Strapless HRM?

• Thread starter ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
  • Start date

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I was just wondering if anyone has tried any brand of Heart Rate Monitor that comes without the chest strap. I believe I saw one at Sears recently for like 20-30 bucks....was wondering if it is accurate and worth it, or should I just stop being a cheap ass and fork over the $50 for the name brand one with the strap (I really don't wanna put a strap on and off before and after cardio. Let me know what you guys think and which ones you own, thanks!

I would really like to buy one today so if anyone has any info please post any info pertaining to this subject. Thank you.

Does anyone even have a heart rate monitor! This would be my first one and I just want to get a good and accurate one, it doesn't have to do long division or look super cool like the Nike ones!

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I opened a thread in the exercise board as well but got no response. Your best bet is a palm over your heart for 10secs and count.

I don't know why but even with a stethascope I swear sometimes I can't hear my heart, even others have told me this. I found out the strapless was 60 at sears. If no one posts an answer then on saturday I will get one with a strap...it retails for $90 but I can get it for $45 so the price will win out on this one. I think it is a Polar or a NIKE. Any info is appreciated. I checked your thread MarcusG and surprised we asked the same question! To guys like Lean One, Str8 (Layne), Derek (Beast), Bobo, Size, NPursuit, Glenihan, Grant, what do you guys do for cardio (HIIT, Low intensity;Heart Rate Monitor, no HRM; etc......just want to get a feel for what some of the respected guys here do.

Wes Hopkins #48

Awards
I don't know why but even with a stethascope I swear sometimes I can't hear my heart, even others have told me this. I found out the strapless was 60 at sears. If no one posts an answer then on saturday I will get one with a strap...it retails for $90 but I can get it for $45 so the price will win out on this one. I think it is a Polar or a NIKE. Any info is appreciated. I checked your thread MarcusG and surprised we asked the same question! To guys like Lean One, Str8 (Layne), Derek (Beast), Bobo, Size, NPursuit, Glenihan, Grant, what do you guys do for cardio (HIIT, Low intensity;Heart Rate Monitor, no HRM; etc......just want to get a feel for what some of the respected guys here do.
My buddy had a strapless one that he wound up taking back. He wound up buying the same HRM that I have. I bought a Polar A5 about 2 years ago and it works great if that helps you out any. It should run you about $90-100 dollars. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks a lot bro.....is it a nuisance to constantly have to strap yourself up before your cardio....do you even notice! Thanks a lot bro, Marcus and I both appreciate, I am sure!

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I've got a timex HRM w/a strap for my chest. Very accurate, and not to much of a pain in the ass to put on and off. I've also got one that works w/out a strap and it's not worth a damn. I believe my timex was around 60$-65$. As for cardio I keep it low-med intensity, keeping my heart rate right around 130 bpm which is 65% of my max. I use 220-age X (desired intensity level ie. 65%=.65)

Hope that helps a little.

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
I use the Nike monitor, I think the model is Triax 15. It has a strap which I dont mind cause after a while I don't even notice it.

It's the basic model from Nike and I think you can find them on eBay brand new for about $40-50.

I highly recommend if you don't mind the strap-ons! :whip:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get the strap-on
. But for me it was easy enough doing low intensity cardio to check my heart rate at the wrist, and watch the clock. But you say you have a hard time doing this. . .

I have used the ones you have to put around your chest, and they really are not that much of a pain, besides you get used to them and you got a good deal, so why not?

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
try to feel the pulse under your neck. You might not be able to find it when you are calm but when working out/doing cardio it is very noticable. Basically feel in that little indented area on your upper neck to the side of your windpipe.

Thanks guys you have all been a real help!

Hey sticks check your PM at NP brother!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stryfe Supplements 3