well I poisoned my body last night

1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.97%

well I poisoned my body last night

Man I went out with the boys last night and had a few pints it was nice last night but today I feel like **** for drinking oh well its not like I am on or anything now and I finished up pct a while back just had more than I shoudl of

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.01%

so did i man! i have a feeling that alcohol is a lot worse for us than we think. i was hurting bad today. my body was just screaming at me trying to tell that alcohol is bad. its probably the most catabolic thing by far. i feel like i loose weeks in the gym in one night out. i am never drinking again
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

How much did you guys drink?! When I was your age I used to drink all night and go to PT in the morning. It wasn't fun but you guys sound like your ready to die.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.19%

I've completely lost my tolerance. I had a beer and two shots of tequila last night and woke up with a massive hangover. I haven't been drinking much if at all for the last couple years except for a party here and there around the holidays. No time for it anymore is really what it is. I honestly think I felt like this when I was younger after a night of drinking, but since I had no responsibilities, no bills, and nothing in general "to do," it was easier to deal with. So I've essentially given up drinking in the same way I gave up weed in college. I just don't have the time or patience for it these days.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.97%

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    How much did you guys drink?! When I was your age I used to drink all night and go to PT in the morning. It wasn't fun but you guys sound like your ready to die.
    well my tolerance is in the ****ter. I have been trying to be a flawless bodybuilder for the last 2 years. I am the guy at the kegger with a gallon of water totin around. Last night I had

1 pint hoegarden
    3 pints Coors light
    2 pints Abita Turbo Dog
    1 pint Guiness
    and a Steel Reserve Tall boy for the drive home

I did all this in about 6 hours but boy it hit me hard
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.65%

Thing is when you don't drink a lot you'll get those nasty hangovers. If you drink atleast 2-3 times a week your body is used to dealing with the toxin (alcohol) so you don't get those nasty pains and headaches. I myself have run into this problem. I can still drink like a fish with my usual saturday night consisting of a half case of lager for pregame then off to the bars for nothing but liquor. My oh my how I pay for it. But hey your only young once so I say live it up, just don't over do it.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

my best gains in the gym were when i was an alcoholic. when i was in the corps, we would get tore up from the floor up 3-4 times per week. hit the gym the next day, and damn near always hit PR's. no supps, no AAS, just beer and cheeseburgers.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.57%

I am a light weight...geesh!!! I went out last night and I had 2 drinks I was HAPPY!!!! than I got tired and than what happens to us all ( i think) horny.....LOL so home i went and went to bed... No more drinking for me till I have a boyfriend......heheheeh Kidding...
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.01%

i really cant tell you how much i drink but i can tell you how much money i spent on booze when i look at my wallet the next morning and all i got left is like 3$. jagermeister and czech beer can tear you up. hahaha wrangler girl is a happy, horny, bouncing, bodybuilding, special education teacher. now that is an impressive resume
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    my best gains in the gym were when i was an alcoholic.
    LMAO!!! That's classic man...lol.

I honestly am starting to think that catching a nice buzz twice/month with alcohol is actually doing me good as long as I don't overdo it. Seems like it reduces that stressball that's built up all week from work and things.

I'm the same way. I gotta have that water anytime I'm out. Most people just think it's a drink though so I don't catch any flack. I'm actually still debating right now if I should go out and hit up a bottle of vodka I have sitting before me. I usually just take 8 shots to the head of vodka in one BIG gulp and then chase it with a beer. After that I just sip on water, and enjoy the rest of my night. Although I'm only in week 5 of my PCT, so probably just gonna call it a movie night.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.62%

my best gains in the gym were when i was an alcoholic. when i was in the corps, we would get tore up from the floor up 3-4 times per week. hit the gym the next day, and damn near always hit PR's. no supps, no AAS, just beer and cheeseburgers.
    No **** right. I haven't touched the sauce since I got out last year. Actually, the last time I got ****ed up was over in Iraq (that was a no-no, but I was losing it). There are some motha ****in alcoholics in the corps man. You'd go on PT runs in the morning and the entire formation smelled like alcohol.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Monkey
    Last night I had

