Lumber Liquidators

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Who has heard about their floors having 100x the legal limit of formaldehyde in them? Their stock has dropped to nearly 0 and people are ripping up their floors. I fear I may have to rip mine up in my room as well, I've had these floors for 10ish years.... I pray to God they aren't contaminated. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lumber-liquidators-linked-to-health-and-safety-violations/
Ive never heard of this, but you have me scared now. Is there any way to test for the formaldehyde in my floors?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
That sucks. My daughter in VA put down laminate last year. Luckily it was a small area just the kitchen. I'm curious how the other states that aren't as strict as CA will handle this.

I'm also curious if there is a way to determine if the brand you bought is made in China.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If the box says made in China, I'm assuming it's affected. Still waiting on possible lot numbers or dates. There are tests for formaldehyde in the air, the kit is about 80$. I may buy one because I'm freaked out right about now. Their Twitter is blown up and their stock is almost at 0 lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It isn't all flooring, only the laminate flooring from the Chinese mills.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have the strand bamboo and have been very happy with it.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
As someone who has and has had cancer, this infuriates me. If this turns out to be true I won't be buying from them again, even if they get their **** together.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As someone who has and has had cancer, this infuriates me. If this turns out to be true I won't be buying from them again, even if they get their **** together.
I'm with you bud, I'm infuriated right now.

deuceswild72

Awards
  • Established
Scary ****. Don't even know where the person that installed this in my parents house got it from. For all I know he could have bought it from there but i have no way of knowing. This was about 6 years ago so not sure how they will even be able to tell.