Losing fat while bulking- possible?

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've only been working out for about a year and a half, so I am always trying to gain more muscle. I'm currently at about 12% bodyfat, and that's where i seem to stay no matter how I eat. I also do no cardio.

I do have a few vanity pounds to lose though. I can just barely see my top two abs when flexing if that gives you an idea of where I am at BF% wise. I also have a bodytype where i hold some fat on my legs/ass.

So my question is- Is it possible to lose these 5-10 pounds of fat while still bulking by incorporating cardio and cleaning up the diet a little bit? Or will the body always hold fat while bulking? Can you do "bulking" one day, and "cutting" the next by doing cardio and lowering your calories, or must the body be in a constant bulking or cutting mode?

Thanks for the help!

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
you CAN add some muscle and lose some fat but its a bad idea .. you'll get frustrated and not make much progress either way ... do one or the other

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
cool. I tried cutting before and hated it :) So i guess I will save it for spring break.

edit: whoops, didn't realize SB is right around the corner. Think it's possible to lose 10 pounds and keep most of my muscle in 3 weeks?