reason why I don't go to gyms anymore. I remember when I was rehabing my knee I was starting with very low weight leg extensions, and some meathead comes over and loudly proclaims, "You're not using enough weight!" He pulled my pin out and set it to some ridiculous weight that would have ripped my knee to shreds had I tried to lift it at that point. That pissed me off so damn much. Not that I could have done much except hop after him and try to kick his ass with my one good leg.
Same with me. I invested in an entire home gym. SO much more convenient this way. Although I still need more DB's and they can get expensive very quickly.

I remember this one time, this older guy came up to me while I was doing some skullcrushers with HEAVY ASS weight. He's like in his 70's or so. Right in the middle of my set, he starts introducing himself and starts trying to give me pointers. Mind you this is while I'm in the middle of my set. I get done, and totally didn't even get what I was trying to get due to this asshole conversating. I put the weight down, look at him and say, "Hey pal, I don't come to here to make friends. I come here to train and that's it. You totally just fvcked my last set up. Show some respect and get the fvck outa my ear!!" Well it turned out that this older guy was related ot the gym owner. Right when I was leaving to go home, the owner stops me and asks me about telling this old guy off. I said yeah, he was being totally fvcking annoying and ruined my sets. He told me that I wasn't allowed here anymore because I'm abusive to poeple.....LOL, I told him to shove it and that I wasn't coming back ot his pansy gym anyways...lol. Gotta love the meatheads. :rolleyes:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i cant wait till the clown sees this one..

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:frustrate

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep. I agree with you guys. If I don't ask how to do an exercise or if I don't ask about anything, don't try to give me advice thats not wanted. I get some idiots like that at my gym but most are nice. I work out in an "average joe" type gym though.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
My gym is my home. Nice set of free weights and a jump rope. Except when I work out with my friend Mike on Sundays, then my gym is his basement, and I workout while he tries to help me find Jesus by doing Yoda impersonations. I don't know how I end up meeting and hanging out with such people, but I'm used to it by now.

Someone mentioned dumbbells getting expensive, I just buy the olympic handles and use those. After an initial investment of around 40 bucks all you really need is a set of four plates for each weight you're likely to stick on there. Very convenient. That said I do have a nice set of hexagonal dumbbells. They only go up to 50lbs though.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
LOL @ lifted.

I get those guys, but I'm pretty laid back and I don't usuallly tell them to shove off. I just don' listen and say "well, nice meeting you, I"m gonna go finish my workout". hahaha. It works.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I usually don't like posts that rip on other people in the gym but I just have to say this.

I went to this new gym I joined. It is sort of old school and small. About 1500 sq feet. Well I made the mistake of talking to this out of shape guy cause I felt sorry for him. He is about 225lbs and just that fat all over pudgy look with a major spare tire around his waist.

So he tells me he just started last week I said oh wow are you really sore. He looks at me like I am crazy and says NO! I mean I just started HERE last week. I have been a member at Gold's for a long time. OOpppppps didn't mean to insult him.

So then he starts telling me that I need to do more sets and then he tells me in COMPLETE detail every set and every weight he just did for triceps and it totals up to 24 sets!!!!!!!!!! I just said WOW you are the man I could never do that many, and I went into another room to stretch. I think I will start going at a different time ;)

CROWLER

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha....24 sets, eh? The only person I can think of who actually grew off of that much was Arnold. He must be genetically gifted ;)