Virus Threat?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I got this email today. I saved the attachment to my desktop but didn't open it. Norton Antivirus said it detected a virus but was unable to fix it. What should I do?

Dear Sir/Madam,we have logged your IP-address on more than 40 illegal Websites.Important: Please answer our questions!The list of questions are attached.Yours faithfully,M. John Stellford++-++ Federal Bureau of Investigation -FBI-++-++ 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Room 2130++-++ Washington, DC 20535++-++ (202) 324-3000*-* AntiVirus: Found to be clean*-* "GRAFFITI" Anti-Virus Service*-* http://www.graffiti.net
text-indictment_cit1940.zip

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Dude, DO NOT OPEN IT!!! Delete it!!

I was just watching my local new last night and they were warning people about this exact e-mail. Good luck.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
anything like that is an automatic delete on my computer...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah I found out everything on it. I looked it up but its under a different name. Its not a super bad virus. I saved the attachment to my desktop and did not open it so the warning from norton was just a warning of a threat. I didn't open it and deleted it off my desktop. I have automatic updates of virus definitions and scanned my computer and it found no virus. I also looked for the names of the files it says it puts on your computer and after searching my computer could not find any of them. Its also supposed to display a fake error message, which it didn't. So I guess its not there.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I took some unisome last night to help me sleep. I guess it kinda clouds my judgement, usually I would just delete something like that.