Little Man

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
You got your s from SB too. That's wierd...your right small world.
Boo is from Bubba (RIP) and Ugi. In a few years I am going to get another one. I don't know if I should stay with Mayday line or branch out to a Virgil or a Burns. I was going to get a Mugger pup, but was told they were super intense! How's your Pit around other dogs?

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Is there an encoded message here?
No. :lol: Little MAn has a Pitbull from the same breeder I do. The breeder has diffrent dog lines: Mayday, Burns, Virgil, Jackson. Which have diffrent attributes. I have a female pitt from the Mayday line. Little MAn has one from the Virgil line.
And I posted in this section because we we're hijacking a thread in the anabolic section.

size

Awards
  • Established
Pitbulls are nice dogs. It is unfortunate that they have been breed/trained to be mean fighting dogs.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I'm scared of them. Most people who own them are kids and they think of the dog as a weapon and not an animal.
Properly bred and trained Pitts are one of the safest dogs to have around. When the pittbull was evolving dog men used to breed out traits they found "undesirable". And one of the top one's is man agression. They did not want a dog to turn on them when they would jump in the pit to seperate the dogs. That is why a properly bred pit is a horrible watchdog. Don't get me wrong, if you have one and someone breaks into your house and threatens you or your family...watchout. But if left alone they wont guard your house. If you want a guard dog go with: Belgian Milonise (sp?), Presa Canario, American Bulldog, German Boxer, and there are a few others.

speakle

DONT F$*# WITH MY NUTS!
Awards
I am scared o fthem too. I have heard so many stories about them killing children. While on vacation in new mexico in december I heard on the news that a little girl was killed by 2 of them that got out. The owner was prosecuted because the cops found she was breeding them to fight. Pittbulls are now outlawed in the entire state. The idea of dog fighting is horrible. 2 dogs tearing the crap out of each other just doesnt appeal to me.

Little_Man

Awards
To everyone that has posted on this thread...I have owned

many different breeds,from Rottweilers to Cane Corso. I
have worked with Presa Canarios, shepards and bandogs.
To me a well bred pit is the most lovable and dedicated
breed to humans that you are ever going to come across
With that said you have to understand where this breed
came from and what it's original purpose was. All the idiots
that you will come into contact with that have pits that
seem man aggressive are not what the breed with meant to
be.

LCSULLA

Originally I thought I wanted a mugger pup. I have seen
mugger on many occasions and he is an incredible pit but,
J thought his pups might be a little to hot for my house,
since I have a few other dogs( male and female ). Uno
has shown me nothing but good dogs so I decided to go
with the virgil line. My Pit, Little Man is not good with
the male Cane Corso that I have. We have to keep them
separated. Even though the Corso is twice Little Man
size they will dance if they get the chance.

Little Man is going to be 2 this year and I might be looking
find a good female for him. I would definitely buy another
from SB but I would have to buy an adult and I don't think
I want to spend that kind of money.

I would be interested in talking to you in person and seeing
some pics of your girl. You can email me at [email protected].

Later Little Man.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
These dogs aren't going to attack people unless they are trained to do so, or just abused. It's not the dogs fault it's the people raising them.

I used to have a pit and it was a great dog. Only thing is it seemed to be able to sense fear and would react to it, but it never hurt anyone.

I can't wait to change my living situation so that I can get another one.

Little_Man

Awards
Sticks,

I agree 100%. I am not sure if my pit would bite a person
even if I was getting my a** handed to me. The only thing
that I would stress to a new owner is that this breed
seems to have a very strong prey drive, so if you have other
animals that your pit might see as prey there might be
a problem.

Little Man

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Sticks,

I agree 100%. I am not sure if my pit would bite a person
even if I was getting my a** handed to me. The only thing
that I would stress to a new owner is that this breed
seems to have a very strong prey drive, so if you have other
animals that your pit might see as prey there might be
a problem.

Little Man
But if you raise them with other animals they will normally not do anything to them. For example our pitt and farrett play together. The farrett bites the **** out of her, but she does not make a sound nor does she react. She just nudges the farrett some more. But if she see's another animal: cat, squirrel she will start a huntin.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I am scared o fthem too. I have heard so many stories about them killing children. While on vacation in new mexico in december I heard on the news that a little girl was killed by 2 of them that got out. The owner was prosecuted because the cops found she was breeding them to fight. Pittbulls are now outlawed in the entire state. The idea of dog fighting is horrible. 2 dogs tearing the crap out of each other just doesnt appeal to me.
Many of these stories are not Pitts but mutts. I even know of a person that called up a news station and told them he was attacked by a dog. they told him to call the humane society. He called back the next day a told them he was attacked by a pitt and two crews showed up. A pittbull attack is bigger copy then a mutt.

And fighting them is a horrible crime. But I'll tell you something, when I was looking into dogs i researched the hell out of pitts. Two things. The pitt you see in a rap video...are not real pitts. They may have some pitt blood but they are not real pitts. Second is that the pittmen that developed the pittbull developed the perfect dog. Stong, loyal, brave and loving, and has a ton of game. And I'll tell you somthing else. The origional pittmen would have nothing to do with the guys who fight dogs today. They almost never let there dog get more then a few scratchs then call it quits. Every goal is to get the other dog to quit. Most of the dogs never died. I still do not agree with it and I know I could NEVER fight any dog I own, (I even get concerned that I may roughhouse with her to hard). But it was a differnet time then and I am always a little thankful that they developed such a great dog.

Little_Man

Awards
Unfortunatly I think this breed is misunderstood and used as a

scape goat whenever necessary. There are too many half truths
that are taken as gospel that this breed will always have an uphill
battle to fight as far as public perception is concerned.

size

Awards
  • Established
I like pitbulls/staffordshire terriers. i think they are beautiful and fun dogs. My issue is that people get them for being status symbol rather than for being a good loyal dog. It is a shame. :(

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
anyone ever see Best In Show??

:lol:

Sorry but too much dog talk and I immediately go back to this movie :D With that said I like border collies, damn they're smart :)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i have a jack russell terrier, smartest dog i've ever seen.