Ritalin/Adderall

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Anybody here know if either of these two will show up on employment drug tests? I have a perscription for mine so I'm assuming it wouldn't matter anyway, but I'm still curious none-the-less.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't think so. I think most employment tests are for thc and amphetamines/halucinagens.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
its not a problem, and nothing is a problem if you have an Rx for it. You could test positive for Marijuana - but if you have a script for Medical Marijuana your straight.
correct me if i am wrong...

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Nothing is a problem if you have an Rx for it. You could test positive for Marijuana - but if you have a script for Medical Marijuana your straight.
I thought this same thing. How could they discriminate against you if you have an Rx? However, if you think about it from a company standpoint, they may not care if you have a perscription or not. They may not want someone working for them who take particular drugs?

I'm assuming it wouldn't be a big deal with an ADD medication like this, but I'm still curious none-the-less.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I thought this same thing. How could they discriminate against you if you have an Rx?
They certainly can't discriminate - unless your condition made you unqualified for the job (and they would have to prove this). Say, you vision was poor, you couldn't be a pilot.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
adderall does show up in a standard drug screen. it's actually pretty similar to time released meth:drunk:

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
adderall does show up in a standard drug screen. it's actually pretty similar to time released meth:drunk:
Probably the same with ritalin then.

Hmmm....I wonder if that would end up causing a problem getting hired?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
They certainly can't discriminate - unless your condition made you unqualified for the job (and they would have to prove this). Say, you vision was poor, you couldn't be a pilot.
discrimination only refers to sex, race, religion, disabilities, and age (and family status if you're talking about renting/buying a home)

they can fire or not hire you for any other reason as long as its not pretextual for any of the above stated reasons

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
adderal will show up as amphetamins, i know this for a fact and from experience. i popped on that stuff when i applied for a job a while back but i had a prescription. it made my heart skip a beat though when i heard that.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
adderal will show up as amphetamins, i know this for a fact and from experience. i popped on that stuff when i applied for a job a while back but i had a prescription. it made my heart skip a beat though when i heard that.
What did the employer say to you? Did you have to show proof that you had a perscription or did you not have an Rx?

slinger

Awards
If it really worries you dont take any before the test or if you did wait til its outta ur system,then go. .....................slinger.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
If it really worries you dont take any before the test or if you did wait til its outta ur system,then go. .....................slinger.
I don't know how long it takes to rid yourself. I'm also curious how employers approach this.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
well actually it was kind of weird because i had not taken any in a long time and it kind of shocked me. so i don't know how long it stays in your body. the company that i applied for did not even know, only the company that did the test. i gave them the name of my doctor and some other prescription info and they checked it out and then i got the job in the next week.

if you are not prescribed it then you wont get the job because you are a meth head in their book

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
if you are not prescribed it then you wont get the job because you are a meth head in their book
Yeah. I have a 100% legitimate perscription for ADD, but this is why I was concerned. I just don't want someone to think I'm a "meth head" as you said when I have a valid doctor's perscription.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Meth, crystal, speed whatever you call it is usually out of your system within 72 hours. However I have no idea about adderall or ritalin.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think it depends on how "deep" they want to go, a good rule of thumb is 60 days for most chems, except THC which is fat soluble and lingers. Having a prescription may or may not be an excuse, in most cases Im thinking its not. Welcome to the machine!

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
the company(you are applying for) only knows if you pass or fail. if you provide proof that you have a
prescription then you pass bottom line.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Well hogiejoe Im glad you got the job. I think you may be one of the fortunate few, I think the advocation of drug testing is another part of the "human being lawn mowing machine" its designed to make us less than human. I hope you consider yourself fortunate, because, in this case, you are.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
here is how a drug screening works. the company that you are applying for may be a bank or something so we will use that as an example. basically the interviewer at the bank that is in charge of the interviews has no knowledge of what goes into drug screening and neither does the bank. they hire a completely seperate drug testing company. the only way they are affiliated is by the fact that the drug screening company was hired by the bank. the bank in no way analyzes the piss.

