Androgens and male reproductive system

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
*I'm starting this in general discussion...move to a more appropriate board as desired*

I am interested in finding some literature regarding androgen use and the male reproductive system. I have a friend in his mid 20's who cycles 3-4 x's per year for the last couple years. He is responsible and safe with his use. He has used previously legal substances including 1T/4AD/M1T. He does not inject. He practices good PCT with (and/or) nolva/clomid/6oxo. He is now engaged to be married and...you guessed it, she is concerned about his use. I gather she has "nesting instincts" that needs satifying.

Now I know this guy is safe when it comes to his use. He knows the issues with suppression and PCT and all the matters regarding shutdown and recovery. He knows as much as most of you and I do. The problem is...she wants proof. Proof that he is not effecting his reproductive system.

Now I know he could get bloodwork done for his test levels. He could get a sperm count, etc ,etc. What about long term effects.

What I am looking for is some literature and or studies on the matter. I will be researching in the meantime as well. Just thought I would toss it out to see what kind of feedback you guys may have.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I dont have any studies right off hand, but there is a guy in my hometown who was in college in the late 80's early 90's when steroids were really popular. He didnt know much about the safety of them really, and I talked to him about it one day for several hours and it turned out he was on cycle for 3 years straight! He would always pyramid his doses, say top out at around 1000-1200mg of test, then when he was "cruising" he would take 250mg of test. When he was ramping up that is when he would throw in deca, anadrol, dbol or winny, knowing him he probably used them all at the same time. No pct either, he had no clue about that, now he has 2 healthy kids, had no problems at all. Another powerlifter I know juiced extremely hard for 5 years, he would come off, but he said it was rarely ever for longer than 6 weeks at a time tops. He did follow through with pct and has an extensive knowledge of steroids, he just wanted to be strong and did whatever it took to get him where he wanted to be. He was recently married, still cycling, and when they decided to have a kid, his wife was pregnant 4 weeks after he stopped his cycle. These may be examples of extreme luck though, I know not everyone is that lucky, especially if someone has reproductive/fertility problems before even starting steroids. Just my experience from people I have talked to.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
If you go to the right library, you can find tons of it, look for translated german texts from the early to mid 1900's about the time of hitlers rise to power. As a side note I would be reluctant to father offspring until I had genetic testing after using androgens esp. newer ones, the liklihood of having "gender ambiguous" children does not appeal to me.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nevermind, not what you are looking for.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you go to the right library, you can find tons of it, look for translated german texts from the early to mid 1900's about the time of hitlers rise to power. As a side note I would be reluctant to father offspring until I had genetic testing after using androgens esp. newer ones, the liklihood of having "gender ambiguous" children does not appeal to me.
Is this really possible?? I always thought developemental issues regarding gender traits and behaviour characteristics were determined by the mother's hormonal profile while in the womb.

If this could be a realistic outcome, reproduction after steriod use is a very scary thing to me.

I haven't read the book yet, but the following was a recommended read:

Sperm Wars: The Science of Sex
Amazon.com: Sperm Wars: The Science of Sex: Robin Baker: Books

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
If she wants proof, all he needs to do is pump her full of it, hehe. I think I'm living proof. I had my girls about 10yrs ago. After that the doc told wifey she couldn't have any more. I never got checked, but I figured it could also be me. Anyway, I got wifey pregnant while on m4ohn and I think it acctually helped me do so, hehe. So we're expecting mid Apr.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
It doesnt mean that it will happen in all cases, but it increases the possibility of imbalanced xy chromosome arrangement particularly if there is a familial genetic predisposition. All is not lost for these people though, they can lead normal lives, marry, have children, but outside help is needed at an early age (medical and psychiatric) There are many people born with turners syndrome, or congenital adrenal hyperplasia that adjust well. These conditions can also be detected and corrected before birth