Shaun235

Banned
Awards
If you haven't seen it, go grab it.

Pretty sick flic.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
It's a fun movie but only about 5 minutes of the movie was actually about Wall Street. Plus there was virtually no reality base to the movie whatsoever

Shaun235

Banned
Awards
Agreed, in that aspect.

But Fun, yes it was. I didn't catch the preview so I didn't know what to expect, but it wasn't that at all.

But a lot of it was far fetched but I still laughed my ass off through half, and the other half got me thinking about how money is truly made on Wall Street and what kind of hustles or scams really go on.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Never trust a bright idea. That's all I'll say about Wall Street lol. However what I wanna know Is how did Leonardo do that scene where he's doing drugs off the hookers butt crack? Lol

Shaun235

Banned
Awards
Ha Ha Right. I had my kids in the room in the beginning of the movie when that came on, Wasn't expecting that.

I couldn't stop laughing when Jonah Hill quit his job over the 70k paycheck an then they were smoking crack. Lol

I thought I might gain a bit of knowledge from the movie in some aspect. Getting older and got money stashed but no investments. Think I'm better off hitting up Barnes & Nobles lol

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Ha Ha Right. I had my kids in the room in the beginning of the movie when that came on, Wasn't expecting that. I couldn't stop laughing when Jonah Hill quit his job over the 70k paycheck an then they were smoking crack. Lol I thought I might gain a bit of knowledge from the movie in some aspect. Getting older and got money stashed but no investments. Think I'm better off hitting up Barnes & Nobles lol
It's funny because Jonah hill actually only got 60 thousand dollars to be in that movie. Dicaprio got 10 million

Shaun235

Banned
Awards
It's funny because Jonah hill actually only got 60 thousand dollars to be in that movie. Dicaprio got 10 million
60K, I would assume he wouldn't even do a movie for that much now.

Kind of ironic now that you point it out lol

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
That's so weird considering Dicaprio and him are good friends. You'd think he would have been willing to take a pay cut to give his buddy some of the money

Shaun235

Banned
Awards
That's so weird considering Dicaprio and him are good friends. You'd think he would have been willing to take a pay cut to give his buddy some of the money
No kidding and Jonah was just on the MTV Awards thanking him and saying he was a good friend etc etc

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Yea he took the offer simply because it was a Martin Scorsese film and he may never have that opportunity ever again

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it was a terrible let down, it's a stoner comedy with qualudes...basically how high taken to wall street

leo's played such a bland character...just not a very good overall movie

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Easily in my top 5 movies. I rarely see a movie I would own, but this is one of them.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm surprised by this reaction...besides the reviews i don't know anyone who likes this movie besides one person but he's just a leo fan

i got this movie and american hustle at the same time, when the award ceremonies were going on and i thought american hustle was a lot better

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's funny because I actually learned about Wolf of Wall Street from everyone at work and friends talking about how great it was and I agree. Now, American Hustle sucked. It took us 3 times to actually finish it because it was just boring. I don't see how Jennifer Lawrence won an award for that role.

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Yeah American Hustle wasn't too good. I could not stand Jennifer Lawrence's accent in that movie. Idk if it's just me but I thought it was god awful

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe that was what I couldn't stand. She was annoying and over the top.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
If you haven't seen it, go grab it.

Pretty sick flic.
It's a great movie! I heard that there was a hedge fund manager who brought a law suite against the producer because the movie had too many similarities to him portraying him in a negative light lol