jump foward, so the screening company finds pain killers in your piss. they then contact you to tell you that you popped for painkillers and ask if you were prescribed them. if you have a prescription then you provide information such as the prescribing doctor and a few other things. the screening company then calls your doctor and pharmacist and clears your story. if your prescription checks out then you pass and if it doesnt then you fail. then the screening company sends a report to the bank that says you passed/failed the test. in no way is the bank qualified to analyze the results of the test. the only thing the bank cares about is if you pass or fail which is determined by the screeing company.

you can not fail a drug test for something you are prescribed because you are not braking a law. ritalin/addreal/dexadrine are all very commonly used prescriptions. if you pop for coke or herion or extacy which has no place in legal western medical practices then you are finished.

ps: they are trying to legalize extacy for patients with termainl illnesses. take a trip grandma lol

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for making your point and adding to my knowledge base, the sad thing is drug testing diminishes our value as human beings. IMO it undermines our bill of rights, its a step in the wrong direction, but we can do nothing about it, we are simply helpless against the machine.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
i agree, i think you should be fired from your job for poor performance not what you do in your free time. of course if what you do in your free time effects your performance then that is different. i think a drug test when applying for a job is not too bad of an idea though.

you sound like you have had a bad experience with an employer.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for making your point and adding to my knowledge base, the sad thing is drug testing diminishes our value as human beings. IMO it undermines our bill of rights, its a step in the wrong direction, but we can do nothing about it, we are simply helpless against the machine.
I am also against drug testing. It's the insurance companies we have to thank for it. We are going thru it now where I work. We just renegotiated our contract and part of it was implementing a "drug free workplace" policy. They lower premiums on their insurance and health care if they do it.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
I am also against drug testing. It's the insurance companies we have to thank for it. We are going thru it now where I work. We just renegotiated our contract and part of it was implementing a "drug free workplace" policy. They lower premiums on their insurance and health care if they do it.
no ****! thats fucked up

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
here is how a drug screening works. the company that you are applying for may be a bank or something so we will use that as an example. basically the interviewer at the bank that is in charge of the interviews has no knowledge of what goes into drug screening and neither does the bank. they hire a completely seperate drug testing company. the only way they are affiliated is by the fact that the drug screening company was hired by the bank. the bank in no way analyzes the piss.

jump foward, so the screening company finds pain killers in your piss. they then contact you to tell you that you popped for painkillers and ask if you were prescribed them. if you have a prescription then you provide information such as the prescribing doctor and a few other things. the screening company then calls your doctor and pharmacist and clears your story. if your prescription checks out then you pass and if it doesnt then you fail. then the screening company sends a report to the bank that says you passed/failed the test. in no way is the bank qualified to analyze the results of the test. the only thing the bank cares about is if you pass or fail which is determined by the screeing company.

you can not fail a drug test for something you are prescribed because you are not braking a law. ritalin/addreal/dexadrine are all very commonly used prescriptions. if you pop for coke or herion or extacy which has no place in legal western medical practices then you are finished.

ps: they are trying to legalize extacy for patients with termainl illnesses. take a trip grandma lol
This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks bro. I figured I had nothing to worry about as long as I had a legitimate perscription, but just wanted to be sure b/c it wouldn't be worth losing a job over.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
discrimination only refers to sex, race, religion, disabilities, and age (and family status if you're talking about renting/buying a home)

they can fire or not hire you for any other reason as long as its not pretextual for any of the above stated reasons
And yet auto insurance companies are legally permitted to charge men more than they do women. That always boggled my mind.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Ive not had a bad experience, in the testing context anyway, in fact Ive yet to have a drug test, although places Ive applied to have these requirements, fortunately and unfortunately I shouldnt have anything to worry about. I think the widespread use of coke is what triggered all this fascist crap.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
By the way....a long time has passed since I originally posted this, but drug tests for employment are not problem if you have a perscription.

Basically when you go in for the test, they ask you for the meds you're on and who your doctor is. I just told them the truth and didn't have any issues. I think the main point of the drug test is to show illegal/classified drugs that are in your system that you are not under a doctor's perscription for. If you have an RX, it shouldn't be a big deal.