Cancer Help *sigh* (not me)

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
So my fiancés mom just told us she has a couple lesions that they don't know what they are blah blah blah.

(I say blah blah blah because my mom passed away from Cancer when I was 19).

We don't know if she has it for sure but, she probably does more than likely.

So my question is, how should I be there for everyone?

I'm pretty numb to it all but I don't think I should be that way for my fiancé.

Just saying, Jesus ****ing Christ...

FFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK IIIIIIITTTTTT AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Jesus tit ****...

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
As someone who has seen way too much of this, 5 aunts on my mothers side, both grandparents passed from it, two cousins, and a close friend,

I can say it varies immensely between people and honestly I think you should feel it out and respond accordingly. Some people want friends/family close and supportive and others get so depressed they don't even like it mentioned and become anti-social.

Regardless you should be there, no one should be alone, but they may just want you to keep being a friend and act normal, or they may need the emotional support and reassurance.

Laughter is the best medicine, it really does help people in any mood/situation. From joking with them to sharing a funny video, get them to laugh and it will clear their head of negativity at least a while.

I hope this turns out to not be cancer, but my thoughts are with you regardless brother.

Just as much as comforting her you should be worrying about your girlfriend, be there for her

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
As someone who has seen way too much of this, 5 aunts on my mothers side, both grandparents passed from it, two cousins, and a close friend,

I can say it varies immensely between people and honestly I think you should feel it out and respond accordingly. Some people want friends/family close and supportive and others get so depressed they don't even like it mentioned and become anti-social.

Regardless you should be there, no one should be alone, but they may just want you to keep being a friend and act normal, or they may need the emotional support and reassurance.

Laughter is the best medicine, it really does help people in any mood/situation. From joking with them to sharing a funny video, get them to laugh and it will clear their head of negativity at least a while.

I hope this turns out to not be cancer, but my thoughts are with you regardless brother.

Just as much as comforting her you should be worrying about your girlfriend, be there for her
Thanks a ton for the info and I agree man.

My mom passed, grandma, grandpa, step grandpa, and a family friend. It's ridiculous how crazy this **** is.

Thanks for the advice again. I'll try and make them laugh and stuff. Maybe find some videos.

After my future mother in law left last night my fiancé cried all night and then this morning.

It sucks cause I'm right back in the same ****ing boat... Nothing I can really do changes anything and that was the worst feeling when my mom passed.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
My mom passed from brain cancer and personally i just wanted to be left alone at the time. It took a year or two for me to snap out of it hence why I started college late. All you can do is be there for moral support because the situation can't be controlled or helped by you or anybody else, which is what makes it so hard. Personally I would keep her occupied with something else until you are forced to confront it. Hope for the best for you and your fiancés mother and family. Prayers are coming your way

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
My mom passed from brain cancer and personally i just wanted to be left alone at the time. It took a year or two for me to snap out of it hence why I started college late. All you can do is be there for moral support because the situation can't be controlled or helped by you or anybody else, which is what makes it so hard. Personally I would keep her occupied with something else until you are forced to confront it. Hope for the best for you and your fiancés mother and family. Prayers are coming your way
Thanks brother.

Wow I knew cancer effected a lot of people but damn... It's just crazy. To bad we don't know what causes all of this.

Me to bro. I failed a semester of school and took the next semester off when my mom passed.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Prayers that everything will be ok. From a girl's point of view, be there for her. Hold her close and listen to her. She needs your strength. If she gets frustrated or angry, try to understand. She feels extremely helpless. Hold her hand and don't let go.... :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Excellent response and I agree with all of it.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Prayers that everything will be ok. From a girl's point of view, be there for her. Hold her close and listen to her. She needs your strength. If she gets frustrated or angry, try to understand. She feels extremely helpless. Hold her hand and don't let go.... :)
Thanks for the response!

It means a lot to me!