Weider Crossbow

deaconbill

Awards
I like to use free weights in my home gym but have been looking at add'l equip to add.  Been reading about the Weider Crossbow.  Although I normally distrust anything from Weider, this looks pretty good and feedback I've heard seems good, too.  Weight goes up to 440lbs.  Anyone heard anything?

pudgy

Awards
looks curiosly like a bowflex , its resistance, cant suck too bad if its not a bunch of money

deaconbill

Awards
It costs $ 650 with the weight add-on to 440 lbs.  Looks pretty solid but once again it's a Weider product.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I'd get the Bowflex so you don't have to support Weider crockery

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I'd get the Bowflex so you don't have to support Weider crockery
ill second that. I wouldnt think bowflex would cost you too much more. (thats if you are set on a homegym and not able to afford free weights, benches, racks, and all them good stuff) im not saying this cuz its a debate between weider product and bowflex, but bowflex is def. proven and worthe the money for a c"omplete" (cough) home gym. Sage

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
yep. they're really not that bad, I've seen a few before and the quality seems good for what it is... would never really trust or give that much money to Weider though

deaconbill

Awards
For the same weight and options Bowflex is three times as much.  I always thought they were overpriced.  I was hoping someone might have seen or used the Crossbow.  I agree with you about Weider but saving bucks is a good idea when possible.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
There's also that Gold's Gym machine that I sometimes see. I think it's called the powerflex or something like that. I don't know how much it costs or how it works exactly, but except for the fact that it doesn't have rods the setup looks kind of similar.

DarCSA

Awards
I have seen both infomercials and like the Cross Bow better than the Bowflex

deaconbill

Awards
Thanks for the reply.  That's what I thought too.  Still looking for someone who's seen it in person or tried it.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
i think Sears actually has it in the store... i'm pretty sure mine does... i've played around with it... i'm not fond of machines for compound work... i can spend far less and get a better free weight setup

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I tried one out at Sears just for the heck of it and the resistance felt more like a Soloflex, which sucks. I've tried the bowflex and liked it a lot better, the resistance was more consistent through the movement. If I had to build a home gym I would go with those Power blocks and a good bench though much cheaper and true weight just feels better to me. Hope that helps.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
make sure you keep a bar with heavy weight for deadlifts.... I think neither of these machines allow that excercise.

destro19

destro19

Awards
<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">The crossbow is not worth it unless you get it at a good discount.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>I work at Sears and we sold one that had been returned for $350.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>I’ve used it and demonstrated it for customers.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>I usually tell them that they can’t go wrong with a bench and some dumbbells.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Then I tell them if they still want to spend there money they can come over to my section in Lawn and Garden and I sell them a tractor.</SPAN>