1 pint hoegarden
    3 pints Coors light
    2 pints Abita Turbo Dog
    1 pint Guiness
    and a Steel Reserve Tall boy for the drive home
    I hope you didn't drive home after all of this.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    No **** right. I haven't touched the sauce since I got out last year. Actually, the last time I got ****ed up was over in Iraq (that was a no-no, but I was losing it). There are some motha ****in alcoholics in the corps man. You'd go on PT runs in the morning and the entire formation smelled like alcohol.
    lol, yeah, i remember that. about a mile in, you can tell who drank last night by how much they're sweating. good times.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.5%

Drinking is just like lifting, its all about practice, if you practice 3-4 times a week you are rarely as sore the next day, compared to if you havent "practiced" in weeks.

Sadly due to height/weight, genetics and "college practices" my tolerance has shot through the roof. I'm up to easilly taking down a bottle of smirnof a night. I'm a little worried but i'm still under more control than some of my housemate. Ohh well its college.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I remember these days, lol. I still can't figure out running a pft after an allnighter at the baracks.

16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.57%

Quote Originally Posted by hogiejoe
    i really cant tell you how much i drink but i can tell you how much money i spent on booze when i look at my wallet the next morning and all i got left is like 3$. jagermeister and czech beer can tear you up. hahaha wrangler girl is a happy, horny, bouncing, bodybuilding, special education teacher. now that is an impressive resume
    LOL thank you so much !!!! and keep tuned soon to be on TV, my best friend is on the sci fi show taps....I will be making a guest appearance in the next few months...so keep watching....LOL ( you can really see my pouch and heffalump butt)
  17. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.97%

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    I hope you didn't drive home after all of this.
    Oh no my somewhat sober friend did. I can't chance a DUI and burn my security clearance
  18. I know nothing...
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.3%

Awesome! Make sure you let us know when we should look for your "little bitty pouch"
  19. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by RaginT
    Drinking is just like lifting, its all about practice, if you practice 3-4 times a week you are rarely as sore the next day, compared to if you havent "practiced" in weeks.

Sadly due to height/weight, genetics and "college practices" my tolerance has shot through the roof. I'm up to easilly taking down a bottle of smirnof a night. I'm a little worried but i'm still under more control than some of my housemate. Ohh well its college.
    Absolute(ly) agree with you there. Tolerance will increase with practice. I remember when a six would work and then a twelve. But before long and eighteen was right around the corner and then high % alcohol (ice, etc). Then in a heartbeat...hair of the dog was a regular breakfast. I remember the first morning I had a pint of Captain Morgan for breakfast to kick start my morning from the eighteen Ice Houses that I passed out on the night before. I proceded to drink 18-24 more ice beers throughout the rest of the day...this was a work day by the way.

Moral to the story...practice will make perfect. A perfect alcoholic. You have a huge tolerance for your age. This is stage one-two of the progression of alcoholism. But, one day out of nowhere...tolerance will be gone. You wont know it until you find out...the hard way. This is early stage 3 alcoholism. Liver is no longer able to process the alcohol as it used to. With continued consumption it can go real bad real quick from there.

Not preaching at you...just sharing my experience. Be careful.

Through much research I have discovered that I am allergic to alcohol...I break out in handcuffs.

"My name is Brian, and I'm a recovering alcoholic/addict, with 37 months sober"
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.58%

Hell yeah alcohol is bad. 2 yrs ago I spent a summer on a student visa in the US and I lost 28lbs no ****. I took a grand total nights off (i.e. not drinking) that summer. Every other night is was a slab of Natural Ice beer to myself or a bottle of vodka every now and then for variety. Good times - The locals just could not comprehend how much beer a little irish student can consume and stay standing and still arrive in to work the next morning at 8am. I enjoyed it but got a serious scare when I went home and tried to lift so I've only drank once every couple of months (or even less) since then.
  21. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by nodgodbod
    The locals just could not comprehend how much beer a little irish student can consume and stay standing and still arrive in to work the next morning at 8am.
    Reminds me of an Irish joke.
    An Irishman walks out of a bar...
    ...it can happen.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.29%

Quote Originally Posted by b5150
    Absolute(ly) agree with you there. Tolerance will increase with practice. I remember when a six would work and then a twelve. But before long and eighteen was right around the corner and then high % alcohol (ice, etc). Then in a heartbeat...hair of the dog was a regular breakfast. I remember the first morning I had a pint of Captain Morgan for breakfast to kick start my morning from the eighteen Ice Houses that I passed out on the night before. I proceded to drink 18-24 more ice beers throughout the rest of the day...this was a work day by the way.

