The Ultimate Fighter - AnabolicMinds.com

The Ultimate Fighter

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member

The Ultimate Fighter

Have any of you been watching The Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV? I watched the first two episodes and decided to Tivo it. Looks like it's going to be a good show. Here's the link if you want to check it out.

2. Senior Member

Yup been following it and I'm an fan of UFC/Pride. A bit of silliness here and there but its better than I thought it was going to be.
  3. Senior Member

I've wanted to check it out, but starting a show @ 11 on a weekend night is a little too late for me. I may start recording it. I hear it's pretty good.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

definatly pretty cool... i cant wait to see them start fighting each other...I want to see the smart ass on there (that pee'd on the dudes bed) get his clock cleaned....
  5. Senior Member

Tonight at 9:00PM/ET spike has a program on about making it to the top in BB'ing. I forget the name of the show. Seemed pretty cool from the previews I saw on it last night. Might have to check it out...
  6. Board Supporter

It's called Untold Stories.

EXCELLENT show.
  7. Board Supporter

Tonight's Untold Story:

Fri, January 28 @ 9:00 PM
    "Testosterone Boys" - Story of teenagers' obsession with building the perfect body at any cost.
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    Tonight's Untold Story:

Fri, January 28 @ 9:00 PM
    "Testosterone Boys" - Story of teenagers' obsession with building the perfect body at any cost.
    Yeah, okay...I remember seeing the preview for the NFL games too, definately a good watch.

Although I don't remember the BB"ers being teens? nonetheless....
  9. New Member

Leben

Quote Originally Posted by tattoopierced1
    definatly pretty cool... i cant wait to see them start fighting each other...I want to see the smart ass on there (that pee'd on the dudes bed) get his clock cleaned....
    Yeah, I'm loving the show. The fights are definitely gonna be sweet, but I have a feeling the cocky guy (Chris Leben) is actually gonna hold his own pretty damn well. He looked really good in the footage against Mike(?) on their match a few months before the show started. And I used to train (will be training again if Bobo continues to whip my ass back into shape) with some various MMA competitors, signed and unsigned... two guys actually knew and fought a few of the guys on the show, and both said they've seen Chris fight in a few matches, real good in all of 'em. Plus, he's on Randy's team... and Randy's team just has to win
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Anyone watch last nights show? Some pretty funny ****. Kind of reminded me of the **** that went on in the barracks on a friday night, especially after a long field op. Should be a good fight next week.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

i have the feeling chris will whip the **** out of josh as long as it stays a standing match ( i want to see nate fight he is a really good fight with well rounded skills standing and on the ground, to bad about his ankle)
  12. Senior Member

Last night was a good episoed. Wish they had made it into a 2 hour one. They want to hook you for the ratings next week. It worked for me. A stand up fight will be good to see, Last week was short when Diego(?) got that rear naked choke hold. I was hoping for a longer match.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

i have a feeling next weeks fight will last longer...hopefully someone will get knocked out.
  14. SJA
    dead sexy wino

In the beginning, I hated Leben. But now, I'm growing to like him. I find that I'm hoping that he'll kick Josh's ass next week. He's a cocky bastard, but definitely keeps the show interesting and he certainly is a team player now. I was laughing when he planned on losing the challenge just so he could take Josh out and handicap Lidell's team....and then they changed the rules on him. He was so pissed

I have Comcast and although the first showing is at 11:00, it shows again on Sat at 7:00 and Sun at 5:00. So check your local listings to see if there are earlier replays.
  15. Senior Member

Actually I was laughing at Leben's crying ass. He was playing pranks and intimidating others but he can't take the same. Leben's got a much better MMA record so I'll expect him to win although Koscheck looks good. Koscheck is definitely the best conditioned of everyone in the house being a D1 college wrestler.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Pretty disappointed to say the least. Josh just went for the take down and layed there on top of Chris not doing much of anything. He held back way too much IMO. He had plenty of oppurtunities to tap out Chris. And Chris who was supposed to have a "great" left hand looked pretty weak. I was waiting for a KO blow, but it never came. Chris pussed out.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Thumbs down

josh is a good high school college wrestler but a frighter he is not and chris was "suck ass i dont see how he got on the show" j/k, chris held back way to much, its like chris fell asleep in the octogon. really ****ty fight. (maybe mike swick can show chris how its done)
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

man, leben really disappointed me...he seemed to be all hype. They made him sound like such a great fighter, but apparently he isnt if he held back...
  19. Senior Member

Very disappointing fight. Chris was respecting Josh way too much, which allowed Josh to run the match at his pace. Was Josh smart by doing so? Maybe. He got the win, and suffered no injuries. However, I don't think he has what it takes if he were to go against, say, Diego, or a person who can wrestle and punch. I believe if Chris would have been more aggressive, and taken the fight to Josh, it would have been a different story. I was hoping for a round three, but I don't know if it would have helped Chris.
  20. Board Supporter

That was a VERY anticlimactic fight! Maybe Leben was trying to control his temper and take his time. I know he's a stand up fighter, but I expected a little better take down defense and at least some ground game from someone with his experience. Koscheck fought like a wrestler and held his own against a much more experienced opponent.
  21. New Member

I agree- Koshckeck definately did a good job to get the W in that fight
  22. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeep69
    I agree- Koshckeck definately did a good job to get the W in that fight
    I was SHOCKED that Leben went out like that. Way to much respect for a guy with no power. If he went after him in the first minute of the fight, it would have been over. Instead, he let Koshcheck get past his initial jitters and get into his game plan. Huge mistake.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Thumbs up

bobby and stephan fight was what the ufc is about, definitely good fight. Who do you think there bringing back?(personal im thinking jason aka strange brew or lodune) the show is now starting to get more interesting.
  24. New Member

Very good fight. I didn't think it was as close as everyone thought it was. I tought that Stephan was clearly the winner.

