Anyone going to the Arnold Classic?

JimJames

Banned
Awards
I guess that is a no... I thought some of you might be going.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Give some dudes some more time to respond! You posted like 20minutes later! I believe Lean One adn is going and I know Matt (Sledge, Designer Supps) will be going! I believe a few others as well jsut give them a chance to respond!

tattoopierced1

LO isnt going. I am going. I thought LO was going but he verified with me that he isnt... :(

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Give some dudes some more time to respond! You posted like 20minutes later!
Look at the date I started the post... 2/18. I didn't respond till yesterday... like 5 days later. I was trying to get some attention to this, as I am really looking fwd to going. This will be my first time there. Thks for responding anyway.
Who has been before? I plan on attending the expo both Fri and Sat, the men’s finals Sat night and the seminar the next morning. Anyone ever attend the seminar? Is it worth the $50?

tattoopierced1

Never been to the seminar before, but I would think it would be worth $50, but thats up to your discression... If I had an extra $50, then I'd go to the seminar...

JimJames

Banned
Awards
I was thinking the same thing... that it will definitely be worth the money.

Sorry! Didn't realize the date! It's just that so many people here ask questions and expect an immediate answer (myself included at times!). I am also glad to see that you maturely responded back and didn't freak out, as others here, or most at bb.com would have said something to the effect of, "You idiot, can't you read, it was 5 days ago I posted!" Good to have you here and welcome to anabolicminds.com!

Look at the date I started the post... 2/18. I didn't respond till yesterday... like 5 days later. I was trying to get some attention to this, as I am really looking fwd to going. This will be my first time there. Thks for responding anyway.
Who has been before? I plan on attending the expo both Fri and Sat, the men’s finals Sat night and the seminar the next morning. Anyone ever attend the seminar? Is it worth the $50?

str8flexed

Awards
I'll be there at the primaforce/scivation booth

What's up Layne, glad to see you here bro!

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Does anyone know the booth lay out? I was looking on the site, but could not find one. If anyone has a list of the booths, let me know.
Lane, I have seen you around the forums before, if you will be at the booth all day, I would like to stop by and say howdy...
MaNiaK1027, no sweat, I suck at details so I typically don't hold it against others. I am cool...
Is anyone else going to be there alone?
all the guys that were planning on going with me bailled when I told them I was going to stay for the seminar on Sunday morning.

str8flexed

Awards
Does anyone know the booth lay out? I was looking on the site, but could not find one. If anyone has a list of the booths, let me know.
Lane, I have seen you around the forums before, if you will be at the booth all day, I would like to stop by and say howdy...
MaNiaK1027, no sweat, I suck at details so I typically don't hold it against others. I am cool...
Is anyone else going to be there alone?
all the guys that were planning on going with me bailled when I told them I was going to stay for the seminar on Sunday morning.
I'll be there almost the whole time, along with Derek Charlebois (aka Beast on message boards), Marc Lobliner (owner, aka Scivation on message boards), and I believe Quincy Taylor will be there too.

Look foreward to meeting you

-Layne

JimJames

Banned
Awards
F@$*K I went to get my tickest for the finals Sat night and they are all sold out... anyone got an extra?

JimJames

Banned
Awards
This is my first event and I see the pre-judging is still available... how does that compare to the finals?

str8flexed

Awards
This is my first event and I see the pre-judging is still available... how does that compare to the finals?
prejudging is where most of the actual judging is done. You won't see trophy presentations and you won't see posdowns or poses to music but you'll still get to see all the competitors.

-Layne

Hey Layne....I actually used to call BB.com my home for a long time but don't even bother looking over there except once in a blue. I now call Anabolicminds.com and Nutraplanet.com home and as of this week have signed up at like 3 different boards just to expand my knowledge. I actually have joined a few boards and forgot which ones they are! I joined Avant a couple of months ago and just started posting yesterday. I have a lot of respect for you and Derek as you are too serious, intelligent, and mature young representatives of the sport. I would be quite honored if you or Beast could post some feedback in the pic section of the pics I took. I hope to do a contest this year but always fear that I am too small for my frame and feel I don't have enough knowledge of Precontest and have more of a problem cutting than bulking! Thanks bro and hopefully see you on Avant!

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
I went last year, but unfortunately I can't make it this year. I actually thought the expo was the best part of the weekend. The world's strongest man and bench competitions were awesome (I saw a midget bench 600 lbs.) and there were tons of freebies, and hot chicks everywhere.

JimJames

Banned
Awards
I am just going to get my seminar ticket and look for a scalper Sat night.

I am so pumped about going, I can't wait. I am like a kid waiting for Santa to bring me some loot.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
ill be there fri and sat, to cheer on the fitness competitors,
i meen flirt, i love talking smack to ultra hotties that have to be nice to you.

look 4 the bald guy in chucks, lol

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Anybody know where to stay in Columbus? I'll be there Fri-? Driving down from Chicago with a buddy[former Mr. Universe] =)

Warthog

Awards
Anybody know where to stay in Columbus? I'll be there Fri-? Driving down from Chicago with a buddy[former Mr. Universe] =)
Riskarb,

I live in Cbus and can tell you this, that any hotel down town is/will be pretty much booked. What way are you coming into town and ill try to help you out. You can get a hotel off the polaris exit which is off of 71, or theres some hotels off of 270 depending on where your coming from. Pretty much 270 runs a circle around Cbus so you can get a hotel off of almost any 270 exit that circles the city. Cbus has to be the easiest city to commute to. Theres almost no way to get lost bc its all a cirlce!!

Let me know more specifics and ill try to help you out.

