Question about tanning - AnabolicMinds.com

Question about tanning

1. Registered User

Question about tanning

I'm going to be spending 2 or 3 days at the beach 2 1/2 weeks from now. I have very fair skin. I have heard that if you go tanning before a trip like this you won't get burned, you will tan. Does anyone know how I should go about doing this in terms of sessions and duration. I don't want to be tan ahead of time because I am a teacher. Students will notice if I am tan, it will cause a great distraction, probably some "gay" rumors, and a ton of time will be wasted.

Any input will be appreciated.

2. Senior Member

So basically, you are trying to get a tan, without your skin changing color?
  3. New Member

Tan every other day no longer then 10 min a session b4 ur trip. If you burn take 2 days off tanning at the least.

Oh yea just use sun block at the beach and you wont burn.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    Nope, I'm trying to achieve some sort of a base so that I won't burn, but I don't want to get too much color because it will be obvious. I am white as hell right now. I don't want to come in to school toasted without having been on vacation b/c students are crazy and will get a million miles off track with the distraction. This might sound ridiculous to you, but try teaching a bunch of kids from the projects. It is not easy, and one of the keys to success is to remove any potential distractions.
  5. New Member

Start off only for a few minutes, since it is your first time to tan try 6 minutes the first time. Then work your way up 1 to 2 minutes each session after that. If you burn real easily go every other day and maybe increase your time 1 minute after that. Once you begin to get darker you may be able to increase your time 2 minutes each session until you get to 20 minutes (if you get there).
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by g4ud1n
    Start off only for a few minutes, since it is your first time to tan try 6 minutes the first time. Then work your way up 1 to 2 minutes each session after that. If you burn real easily go every other day and maybe increase your time 1 minute after that. Once you begin to get darker you may be able to increase your time 2 minutes each session until you get to 20 minutes (if you get there).
    Cool, thanks bro. I'm going to go extra easy on it, probably starting even lower than 6min. I definitely won't do more than 10.
  7. Senior Member

You should be fine with 6 minutes, even if you are fair skin. I have a slightly darker complexion, and I don't go for a couple of months sometimes, and I can still go for 16 minutes without a problem. Find a reputable place, and tell them your concerns. Wear some spf 15 or higher, and stay away from the tanning accelerators. I understand about the distraction factor. I just felt like giving you a hard time.
  8. New Member

Yeah, you might not even get anything out of 6 minutes, but it is a good way to gauge where you should start. If you don't burn from 6 minutes, try 8 the next time.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  172 lbs.

tan lotion

if you search hard enough you can find some hot deals on tanning lotion and after shower accelerator lotion. Take fish oil too.
  10. New Member

Another thing that I do is take 2000mg of PABA every day and it seems to keep me from burning. One tablet in the morning, and another before going to tan.
  11. Elite Member

Beowulf, I don't think that you would have any problems with your students... even 7th and 8th graders are not that bad.. and high schoolers are not really going to say something in class, if they do, just redirect or ignore.. trust me it is easy to deflect inappropiate questions..
  12. Registered User

Thanks for all the replies. I'll start low and use sunscreen, at least the first time. I will look into the PABA as well.

I know the distraction factor in class might seem hard to believe, but I teach some seriously ****ed up individuals, 15-16 years old with huge records, probation officers, etc., who come from environments of constant domestic violence, surrounded by drug addicts, etc. NPursuit, I am guessing based on the avatar that you are from New England. If you know Boston, my students are from Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, etc. A lot of good, talented kids, but they face more challenges than anyone should ever have to face. Of course, if I showed them the fruits of my bodybuilding labor that would probably mean more respect from them, but I'm not about to go there.
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    This was a funny reply BTW.
  14. Elite Member

that I can understand then Beo.. just take it slow and the results should be very un noticed..
  15. Banned

its not like if you go to the tanning bed you will get a dark rich "homosexual" tan right away. you might get a little rosy. they would pick up on that seriously? i realize you have already answered, i am just kind of shocked.
  16. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hogiejoe
    a dark rich "homosexual" tan right away.
    I didn't realize that melanin content was related to sexual preference ; I thought it was racial. I must be straight as hell because I am white as hell. Damn heterosexual sunburns!