I think that they are bringing back a middleweight to replace the guy who is hurt. I am not even going to attempt to guess.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  222 lbs.

I think you sound like a bunch of girls who just watched the latest episode of the O.C.
  26. New Member

they are going to bring back chris I bet, That is ****ing gay.

The guy who is hurt will probably have to withdraw and they will brig Chris back, That is total Bull**** if you asked me!!
  27. Senior Member

Last night was the best fight yet. Action throughout most of it. I feel that it should have went another round. I don't believe there was a clear winner. Round-1 to Bobby and Round-2 to Stephan.

I think they are going to bring back Lodune. At least that's who I'd like to see back. They seemed to like him. However, I can see the need to bring back a middle weight.
  28. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA
    I think you sound like a bunch of girls who just watched the latest episode of the O.C.
    I know you're just jealous. Get yourself a Tivo and you won't have to miss your episodes of the Bachlorette over the U.F.
  29. Board Supporter

yeah, last night was good, that's what mma should look like. I thought round one was a draw, but Stephan had Bobby on the run most of the second round. Bobby is tough, and I know he said he didn't get hurt, but he was clearly keeping his distance from Stephan. I thought Josh (was that his name?), the guy who switched teams, was acting like a little sullen bitch about it!
  30. New Member

Probably a stupid question, but why do some of their ears look all jacked up?
  31. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by w00kie
    Probably a stupid question, but why do some of their ears look all jacked up?
    Common problem for wrestlers and fighters. It is known as "cauliflower ear" and is caused by trauma to the ear.
  32. New Member

A good piece of advice I follow -- if you ever want to pick a fight with a guy with messed up ears, think twice. Then proceed if necessary...
  33. Senior Member

Dude...Diego's da' man for his weight class. I can't remember the dudes name he fought, but he punished him, and got the submission for $5,000.00 once again. The other guy never even got a punch off.

I liked when the guy challenged Diego, then apprached him to talk about it, saying it wasn't personal or anything. Diego gave him the look like he was all business...which he was. Diego doing his yoga in the parking lot while a lightening storm was overhead, saying he was channeling its energy into himself, is why I like this dude.

Then they bring back Chris to stir up some controversy.
  34. Board Supporter

Hell of a groundNpound, especially from a submissions guy! That was brutal. Like someone on the show said, maybe Diego's sending a message, fight me and you WILL get hurt.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Do any of you guys do MMA training? I've been doing thai for about 10 years and just started BJJ. Training like that reaaaaaly makes me feel old.
  36. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I've been doing thai for about 10 years and just started BJJ. Training like that reaaaaaly makes me feel old.
    I will be starting BJJ training next month. I am going to get worked.
  37. Registered User

The guy Diego fought was Josh Rafferty, he's from Cincy. He made a mistake of calling out Diego, could've fought better. He was at the Hook N Shoot March 4th in Columbus, in my boy's corner. Rich Franklin was there as an honorary rederee for a couple fight and a judge in others, who's fighting Ken Shamrock , supposedly on the final episode of The Ultimate Fighter. Rich trains with my buddy Nick who was fighting at the Hook N Shoot. MMA is a great sport. Here's some pics I found online of my boy- Nick Ollberding, they spelled it wrong. They don't even have the person he fought correct.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/picture_...k%20Ollbending
    Last edited by D_town; 03-08-2005 at 03:32 PM. Reason: add pic link
  38. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Do any of you guys do MMA training? I've been doing thai for about 10 years and just started BJJ. Training like that reaaaaaly makes me feel old.
    I trained at a few Gracie academies, but now school takes too much time. With a background in Thai and training in BJJ, you shouldn't worry about one on one fights with your average joe.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by size
    I will be starting BJJ training next month. I am going to get worked.
    You're gonna have a blast, I didn't wrestle in HS or college so the grappling was all new to me. Start doing you sprint work now, lol.
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin
    I trained at a few Gracie academies, but now school takes too much time. With a background in Thai and training in BJJ, you shouldn't worry about one on one fights with your average joe.
    I never worry about fighting outside of a ring anymore. Now that I have a family, the legal and financial penalties would be too much to deal with. Sometimes its better to swallow your pride, not pull someone out of their car and knee them in the head until you hear their scull crack

j/k I really am a mellow guy, I think all of the MT has help keep my frustrations under control.

In case anybody is in the Atlanta area and you are looking for a place to train, these are the two places that I have worked out at.

http://velocitykickboxing.com/
    http://www.alliancebjj.com/index.htm
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Ultimate Fighter S09
    By bla55 in forum MMA
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 04:23 PM
  2. The Ultimate Fighter 8
    By daniel35 in forum MMA
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 10:46 PM