Psoriasis help...

1. Board Supporter
    Answers

Psoriasis help...

i was wondering if anyone has any info on treatment(s) for psoriasis? my brother developed it bad on his arms/legs/back about 2 months ago just out of the blue. the doctor gave him some topical, but its not working. he tells my brother that is will clear up by the summer, but i dont believe that. weeks turn to months and months turn to years...that **** is nasty and i want him better because i feel he will develop some sort of depressed state from it when he doesnt get it fixed.

ive heard of apple cider vinegar, but who know with all the herbal remedies out there...

any help or direction would be greatly appreciated....

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by t_dot_porkchop
    i was wondering if anyone has any info on treatment(s) for psoriasis? my brother developed it bad on his arms/legs/back about 2 months ago just out of the blue. the doctor gave him some topical, but its not working. he tells my brother that is will clear up by the summer, but i dont believe that. weeks turn to months and months turn to years...that **** is nasty and i want him better because i feel he will develop some sort of depressed state from it when he doesnt get it fixed.

ive heard of apple cider vinegar, but who know with all the herbal remedies out there...

any help or direction would be greatly appreciated....
    http://www.psoriasiscured.com/

http://merryclinic.com/

http://www.psoriasis.com/
  3. Board Supporter
    Answers

thanks T...i was really hoping someone could post some info on a product that worked for someone they know....there is a lot of BS out there.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Answers

I had (and still get from time to time) an outbreak on my back. I used a antifungal cream (even though the "scientific community" says its not fungal) called Canestan.

The active ingredient is clotrimazole (200mg 1%w/w). After trying all kinds of other (expensive) crap for a long time (years), this (very cheap OTC) cream made most of it disappear within three days!
    Im sure you get can it OTC in the US as well.
    Hope this helps
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

thanks andrew...ive heard of canestan. im going to look into it some more.

if anyone has anymore pointers, it would be much appreciated...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Answers

I just posted my personal theory on psoriasis and bodybuilding. I hope it can be of some assistance. By the way, I'm sorry you have to deal with this disease.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Answers

It affects each person differently. I figured since I was going to change my diet and be more healthy it'd help it, but it hasn't. I've been on most of the treatments for 15+ years, the only one that helped the most was UVB treatment. I've done UVA with horsepill, UVB, all the creams, tars, and even a med that could screw up the liver which I stopped after a couple of weeks. Sometimes it just clears up on it's own, but if you get sick or an infection, it flares up
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
  2. Need Help: I got Sore Nipples!
    By Big Masa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 12:31 AM
  3. Help Asap
    By shanesurfs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-07-2002, 05:31 PM
  4. Need some help with tight hamstrings