Hillbilly told me today Pizza hut was the best pizza.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
So some douchebag hillbilly actually told me that the best pizza he ever had was Pizza Hut. Then he told me a couple minutes earlier that he's been to Italy four times and the pizza sucks over there.

Wow, just wow.

First of all, who the **** would eat Pizza Hut compared to a Pizza made over a Fire in an oven with the freshest ingredients known to man? The way pizza is cooked in Italy is heaven.

Am I going crazy here? I swear as the years go by tastes go down the drain. Especially when it comes to people in America.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sadly as the economy continues to tank many restaurants have began cutting corners and the food all sucks.

I'm from outside Chicago, so you can guess what my pizza preference is.

Besides Chicago style, best pizza to me is homemade, with fresh ingredients, and letting my daughters help create and cook it.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Reason for this post is that I just can't hold accountable an opinion when he says that Pizza Hut (Full of processed junk and fake meats) is better than a homemade pizza cooked over an open fire with the freshest ingredients you can possibly use. Its comical to me to be honest with you.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The origins of pizza and the styles we have today are miles apart. It is now crafted more to local and regional cultures and tastes.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_pizza

BTW where did you get your red brick oven? what sort of wood do you use and what temperature do you keep it. Where do you get all your non-processed fresh meats, cheese, flour, yeast, water and produce for the freshest ingredient home made pizza that you make?

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
If you go to Italy they cook over an open flame in a brick oven and sometimes they dont' even use an oven. They just cook over fire. There is a great book that is called "Seven Fires." Its a very interesting book that teaches you how to cook many recipes over fire.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
I have relatives in California that moved here from Italy and they have everything as they do back home in the old country.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best is subjective but it also happens to be Jimmy's in Bensonhurst Brooklyn.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I hate Italian pizza.. It isn't the same as American pizza.

madripper32

madripper32

Awards
  • Established
The best is subjective but it also happens to be Jimmy's in Bensonhurst Brooklyn.
I'm an L&B guy myself that Sicilian pie is the best I've had. I like a good Boardwalk pie from the jersey shore too.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Sicilians put sugar in their sauce. Sauce is supposed to have a little kick to it in my opinion. If you go to the central region of Italy, which in fact is known as having the best Italian food, they don't use sugar.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
For what its worth, there was a pizza place where I went to school in South Carolina. Wood-fired brick oven (obviously), but they didn't even own a freezer. All fresh, local ingredients. Plus 20+ bars on tap. Heavenly.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Frank I can understand why its good. It was cooked over fire. That is the secret! Plus the fresh ingredients.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Frank I can understand why its good. It was cooked over fire. That is the secret! Plus the fresh ingredients.
It isn't a secret if people know about it lol. It is all dependent on user and taste buds

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
I like everything cooked over fire.

Throw a steak in the oven and broil it. Then take a steak and cook it over fire. I guarantee you will like the one cooked over fire more!

CobbledPath

Awards
it's the same here in Australia, I've been to Italy 3 times and I prefer a good Aussie Take Away pizza. We also have a lot of 'traditional' Italian pizza places that out bugger all meat on the pizza and charge over $20 for it.. Hail good pizza!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I prefer tony's microwave pizza or pizza hot pockets

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
people these days are largely incapable of tasting subtle flavours and also many do not like a lot of spices. people not liking garlic, rosemary etc.
pizza hut is something that does not stimulate the senses which seems to suit a roboti modern culture.
i am actually afraif of offering my tomatoe sauce to too many people because if they woud not like it, i would freak out.

it is made with onion, garlic, rosemary, red wine, chopped canned tomatoes, oregano, thyme , harissa, salt and just a little sugar. it also takes about 30 min. to cook.
one can argue that taste varies, but i have found the most open minded people like amost anything flavorfull, while people who have a very narrow routine to their life dislike a large amount of things and a very picky on certain things.

btw that is just the base. if i make it for pasta i add mushrooms, maybe some capers, artichokes, olives etc.

in my experience in germany everything is very much acking in flavour and people seem to like it that way.