Arnold: Young vs Old

joetrisman

Awards

Anyone else find this depressing? Is this where bodybuilders end up? :sad:

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
the prime day picture is ridiculous..... insane.
Sage

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else find this depressing? Is this where bodybuilders end up?
Everyone gets old and everyone dies. As you get older your priorities change. While Benching 500 lbs and having 22 inch arms might be appealing to you in your 20's. Staying healthy and living as long as you can might be more of a priority in your 40's and beyond. I doubt many people in their 40's and 50's want to take the drugs to look like Arnold. They simply don't want to take the chance. They have a wife and or children.

ahsans

Awards
The picture on the right was taken very soon after his heart surgery when his doctor forbid him from exercising. It was also taken before Terminator 3. His first scene in the movie shows the shape he got into at that time.

taffer

Awards
we all know arine looks better than that now! he is awesome

btw: commando is the best movie EVER

Hellhound

Awards
Arnie trained and dieted HARD for T-3..

:box: Arnie did get into good shape for T-3. He even had a trailer on set with full gym gear inside (he trained Kristana Loken there as well). Anyway, judging from numerous pics I seen of him prior to the movie (many like the one above), I would say he got lipo and a few tucks here and there. Regardless, I bet he was heavier in T-3 than any time during his pro days. Props to Arnie. :box:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Arnold did look good in t3. As bad as arnold looked for being "Arnold" post surgery, for his age, he still looked way better than 4/5 of the flabby fat asses out there, IMHO.

Meerschaum

Awards
No its not depressing, he had heart surgery, he's getting older, he shaped up for T3 as some other guys said, he's a govenor and looks better than 90% of other people even though he's a little pudgy and old now ;)

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
He looked better in his day than todays pros IMHO.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
All things said, there is NO excuse fro those trunks.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
All things said, there is NO excuse fro those trunks.
Though a US citizen, technically he's still European. Those crazy Euro's and their speedos.

I also think he's wearing the same speedo in both pictures. :D

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
The physique he had in T3 was pretty impressive, throw in the fact that he is 56 and its amazing.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think that its simply an example of what happens to your body when you dont keep pumping iron and talking your supps. The problem with muscles is they dissipate quickly, any middle aged weight lifter knows that his body is not responding to exercise the same way it did when he was 20. These supps that were recently banned were a God send to those of us that are past their hormonal prime, didnt want to go "dark side" or spend the long dollar for HRT and workups. Its depressing to see one of your heroic idols look as if he never exercised a day in his life, but **** happens. Ill bet he still pumps iron regularly and doesnt look like that now. We dont have to wind up like that, Im over the hill and I dont look like that, it takes a lot of work, thoughtful and moderate supplement use combined with dedication. Arnold is still a role model in my eyes. Keep pumping those weights brothers!

THA GONZ

Awards
Arnold now @ age 57

He definatly looked way better in his prime then any of todays pros! Way more proportionate IMO.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting that pic it leaves a much better impression in the minds of those who were inspired by his drive to the top. He was probably the most symetric of all

punta

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In "The present pump" picture he still looks better then more then half of America, especially for his age.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you guys have T3, there is a scene in the out-takes where he lifts up his arm while holding up a gun and that **** is HUGE!

I'm not 100% sure that pic on the right isn't a National Inquirer cut/paste...

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
it might be real, but if it is i can understand why. i don't think the doc would approve of the deca/dbol before/during/after open heart surgery. i wonder how much gear arnold took to regain his physique? theirs no way a man in his 50's can rebuild himself that quick with the low T level's he's got to have.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I dunno about that, he's got super freak genetics so I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. The picture of him in his primeis amazing. You don't see that anymore these days, everyone seems to have such a swollen midsection. Back then guys would turn sideways and their waists would disappear.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I agree with CDB, you can look good without androgens or juice at middle age, it just takes work, a guy has to stay with it

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
he's not at middle age, he's in his 50's with correspondingly low T levels; and he went from that pic after heart surgery to T3 shape in an amazingly short period of time. i don't care what your work ethic is, at his age he was enhanced chemically.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Either way still looking good for his age. I watched Around the World in 80 Days last night, good movie might I add, and he had a small cameo as the prince of Istanbul. He was looking pretty big, but I was a little disappointed with his acting. A little over the top if you ask me.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I dunno about that, he's got super freak genetics so I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. The picture of him in his primeis amazing. You don't see that anymore these days, everyone seems to have such a swollen midsection. Back then guys would turn sideways and their waists would disappear.
Have you seen pictures of arnold in the late 70's when he wasn't on any juice? He looked like a normal guy. My guess is he went back on it for T-3. I agree with you though, no one not even today looks better than Arnold in his prime.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Have you seen pictures of arnold in the late 70's when he wasn't on any juice? He looked like a normal guy. My guess is he went back on it for T-3. I agree with you though, no one not even today looks better than Arnold in his prime.
Yeah, I found those pics interesting actually. Even when he was smaller and not juiced up though, he had a great physique. I'd say he may have even had better symmetry and proportion overall because his upper body wasn't overpowering his legs. They could have been a bit bigger compared to the rest of him when he was competing. As for T3, I think it's likely he juiced up for it. But he's also got a wife and kids and a fairly visible life right now that would make that harder to do. I just don't discount the possibility that he could have trained naturally and gotten pretty damn big off of just that.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i heard he used gh for t-3, looks like he may have used some juice as well

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, he was great for that. I don't know if it's the severe hormone abuse these days or the fact that thelifts have just gotten so heavy that core muscles are getting thicker, but body builders these days just don't have that physique. Even supposedly natural body builders seem to have that swollen midsection. I like the old look better.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
holy good god i saw see arnold run ... absolutely horrible! Roland (the young arnold) had gyno ... bob chick playing lou ferrigno was in offseason shape while on stage at the 74 olympia ... that actor that played old arnold was terrible ... dialogue was miserable ... just a terrible terrible terrible movie

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
holy good god i saw see arnold run ... absolutely horrible! Roland (the young arnold) had gyno ... bob chick playing lou ferrigno was in offseason shape while on stage at the 74 olympia ... that actor that played old arnold was terrible ... dialogue was miserable ... just a terrible terrible terrible movie
Yeah, I saw that was on last night. I looked at the info and saw the Jurgen Prochnow was playing Arnold and I knew that it was going to be horrible because his accent makes it hard enough to understand him, but trying to sound like Arnold on top of the accent was unbearable. I watched the first few minutes of it and then gave up...it was just too painful.