Moral to the story...practice will make perfect. A perfect alcoholic. You have a huge tolerance for your age. This is stage one-two of the progression of alcoholism. But, one day out of nowhere...tolerance will be gone. You wont know it until you find out...the hard way. This is early stage 3 alcoholism. Liver is no longer able to process the alcohol as it used to. With continued consumption it can go real bad real quick from there.

Not preaching at you...just sharing my experience. Be careful.

Through much research I have discovered that I am allergic to alcohol...I break out in handcuffs.

"My name is Brian, and I'm a recovering alcoholic/addict, with 37 months sober"
    When I went for my clearence in the early 90's an FBI agent asked me "How many times a year do you get drunk?" And I said " There are 52 weekends in a year, right?" He looked over his glasses at me and told me I was an alcholic. I just lauhged and said "I was in college what do want?" He said OK and approved me! Anyways I am not an alcholic, I go months without having a drink and then only have two or three.
  23. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    When I went for my clearence in the early 90's an FBI agent asked me "How many times a year do you get drunk?" And I said " There are 52 weekends in a year, right?" He looked over his glasses at me and told me I was an alcholic. I just lauhged and said "I was in college what do want?" He said OK and approved me! Anyways I am not an alcholic, I go months without having a drink and then only have two or three.
    You are correct, and I should clarify. I am no one to classify anyone as an alcoholic. I guess I was suggesting that it was "alcoholic-like-drinking" as opposed to being an alcoholic. It is not at all about the amount or frequency of a person who drinks that makes them alcoholic. It is more the behavior/dependency/relationship to alcohol that accompainies the alcohol consumption of an alcoholic.

I may or may not be an "alcoholic/addict" who can return to controlled and moderated social drinking/using. The behaviors, damage and consequences that I have experienced and demonstrated in my lifetime (under the influence of and from the use of substances) suggest to me that the risks of failing far outweigh the benefits however small or great they may be. I have seen enough evidence to suggest that I am an alcoholic/addict. I have seen the evidence of the changed life that I live since God delivered me from my substance abuse. Alcoholic/addict or not, I'll stay delivered...thank you very much.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.57%

Quote Originally Posted by DmitryWI
    Awesome! Make sure you let us know when we should look for your "little bitty pouch"
    yeah right its bigger than ever but sadly nothing i do will touch it and even sadder i dont care...LOL
  25. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.32%

Mixing all those diff kinds of beer/liquor will mess you up even more than just sticking to one type of drink. I started drinking in high school and am now 31yrs old. I still drink, but hav slowed down alot. Mostly just wkends. I end up having 6-12 beers. Sometimes during the week if theres a concert/special occasion or something. Guess I do it to unwind. Seems now that i\'m a little older I get worse hangovers, or like mentioned above, i just dont drink as much anymore. I\'ll give you guys a tip for hangovers....use \'Chaser\' sold at Walgreens and such. In the morning you feel like you didnt drink at all.
  26. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98%

Nothing wrong with going out and having a couple-a-three cokes. Just remember, for your sake as well as others, do it responsibly.

Similar Forum Threads

1. I won my fight last night!
    By warriorway in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 02:26 AM
  2. Capped my Cissus last night...
    By RenegadeRows in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 08:11 AM
  3. Guy died at my gym last night..
    By JonesersRX7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 02:47 PM
  4. Arnold on Leno last night. Ferrigno in HULK
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 07:57 PM
  5. Saw LOTR The Two Towers last night....
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 11:22 AM