Any good body fat analyzers?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about buying a body fat analyzer, but have heard mixed reviews about their accuracy.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use the mirror. Unless you're looking to compete I've never understood the need to know a specific body fat number

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I use the mirror. Unless you're looking to compete I've never understood the need to know a specific body fat number
It can be hard to notice subtle changes when you see yourself everyday lol... If your not losing weight but you lose .5%bf at least you know your heading in the right direction.

Here2Learn33

Awards
i would just get calipers but the best way to do it is get a bod pod done theyre always around somewhere lol

Shaun235

Banned
Awards
I got an Omron handheld one, it fluctuates like 5-6% depending on your selection and maybe 1-2% for time of day.

$30 so idk, I also got a caliper, there like $6.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It can be hard to notice subtle changes when you see yourself everyday lol... If your not losing weight but you lose .5%bf at least you know your heading in the right direction.
Your correct but the digital analyzers are not accurate enough to trust .5% decrease in the reading.

I think what the other guy is saying is if you been doing this enough, good pictures every 2 weeks will give you a better idea if progress.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Your correct but the digital analyzers are not accurate enough to trust .5% decrease in the reading.

I think what the other guy is saying is if you been doing this enough, good pictures every 2 weeks will give you a better idea if progress.
Right, I just wanted something to help measure fat percentage, since I am prone to sleep apnea once I get past a certain fat percentage.