Thanks for the input guys. I do think it would be noticeable if I came in tan, but regardless, I don't want to risk it.
  17. USA HOCKEY

nice avatar HogieJoe - Nolan Ryan was awesome.

on the tanning: tanning beds vary - if the don't change the lights, you won't get tan even if you stay in there for 2 hours. Others you can burn in 8minutes.
    Ask them if they change the lights
    rule of thumb - if you think your burning, you are - and get out
    Buy a good lotion to prevent the burning, you can use it outdoors too.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  18. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Thanks for the input guys. I do think it would be noticeable if I came in tan, but regardless, I don't want to risk it.
    It takes a while to get a good tan going. A few weeks at least, the most you'll get from 6 minutes is a slight burn, if even that.
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

you will be red the day after a tanning booth, not tan. The tan comes a couple of days later. I don't know your situation, but you can't just tell your kids you got some sun? Hell, they're YOUR students .

In any case, just use some SPF on your face so you don't get beet red, but I don't think 5 minutes in the bed will do much anyway...
  20. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I didn't realize that melanin content was related to sexual preference
    oh yeah melanin can make you gay its a fact but i can't post a study sorry. haha jk. i was just responding to the fact that you said the kids would start gay rumors if they saw you with a tan. crazy kids these days

nolan was the freaking man. i remember the top 5 plays of the week on sports sunday that week when he beat ventura's ass. it was like play #
    5: crack
    4: crack
    3: crack
    2: crack
    1: crack crack
  21. Registered User

I realized that Hoagie Joe, just playing off your joke.

The thing that is unique about my classes is that they are the most troubled kids in an urban school. Most kids are troubled: these are the ones who are about to fail out, etc. I have more than 1 17 year old freshman. Many are just looking for excuses to fail. It may sound crazy, but if you haven't been there you wouldn't understand it. I don't put up with sh1t from; they don't give me problems. We have a good relatioship, and several are really starting to shine. I just don't want to throw things off track.
  22. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hypo
    you will be red the day after a tanning booth, not tan. The tan comes a couple of days later. I don't know your situation, but you can't just tell your kids you got some sun? Hell, they're YOUR students .

In any case, just use some SPF on your face so you don't get beet red, but I don't think 5 minutes in the bed will do much anyway...
    You only become red if you stay in there too long...
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.

really? Well I like to get a little red then, the tan that results is deeper
  24. Doctor Science

didnt feel like reading the whole thread but that have burn free beds..they are a little more expensive but dont use UV rays and would probably be better for you since you have light skin.. just a suggestion.
  25. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    didnt feel like reading the whole thread but that have burn free beds..they are a little more expensive but dont use UV rays and would probably be better for you since you have light skin.. just a suggestion.
    thanks for the info
  26. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

the tan that results? no, you still burned yourself; a sunburn doesnt turn into a tan, thats a myth... you've still damaged your skin...

might want to do a bit more research on this
  27. New Member

good way to develop skin cancer
  28. New Member

go to a reputable salon, and ask if they have any high pressure beds. most salons have at least 1 or 2 beds that are a 10 or 12 minute maximum, but that are also 98% uvb free. much better for fair skinned types... allows you to tan up quick and deep without almost any chance of burning. it should only take you a few sessions... go like every third day or so. i manage a tanning salon and even though the tans will be more expensive this way, it's your best option.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Want to ask a question about injectables.
    By CROWLER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 12:18 PM
  2. Basic questions about HGH
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 05:07 PM
  3. question about sodium content in foods
    By hamper19 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 06:22 PM
  4. Question about T-1 Pro??