The Ultimate Fighter

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Have any of you been watching The Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV? I watched the first two episodes and decided to Tivo it. Looks like it's going to be a good show. Here's the link if you want to check it out.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yup been following it and I'm an fan of UFC/Pride. A bit of silliness here and there but its better than I thought it was going to be.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I've wanted to check it out, but starting a show @ 11 on a weekend night is a little too late for me. I may start recording it. I hear it's pretty good.

tattoopierced1

definatly pretty cool... i cant wait to see them start fighting each other...I want to see the smart ass on there (that pee'd on the dudes bed) get his clock cleaned....

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Tonight at 9:00PM/ET spike has a program on about making it to the top in BB'ing. I forget the name of the show. Seemed pretty cool from the previews I saw on it last night. Might have to check it out...

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's called Untold Stories.

EXCELLENT show.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Tonight's Untold Story:

Fri, January 28 @ 9:00 PM
"Testosterone Boys" - Story of teenagers' obsession with building the perfect body at any cost.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Tonight's Untold Story:

Fri, January 28 @ 9:00 PM
"Testosterone Boys" - Story of teenagers' obsession with building the perfect body at any cost.
Yeah, okay...I remember seeing the preview for the NFL games too, definately a good watch.

Although I don't remember the BB"ers being teens? nonetheless....

BrKonman

Awards
Leben

definatly pretty cool... i cant wait to see them start fighting each other...I want to see the smart ass on there (that pee'd on the dudes bed) get his clock cleaned....
Yeah, I'm loving the show. The fights are definitely gonna be sweet, but I have a feeling the cocky guy (Chris Leben) is actually gonna hold his own pretty damn well. He looked really good in the footage against Mike(?) on their match a few months before the show started. And I used to train (will be training again if Bobo continues to whip my ass back into shape) with some various MMA competitors, signed and unsigned... two guys actually knew and fought a few of the guys on the show, and both said they've seen Chris fight in a few matches, real good in all of 'em. Plus, he's on Randy's team... and Randy's team just has to win ;)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Anyone watch last nights show? Some pretty funny ****. Kind of reminded me of the **** that went on in the barracks on a friday night, especially after a long field op. Should be a good fight next week.

bencozzy

Awards
i have the feeling chris will whip the **** out of josh as long as it stays a standing match ( i want to see nate fight he is a really good fight with well rounded skills standing and on the ground, to bad about his ankle)

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Last night was a good episoed. Wish they had made it into a 2 hour one. They want to hook you for the ratings next week. It worked for me. A stand up fight will be good to see, Last week was short when Diego(?) got that rear naked choke hold. I was hoping for a longer match.

tattoopierced1

i have a feeling next weeks fight will last longer...hopefully someone will get knocked out.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
In the beginning, I hated Leben. But now, I'm growing to like him. I find that I'm hoping that he'll kick Josh's ass next week. He's a cocky bastard, but definitely keeps the show interesting and he certainly is a team player now. I was laughing when he planned on losing the challenge just so he could take Josh out and handicap Lidell's team....and then they changed the rules on him. He was so pissed :)

I have Comcast and although the first showing is at 11:00, it shows again on Sat at 7:00 and Sun at 5:00. So check your local listings to see if there are earlier replays.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Actually I was laughing at Leben's crying ass. He was playing pranks and intimidating others but he can't take the same. Leben's got a much better MMA record so I'll expect him to win although Koscheck looks good. Koscheck is definitely the best conditioned of everyone in the house being a D1 college wrestler.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Pretty disappointed to say the least. Josh just went for the take down and layed there on top of Chris not doing much of anything. He held back way too much IMO. He had plenty of oppurtunities to tap out Chris. And Chris who was supposed to have a "great" left hand looked pretty weak. I was waiting for a KO blow, but it never came. Chris pussed out.

bencozzy

Awards
josh is a good high school college wrestler but a frighter he is not and chris was "suck ass i dont see how he got on the show" j/k, chris held back way to much, its like chris fell asleep in the octogon. really shitty fight. (maybe mike swick can show chris how its done)

tattoopierced1

man, leben really disappointed me...he seemed to be all hype. They made him sound like such a great fighter, but apparently he isnt if he held back...