By the way, Ill be there Saturday for the Expo :drunk:

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Riskarb,

I live in Cbus and can tell you this, that any hotel down town is/will be pretty much booked. What way are you coming into town and ill try to help you out. You can get a hotel off the polaris exit which is off of 71, or theres some hotels off of 270 depending on where your coming from. Pretty much 270 runs a circle around Cbus so you can get a hotel off of almost any 270 exit that circles the city. Cbus has to be the easiest city to commute to. Theres almost no way to get lost bc its all a cirlce!!

Let me know more specifics and ill try to help you out.

By the way, Ill be there Saturday for the Expo :drunk:
Cool Buddy... my email is my handle "@gmail.com" ... we're driving down Fri morning from Chicago -- haven't scoped the route as of yet. Thanks for the all the info, I am looking into making a reso tonight or tomorrow. We should definitely meet for a beer.

I imagined the prime hotel space near the venue would be booked solid. :rant:

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Man, Warthog wasn't kidding about available rooms... NOTHING is available downtown. The University Plaza has some rooms; it's approx. 4 miles from the venue.

tattoopierced1

I lucked out, my uncle lives in Columbus so I'm gonna crash at his place while I'm there..that helps when your broke, all I gotta pay for now is expo tickets, gas, and food....I definatly wouldnt be able to go if I had to pay for room..

JimJames

Banned
Awards
I found a place just south, it is cheap and only 10 minutes away. I found that parking is $7 a day downtown and my plan is to keep a stash of food in the car and just stay downtown all day.

I am on a tight budget so I have gone economy. The place I have reserved is the Microtel, Grove city @ $50/night taxes and fees included.

Warthog, do you know if this is a decent place to stay? Is it clean?

Warthog

Awards
Man, Warthog wasn't kidding about available rooms... NOTHING is available downtown. The University Plaza has some rooms; it's approx. 4 miles from the venue.
University Plaza is like a 3 minute drive from my apartment. Actually its one of the nicer hotels down through there. Theres a couple nice ones across the street as well, but for some reason i cant think of the names (holiday inn express?) Theres a damon's across the street from University plaza. Theres also a Applebee's across the street as well that all the college students hit up for half price appetizers and dranks. Theres a BC roosters too, which is kind of like a hooters but the girls dont dress in skimpy outfits. There just as hot, and are all college girls. Sorry, i keep referring everything to college, probably because im still in college haha

Youll be just off campus. About a 5 minute drive tops! Youll only be about 10 minutes tops from the convention center.

Warthog

Awards
I found a place just south, it is cheap and only 10 minutes away. I found that parking is $7 a day downtown and my plan is to keep a stash of food in the car and just stay downtown all day.

I am on a tight budget so I have gone economy. The place I have reserved is the Microtel, Grove city @ $50/night taxes and fees included.

Warthog, do you know if this is a decent place to stay? Is it clean?
JimJames,

Not sure on the quality of the hotel. Never heard of it to be honest. I'm taking it, that the hotel is located just off of 71??? If your looking for food, i would definately check out the Northmarket. Its one block west of the Convention center and it has the best ethnic food ever. Its an indoor market that has all types of foods.(German, Italian, Japanese, French... you name it) You should definately check it out while your down in the area. The main bars down town are in the vacinity of the Northmarket.

If you guys are looking for nightlife, your close to that as well. The better bars downtown are "Brothers" and "Gas Werks" (There right beside each other and across the street from the Northmarket) There more of a college scene with lots of ladies and scenery. Brothers has a dance floor if your into that, where Gas Werks doesnt. Theres another place about a 2 min walk which is called Frogbear. Its more up a yuppy joint where everybody is a little upity. They usually have live music inside/out depending on the weather. Its a little more expensive then the other 2 bars, but the music makes up for it. There about 8 bars in a .5 mile radius of each other. Another place that people like is the "Lodge bar". It has more of a outdoorsy feel to it. These are all college bars for the most part (even though there a 10 minute drive from the Ohio State campus) just to let u know. There all in the arena district. Its called the Arena district because Nationwide arena is down there where the Bluejackets and the Columbus Destroyers play (Arena Football). So all the bars in the area are going to be nice because there close to the arena so you dont really have to worry about going to a dive!!! (unless you like dives)

As for parking, luckily im an intern with the Bluejackets and Destroyers so i have a parking pass to the attached garage. Last year we parked just off of High St (the road the convention center is on) There should be tons of parking in the area. Nothing to worry about there.

Let me know if u guys have any other questions and ill try to help you out the best that i can.

str8flexed

Awards
Layne,

Are you guys doing any goodie bags like the other companies do??? Just curious

I don't think so; but we will have mixing machines and will keep them filled with neurostim and substance (watermelon & grape) all day and you can have as much of each as you like :)

:cheers:

Warthog

Awards
I don't think so; but we will have mixing machines and will keep them filled with neurostim and substance (watermelon & grape) all day and you can have as much of each as you like :)

:cheers:
Ah,.....the mixing machines are like heaven. Plus all the free pieces of protein bars!! Cant wait till Saturday. Wish i had a AM, or DS shirt to pimp like the rest of you. I'll be looking for you guys for sure. Its almost like a little family here!!!

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Yea, the shirt would be cool... is anyone going to be selling them there?

JimJames

Banned
Awards
Is anyone planning on meeting while there? Is anyone else interested in meeting?

JimJames

Banned
Awards
If you didn't go to the show, you missed a great time. Layne and Derek, you guys are pretty cool. Thanks for the inspiration, I have come away from the show with new goals and reenergized spirit.

I wish I could have met some of the other guys here on the forum...

Only one year till next time.

tattoopierced1

and the $10 bags at the Scivation booth were a great deal as well...

str8flexed

Awards
It was great getting to meet you guys. Thanks for stopping by our booth!

-Layne