Help with competing/photoshoot prep..?

1. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.93%

Help with competing/photoshoot prep..?

Sup fellas-
    I'm going for the gold. In a few weeks I will post in the pics section about 8 months of dieting (close to 60 pounds of fatloss)..I've decided to do a photoshoot, and altho I may be a few weeks away from that very, very low bf%, I'm looking for some help with specifics to the days/week prior to the photos..Specifically water intake, tanning supplies vs. natural tan, etc...

Does anybody here compete or know of a link with some help?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro
  3. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.93%

Thanks LO!
    Anybody else have any pointers/tips?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.38%

You're welcome.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.58%

keep carbs very low starting about 5-6 days out then (assuming the shoot is saturday) thursday increase the carbs a bit, friday increase them a bit more ... saturday each as much junk as you can (Skip's infamous ****loading) seriously just gorge yourself with donuts pancakes whatever you're muscles will be out of gylcogen and this will fill them up

drink 2-3 gallons of distilled water a day up until thursday, thurs drink about 1 gallon, friday just sips every now and then, same thing saturday and starting friday use dandelion root (taraxatone) a lot every few hours as a diuretic
  6. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.91%

Great post...this exactly this info I've been looking for...i just cut 20lbs down to 7%-ish bodyfat and wanna capture on camera...I am especailly looking forward to the '****loading' day.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.04%

Damn it! That's what I've been doing wrong. I didn't know you only did the '****load' one day before. I've been '****loading' everyday during my cutting cycle.
  8. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.91%

if only that worked...I think all of America would be cut!
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    Damn it! That's what I've been doing wrong. I didn't know you only did the '****load' one day before. I've been '****loading' everyday during my cutting cycle.
    Hehehe... I like that term.

10. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Hehehe... I like that term.

I like the procedure..
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.58%

it does work really well .. but you need to be severly depleted and DRY as a bone before you start .. what i did was tues and wednesday 50 grams of carbs from oatmeal in the morning thurs and fri zero carbs (until the ****load begins at 9) ... 3 gallons of water mon-wed thurs switch to distilled 3 gallons fri 1 gallon of distilled until 2pm then cut water
    keep sodium pretty high until thursday then cut it .. this is the jist there are a whole slew of other things that i could get more into if any one wants

oh and by the way TRUST me the ****load sounds like fun but it sucks .. eating donuts, pizza, cookies, cake, etc without ANYTHING to drink is torture
  12. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.91%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    it does work really well .. but you need to be severly depleted and DRY as a bone before you start .. what i did was tues and wednesday 50 grams of carbs from oatmeal in the morning thurs and fri zero carbs (until the ****load begins at 9) ... 3 gallons of water mon-wed thurs switch to distilled 3 gallons fri 1 gallon of distilled until 2pm then cut water
    keep sodium pretty high until thursday then cut it .. this is the jist there are a whole slew of other things that i could get more into if any one wants

oh and by the way TRUST me the ****load sounds like fun but it sucks .. eating donuts, pizza, cookies, cake, etc without ANYTHING to drink is torture
    Never though about how to east all the donuts and stuff w/o a ton of water...hmmmm. I think being my first time I'm sticking with a less severe version as described in the beginning of this post and save the '****loading' for the next time I try this. One question for you is this: are there any normal supps that are taken that should be avoided the last 2 days when you start going REAL dry (multi-vitamin, creatine, NO2, glutamine, etc.)? I'm in the last week right now and want to make sure none of these will negatively impact the final cut.
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.44%

lmao!

hey, if if works so well if you do it once, imagine if you did it every day! you'll be peeled!
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.58%

Quote Originally Posted by jverch
    Never though about how to east all the donuts and stuff w/o a ton of water...hmmmm. I think being my first time I'm sticking with a less severe version as described in the beginning of this post and save the '****loading' for the next time I try this. One question for you is this: are there any normal supps that are taken that should be avoided the last 2 days when you start going REAL dry (multi-vitamin, creatine, NO2, glutamine, etc.)? I'm in the last week right now and want to make sure none of these will negatively impact the final cut.
    no reason not to take vitamins (just be sure you don't get TOO much potasium ... i never take glutamine and NO2 so i can't comment and i don't use creatine when i cut .. but i would avoid it personally

granted that is a severe version but it worked REALLY well for me and i know its worked really well for many others
    good luck with whatever you choose
  15. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.91%

Thanks for the input guys, it worked out good for my 1st time even though I felt so drained after and there's defintely room for improvement. It makes me appreciate and admire the work that people do for contest prep...yikes!

Here's are the results:
    Well...just finished cutting...be kind.
  16. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.95%

hahahahah
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 11:01 AM
  2. Help with competing
    By JohnFD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 05:43 PM
  3. College kid needs help with food prep
    By blitzkriegjim in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 01:30 PM
  4. Need help with my post photoshoot cheat/binge!
    By heavyduty in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 07:55 PM
  5. Contest Prep HELP with SD, PP, PROZ
    By bigBOZ in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 02:53 PM