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Very disappointing fight. Chris was respecting Josh way too much, which allowed Josh to run the match at his pace. Was Josh smart by doing so? Maybe. He got the win, and suffered no injuries. However, I don't think he has what it takes if he were to go against, say, Diego, or a person who can wrestle and punch. I believe if Chris would have been more aggressive, and taken the fight to Josh, it would have been a different story. I was hoping for a round three, but I don't know if it would have helped Chris.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That was a VERY anticlimactic fight! Maybe Leben was trying to control his temper and take his time. I know he's a stand up fighter, but I expected a little better take down defense and at least some ground game from someone with his experience. Koscheck fought like a wrestler and held his own against a much more experienced opponent.

jeep69

Awards
I agree- Koshckeck definately did a good job to get the W in that fight

Wes Hopkins #48

Awards
I agree- Koshckeck definately did a good job to get the W in that fight
I was SHOCKED that Leben went out like that. Way to much respect for a guy with no power. If he went after him in the first minute of the fight, it would have been over. Instead, he let Koshcheck get past his initial jitters and get into his game plan. Huge mistake.

bencozzy

Awards
bobby and stephan fight was what the ufc is about, definitely good fight. Who do you think there bringing back?(personal im thinking jason aka strange brew or lodune) the show is now starting to get more interesting.

Wes Hopkins #48

Awards
Very good fight. I didn't think it was as close as everyone thought it was. I tought that Stephan was clearly the winner.

I think that they are bringing back a middleweight to replace the guy who is hurt. I am not even going to attempt to guess.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I think you sound like a bunch of girls who just watched the latest episode of the O.C. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

jeep69

Awards
they are going to bring back chris I bet, That is fucking gay.

The guy who is hurt will probably have to withdraw and they will brig Chris back, That is total Bullshit if you asked me!!

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Last night was the best fight yet. Action throughout most of it. I feel that it should have went another round. I don't believe there was a clear winner. Round-1 to Bobby and Round-2 to Stephan.

I think they are going to bring back Lodune. At least that's who I'd like to see back. They seemed to like him. However, I can see the need to bring back a middle weight.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I think you sound like a bunch of girls who just watched the latest episode of the O.C. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
I know you're just jealous. Get yourself a Tivo and you won't have to miss your episodes of the Bachlorette over the U.F.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah, last night was good, that's what mma should look like. I thought round one was a draw, but Stephan had Bobby on the run most of the second round. Bobby is tough, and I know he said he didn't get hurt, but he was clearly keeping his distance from Stephan. I thought Josh (was that his name?), the guy who switched teams, was acting like a little sullen bitch about it!

w00kie

Awards
Probably a stupid question, but why do some of their ears look all jacked up?

size

Awards
  • Established
Probably a stupid question, but why do some of their ears look all jacked up?
Common problem for wrestlers and fighters. It is known as "cauliflower ear" and is caused by trauma to the ear.

Saladin

Awards
A good piece of advice I follow -- if you ever want to pick a fight with a guy with messed up ears, think twice. Then proceed if necessary...

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Dude...Diego's da' man for his weight class. I can't remember the dudes name he fought, but he punished him, and got the submission for $5,000.00 once again. The other guy never even got a punch off.

I liked when the guy challenged Diego, then apprached him to talk about it, saying it wasn't personal or anything. Diego gave him the look like he was all business...which he was. Diego doing his yoga in the parking lot while a lightening storm was overhead, saying he was channeling its energy into himself, is why I like this dude.

Then they bring back Chris to stir up some controversy.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hell of a groundNpound, especially from a submissions guy! That was brutal. Like someone on the show said, maybe Diego's sending a message, fight me and you WILL get hurt.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Do any of you guys do MMA training? I've been doing thai for about 10 years and just started BJJ. Training like that reaaaaaly makes me feel old.

size

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing thai for about 10 years and just started BJJ. Training like that reaaaaaly makes me feel old.
I will be starting BJJ training next month. I am going to get worked. :whip:

