Help with competing/photoshoot prep..?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sup fellas-
I'm going for the gold. In a few weeks I will post in the pics section about 8 months of dieting (close to 60 pounds of fatloss)..I've decided to do a photoshoot, and altho I may be a few weeks away from that very, very low bf%, I'm looking for some help with specifics to the days/week prior to the photos..Specifically water intake, tanning supplies vs. natural tan, etc...

Does anybody here compete or know of a link with some help?

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks LO! :thumbsup:
Anybody else have any pointers/tips?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
keep carbs very low starting about 5-6 days out then (assuming the shoot is saturday) thursday increase the carbs a bit, friday increase them a bit more ... saturday each as much junk as you can (Skip's infamous shitloading) seriously just gorge yourself with donuts pancakes whatever you're muscles will be out of gylcogen and this will fill them up

drink 2-3 gallons of distilled water a day up until thursday, thurs drink about 1 gallon, friday just sips every now and then, same thing saturday and starting friday use dandelion root (taraxatone) a lot every few hours as a diuretic

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
Great post...this exactly this info I've been looking for...i just cut 20lbs down to 7%-ish bodyfat and wanna capture on camera...I am especailly looking forward to the 'shitloading' day.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Damn it! That's what I've been doing wrong. I didn't know you only did the 'shitload' one day before. I've been 'shitloading' everyday during my cutting cycle. :blink:

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
:cheers: if only that worked...I think all of America would be cut!

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Damn it! That's what I've been doing wrong. I didn't know you only did the 'shitload' one day before. I've been 'shitloading' everyday during my cutting cycle. :blink:
Hehehe... I like that term.

:icon_lol:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
it does work really well .. but you need to be severly depleted and DRY as a bone before you start .. what i did was tues and wednesday 50 grams of carbs from oatmeal in the morning thurs and fri zero carbs (until the shitload begins at 9) ... 3 gallons of water mon-wed thurs switch to distilled 3 gallons fri 1 gallon of distilled until 2pm then cut water
keep sodium pretty high until thursday then cut it .. this is the jist there are a whole slew of other things that i could get more into if any one wants

oh and by the way TRUST me the shitload sounds like fun but it sucks .. eating donuts, pizza, cookies, cake, etc without ANYTHING to drink is torture

jverch

Board Supporter
Awards
it does work really well .. but you need to be severly depleted and DRY as a bone before you start .. what i did was tues and wednesday 50 grams of carbs from oatmeal in the morning thurs and fri zero carbs (until the shitload begins at 9) ... 3 gallons of water mon-wed thurs switch to distilled 3 gallons fri 1 gallon of distilled until 2pm then cut water
keep sodium pretty high until thursday then cut it .. this is the jist there are a whole slew of other things that i could get more into if any one wants

oh and by the way TRUST me the shitload sounds like fun but it sucks .. eating donuts, pizza, cookies, cake, etc without ANYTHING to drink is torture
Never though about how to east all the donuts and stuff w/o a ton of water...hmmmm. I think being my first time I'm sticking with a less severe version as described in the beginning of this post and save the 'shitloading' for the next time I try this. One question for you is this: are there any normal supps that are taken that should be avoided the last 2 days when you start going REAL dry (multi-vitamin, creatine, NO2, glutamine, etc.)? I'm in the last week right now and want to make sure none of these will negatively impact the final cut.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
lmao!

hey, if if works so well if you do it once, imagine if you did it every day! you'll be peeled!:icon_lol:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Never though about how to east all the donuts and stuff w/o a ton of water...hmmmm. I think being my first time I'm sticking with a less severe version as described in the beginning of this post and save the 'shitloading' for the next time I try this. One question for you is this: are there any normal supps that are taken that should be avoided the last 2 days when you start going REAL dry (multi-vitamin, creatine, NO2, glutamine, etc.)? I'm in the last week right now and want to make sure none of these will negatively impact the final cut.
no reason not to take vitamins (just be sure you don't get TOO much potasium ... i never take glutamine and NO2 so i can't comment and i don't use creatine when i cut .. but i would avoid it personally

granted that is a severe version but it worked REALLY well for me and i know its worked really well for many others
good luck with whatever you choose

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
hahahahah :type: