opinion

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i know this forum mainly foucuses on ph and related issues but im liking this forum and the people's knowledge more everyday, so im wanting to ask this question on here rather than bb.com's supps section. what protein bar you consider best. taste, i know about but im looking for ones without collagen. more interested in manufacturer's brands instead of stuff like protein factory. i aint a big fan of bars but wanting some for "on the road" snacks. (ive tried several...pure protein, solid protein, designer, and others...just want your takes)

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
For bulking, for me it's Promax bars...Lemon chiffon flavor....yummy!

20g protein, 39g carb and 3-5g fat (mostly unsaturated)

no collagen, thats why I love 'em and they're about $1 each.

so whenever i feel like dropping $4 in fast food I just go buy 4 promax bars... I end up eating cleaner and I feel better for not eating shitty food :p

LG. :cool:

Y

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I rarely eat protein bars, but on the occasion I do I like Myoplex Deluxe by EAS quite a bit, 24 grams of protein only 2 grams of sat. fat. A bit high in the carb area, but hell Im bulking ;)

B

BrKonman

Awards
Best protein bar I've ever had(when bulking) and eat nearly every day, definitely is wardog's recipe. Cheap to make, tastes fantastic. I feel like I'm cheating :p Waaay better than any store-bought brand I've tried so far.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Best protein bar I've ever had(when bulking) and eat nearly every day, definitely is wardog's recipe. Cheap to make, tastes fantastic. I feel like I'm cheating :p Waaay better than any store-bought brand I've tried so far.
ya, i like the homemade protein bar idea too. i actually made couple of batches of wardogs recipe too.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established

ya, i like the homemade protein bar idea too. i actually made couple of batches of wardogs recipe too.

Wardogs Recipie?

what is this madness that you speak of?? :confused:

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
For bulking, for me it's Promax bars...Lemon chiffon flavor....yummy!

20g protein, 39g carb and 3-5g fat (mostly unsaturated)

no collagen, thats why I love 'em and they're about $1 each.

so whenever i feel like dropping $4 in fast food I just go buy 4 promax bars... I end up eating cleaner and I feel better for not eating shitty food :p

LG. :cool:
ha...i love promax bar too. i have some here from awhile back, still lying around. they have a range of flavors but still, double choc. fudge is my fav. only thing about tehm i dont like is that there too many sugar grams in there for me. but most meal replacement bars are like that. i dont consider them a protein bar cuz they are heavy on carbs. (non gyclogen im talking about)...but ya, good stuff

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established

ha...i love promax bar too. i have some here from awhile back, still lying around. they have a range of flavors but still, double choc. fudge is my fav. only thing about tehm i dont like is that there too many sugar grams in there for me. but most meal replacement bars are like that. i dont consider them a protein bar cuz they are heavy on carbs. (non gyclogen im talking about)...but ya, good stuff

I'm bulking...;)

If I was cutting I would use Met-rx extreme protein 35-37g protein and 15-17g carb (I think) and 3-5g fat.

Next summer....bring on the shreds...oh yeah!:D:D:D

B

bigbadboss101

Awards
I don't like protein bars too much. The Lean Body is nice, and most of the others are too chalky or sweet. My teeth don't like stuff that are too sweet. Mesotech wasn't bad.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I don't like protein bars too much. The Lean Body is nice, and most of the others are too chalky or sweet. My teeth don't like stuff that are too sweet. Mesotech wasn't bad.
i agree....like i said, i eat one once in awhile. but i have had some thats pretty damn good. (promax, myoplex del. pb flavor, pureprotein smores)

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i gotta tell biotest may have a winner on there hands with there new bars..i got the lemon..the carbs a little high(30 grams) but i like it

S

SteveDFW

Awards

Heh, not to step on any toes here... but I'll post the link to the bb.com post.
Wardog's Bulking Recipe... hope ya don't mind me posting the link Wardog :)

Great for bulking.
I just made a batch using vanilla Iso Whey. They are great. Even though I am cutting, I just eat half a serving (about 175 calories) and they fill you up. Really, helps with the sweet tooth cravings !!!

I think the most important thing about Wardog's bars are that they are not highly processed and made with natural products.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
i dont eat them too often myself

if I do though, i just get the MetRx Big100 or whatever the hell its called.

MetRx.......and always always peanut butter

h19

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
yes...pb. the metrx bars got alot of sugar though....the texture is unique though

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Any flavor Promax bar!!!!!!!:D