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
The guy Diego fought was Josh Rafferty, he's from Cincy. He made a mistake of calling out Diego, could've fought better. He was at the Hook N Shoot March 4th in Columbus, in my boy's corner. Rich Franklin was there as an honorary rederee for a couple fight and a judge in others, who's fighting Ken Shamrock , supposedly on the final episode of The Ultimate Fighter. Rich trains with my buddy Nick who was fighting at the Hook N Shoot. MMA is a great sport. Here's some pics I found online of my boy- Nick Ollberding, they spelled it wrong. They don't even have the person he fought correct.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/picture_gallery.asp?f_id=11708@@Nick%20Ollbending

Last edited:

Saladin

Awards
Do any of you guys do MMA training? I've been doing thai for about 10 years and just started BJJ. Training like that reaaaaaly makes me feel old.
I trained at a few Gracie academies, but now school takes too much time. With a background in Thai and training in BJJ, you shouldn't worry about one on one fights with your average joe.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I will be starting BJJ training next month. I am going to get worked. :whip:
You're gonna have a blast, I didn't wrestle in HS or college so the grappling was all new to me. Start doing you sprint work now, lol.
:p

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I trained at a few Gracie academies, but now school takes too much time. With a background in Thai and training in BJJ, you shouldn't worry about one on one fights with your average joe.
I never worry about fighting outside of a ring anymore. Now that I have a family, the legal and financial penalties would be too much to deal with. Sometimes its better to swallow your pride, not pull someone out of their car and knee them in the head until you hear their scull crack :smite:

j/k I really am a mellow guy, I think all of the MT has help keep my frustrations under control.

In case anybody is in the Atlanta area and you are looking for a place to train, these are the two places that I have worked out at.

http://velocitykickboxing.com/
http://www.alliancebjj.com/index.htm

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I started training at a Straight Blast Gym affiliate last October. Before that I was taking JKD classes for 6 months or so. The JKD wasn't nearly as fun as MMA has been - no live training, only drills. I'm loving the sparring and rolling, keeps me sane.

Anyone see last nights UF? I knew Forrest would take it, but Alex went out like a warrior! Good fight, and even better sportsmanship. Guys like that are good for the sport and the show.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Alex fought very well, until he was taken down. The other team knick-named him "tappity", or something like that. Because he would always tap out during trianing when he was on their team. He tapped out pretty quick once Forrest mounted him and began his assault. Forrest ended up with a nasty cut over his eye that required stiches. They are unsure if the state will allow him to fight again in the next couple of weeks.

size

Awards
  • Established
Want to know the finalists? If so check out the message board for the site. Fighters have slipped info which has be proven true thus far.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Want to know the finalists? If so check out the message board for the site. Fighters have slipped info which has be proven true thus far.
Damn it Size! Now I'm gonna find myself checking out that info one night when I'm board. That's almost as bad as telling us the Butler did it at the beginning of a movie. :D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Badass fight bros (Bonnar and Forrest). Both guys deserve the contract. The first fight was weak as ****. I hope Diego gets his ass handed to him in his first real fight in the UFC.

bandit_193

Awards
Badass fight bros (Bonnar and Forrest). Both guys deserve the contract. The first fight was weak as ****. I hope Diego gets his ass handed to him in his first real fight in the UFC.
You got that right... Diego is a punk ass.

The 2nd fight rocked...I bailed on UFC back in 95 because it was never forthcoming with its promises...This fight made me a fan again.

Also looked like Shamrock needs to visit the gyno Dr.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
That second fight kicked ass! Forrest and Stephan gave it their all. And, what a class act by the UFC by giving them both a contract after that brawl.

Looks like Shamrock lost a bunch of weight. What was he at, 202? He almost locked in that ankle lock. I think he tried to end it too fast.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Jesus, Griffin/Bonner was a battle! I would have liked to have seen some ground work, but the stand up and clinch was great. Bonner has a much better chin than I thought he would. Both guys have good personalities too, glad to see them in the UFC. I really wanted to see Florian win, Diego's such a ham, even if he is intense. I wish spike would have aired the undercard, especially Quarry/Sincaid and Hoger/Southworth.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I'm getting ready to watch Bonnar/Forrest right now. I taped it after watching Diego punish Florian. What a great show. I watched the whole marathon last night.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For anyone that missed it, didn't record it, or just wants to see Bonner/Forrest brutalize each other again, spike is replaying the fights tonight at 9:00 CST.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bla55 MMA 13
mmacrazy MMA 6
Mulletsoldier MMA 116
MMA 114
bla55 MMA 71