Why I bodybuild..

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Just some thoughts I was having while depleted as hell leading up to nationals in 1.5 weeks....Why do I love bodybuilding? I get asked that a lot…I’m not naturally a showy person, more concerned with substance than appearance. ..What I love about bodybuilding is the process, the pursuit of an ideal, finding ways to keep getting better. You’re never done. There are always ways to improve. It takes grit and dedication and sacrifice; finding strength you didn’t know was there again and again. I try to live my life the same way: always growing, always changing. Even though the sport is judged on aesthetics, make no mistake, it is mental endeavor. What is bodybuilding to me? It’s daily a realization of how incredible these biological machines we inhabit truly are, and that we are all only scratching the surface of our potential. It’s a physical manifestation of growth, improvement, mastery of oneself body and mind. It’s shaping my body to my will, by first reshaping my mind and actions. It is at once, forcing my body into something extraordinary and also by knowing and listening to it, working with it. Fighting the balance that your body longs for, then creating it anew at a higher level…On the surface, bodybuilding seems all about excess. But I believe there is a balance and a flow that must be found for success. My life is an experiment in growth. And bodybuilding is my sport.