Rest between groups?

degilbert

Awards
How long should I rest between groups? I have heard so many different ideas. The problem is. I do arms on Monday , by Wednesday I am healed and ready to do them again. But I keep hearing that I should wait. It's the same for every group!!!! I really want to do each group twice a week. Am I hurting myself if I do? I take in about 170 grams of protein every day, creating 189, and a vitapak. Any ideas?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think a good rule of thumb is 48-72 hours. Just because you're not sore does not mean you're not recovered completely. Why not do something like legs twice a week instead of arms?

degilbert

Awards
I'm not just doing arms twice a week. I just used that as an example . But I think waiting 72 hours sounds like a good plan. I have been waiting 48. I know I need to change something because I have hit the wall. I will try waiting 3 full days. Thanks for the input.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't forget that even on days you aren't hitting a muscle group directly, triceps for example, they will get hit when your do chest and shoulders. If you have an arm day, I would just stick with that once a week and then do an exercises for triceps on the day you hit chest.