Psoriasis help...

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i was wondering if anyone has any info on treatment(s) for psoriasis? my brother developed it bad on his arms/legs/back about 2 months ago just out of the blue. the doctor gave him some topical, but its not working. he tells my brother that is will clear up by the summer, but i dont believe that. weeks turn to months and months turn to years...that **** is nasty and i want him better because i feel he will develop some sort of depressed state from it when he doesnt get it fixed.

ive heard of apple cider vinegar, but who know with all the herbal remedies out there...

any help or direction would be greatly appreciated....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was wondering if anyone has any info on treatment(s) for psoriasis? my brother developed it bad on his arms/legs/back about 2 months ago just out of the blue. the doctor gave him some topical, but its not working. he tells my brother that is will clear up by the summer, but i dont believe that. weeks turn to months and months turn to years...that **** is nasty and i want him better because i feel he will develop some sort of depressed state from it when he doesnt get it fixed.

ive heard of apple cider vinegar, but who know with all the herbal remedies out there...

any help or direction would be greatly appreciated....
http://www.psoriasiscured.com/

http://merryclinic.com/

http://www.psoriasis.com/

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks T...i was really hoping someone could post some info on a product that worked for someone they know....there is a lot of BS out there.

Andrew69

Board Supporter
Awards
I had (and still get from time to time) an outbreak on my back. I used a antifungal cream (even though the "scientific community" says its not fungal) called Canestan.

The active ingredient is clotrimazole (200mg 1%w/w). After trying all kinds of other (expensive) crap for a long time (years), this (very cheap OTC) cream made most of it disappear within three days!
Im sure you get can it OTC in the US as well.
Hope this helps :)

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks andrew...ive heard of canestan. im going to look into it some more.

if anyone has anymore pointers, it would be much appreciated...

theface

theface

Awards
  • Established
I just posted my personal theory on psoriasis and bodybuilding. I hope it can be of some assistance. By the way, I'm sorry you have to deal with this disease.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
It affects each person differently. I figured since I was going to change my diet and be more healthy it'd help it, but it hasn't. I've been on most of the treatments for 15+ years, the only one that helped the most was UVB treatment. I've done UVA with horsepill, UVB, all the creams, tars, and even a med that could screw up the liver which I stopped after a couple of weeks. Sometimes it just clears up on it's own, but if you get sick or an infection, it flares up :(