Bachelor party question

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I am just looking for some opinions on what some of you guys would do in my situation. One of my friends from high school is getting married. At one time we were best friends and as the years went on we drifted apart. Last time we hung out was about 2009. It had gotten to the point where we went over a year without any communication. Sometime last year I got a text from him asking my address so he could send me a save the date for his wedding. A month ago I got a call about the bachelor party. It is an all day event and rather expensive with an overnight stay at a resort.

I am looking for some of your opinions on what you would do in this situation ? There was a group of about 4 of us that were very good friends in High school and into the mid 2000's. I hear from one of them every other month and the other two, as I said go years without any communication.

I am not in the wedding party, and I am having reservations about going on this bachelor party. I feel it would be a little awkward since I barely communicate with them but I am also feel like I am obligated since we were once best friends.

Any advice or opinions would be great.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I say go for it, sounds like a good time. If you were as close as you say then it shouldn't be awkward at all, just pickin up where you left off...

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Yea go

I did this last year when my buddy came back from the navy. I hang out with him every time he gets back, but this time he invited the old high school group. We all went to a pool bar, played pool for about 4-5 hours and ordered 3 pitchers of beer between 5 of us. It was fun

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would nicely decline it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it only the 4 of you, or is it a big party? If you think it is going to be awkward and it is only the 4 of you, then I'd decline. If it is a bachelor party, then I'd go and have some fun. The last thing you want is to spend a grip of money to hang out with a few other guys you barely know anymore. You aren't 17 anymore.