Disturbing use of Homeland Security Agency

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Wow. That's scary.
Scary if it happens to you, but from a third person view - it's absolutely pathetic.. Imagine that happening to the wannabe clothes labels too, ie. EXCO (copy of ecko), F05U (copy of FUBU).. you'll get fined for carrying that in your store or even wearing it.. :rant:

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Scary if it happens to you, but from a third person view - it's absolutely pathetic.. Imagine that happening to the wannabe clothes labels too, ie. EXCO (copy of ecko), F05U (copy of FUBU).. you'll get fined for carrying that in your store or even wearing it.. :rant:
I did mean scary in a pathetic sort of way.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
ODD is all I can say. Scary-pathetic is a great explanation as well.

Don't they have borders to seal instead of harassing small business owners for having the wrong types of toys?

Hmmm.....UBL with a-bomb's or harass small business owners...hmmm....which one fo these should homeland security be more concerned with?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
ODD is all I can say. Scary-pathetic is a great explanation as well.

Don't they have borders to seal instead of harassing small business owners for having the wrong types of toys?

Hmmm.....UBL with a-bomb's or harass small business owners...hmmm....which one fo these should homeland security be more concerned with?
Why is this surprising? Everytime you give the government more power they will use it, period. And they'll use it in any which way they damn well please. Did it neer occur to anyone besides me and few other right wing crazies to ask why, when the threat is foreign terrorists, the government needed more power to spy on and coerse its own citizens? They've always got some new buggaboo to frighten the citizens and when they use it to get more power and that power is used against regular people doing nothing wrong and not the buggaboo, everyone turns around says, "Garsh, we didn't think of that!"

http://www.scottbieser.com/ironic_curtain.html

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Remember it was a Right wing Congress and President that put all of this in motion.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
The repubicrats and demicans are officially one in the same. We've got a "people problem". Our citizens aren't doing anything to stop this from happening. We've got to get moving on something or else we're screwed no matter who is in office.

"Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely"-- Lord Acton, Our govn't is moving toward absolute power. We don't have a vote on important issues anymore, soon enough we'll lose our voice.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
you are right on that fact K.. Wonder how long it will be till the 2nd American Revolution?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Remember it was a Right wing Congress and President that put all of this in motion.
Yup. Which is why I don't vote for either party, as they're both intent on making me less free and taking more of my money. To me their motives don't matter, they're equally scummy.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Wow! Thank god we have an administration that reduces government interference in the lives of private cit....uh, what's that you say? You say this administration CREATED this program and Patriot Act?

Um, nevermind.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Wow! Thank god we have an administration that reduces government interference in the lives of private cit....uh, what's that you say? You say this administration CREATED this program and Patriot Act?

Um, nevermind.
They didn't create the Patriot Act, and even if they did as far as I know almost every congressman voted for it, so it's equally on the heads of both parties. The act itself is a combination of various expanded powers, some necessary and common sense and some very questionable, that law enforcement has been trying to get through congress for a long time. I'd say liberal organizations like the ACLU have a lot to do with this thing getting passed, because if they didn't **** themselves at every piece of such legislation no matter how innocuous it was, people would take them more seriously when something truly dangerous did come up for a vote.

Meerschaum

Awards

Um, nevermind.
well you know how it is, when *god* is in government we need to have *faith* that power dosent go corrupt ;) yeeehawww

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
goddamn i hate this government ... i actually hate all governments, but this one in particular really irks me

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
They didn't create the Patriot Act, and even if they did as far as I know almost every congressman voted for it, so it's equally on the heads of both parties. The act itself is a combination of various expanded powers, some necessary and common sense and some very questionable, that law enforcement has been trying to get through congress for a long time. I'd say liberal organizations like the ACLU have a lot to do with this thing getting passed, because if they didn't **** themselves at every piece of such legislation no matter how innocuous it was, people would take them more seriously when something truly dangerous did come up for a vote.
I know, I know--I wasn't trying to make a heavy political comment, just a quick joke.

But I have to disagree with the ACLU thing. I'm no fan of their or anything, but Jesus--they've ripped the Patiot Act to shreds every chance they've had.

And technically, the Bush administration OPPOSED the creation of a Department of Homeland Security, until political pressures forced them to accept it (and then take CREDIT for it). So I'm not actually crediting/blaming them for its origins.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
goddamn i hate this government ... i actually hate all governments, but this one in particular really irks me
That's because you don't live in France or Germany :D

I hate this government a lot. But I hate most of the other ones even more (but, I must add...we're catching up might fast since the 50's).

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
But I have to disagree with the ACLU thing. I'm no fan of their or anything, but Jesus--they've ripped the Patiot Act to shreds every chance they've had.
If they didn't spend their time trying to get the 10 commandments out of every building in the country and burning every reference to God, people might take them more seriously.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
The actually charged a strip cub owner for money laundering under the patriot act about a year ago.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The problem is they rip everything to shreds every chance they get. If they weren't flipping out over people saying the pledge of allegiance in school or Cub Scouts gathering in public parks, I might give them more credit.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
The problem is they rip everything to shreds every chance they get. If they weren't flipping out over people saying the pledge of allegiance in school or Cub Scouts gathering in public parks, I might give them more credit.
It's kind of like the boy who cried wolf. As bad an idea as this sounds- they need to have let the little **** go so that when a major concern arisesw, they can make an impact.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
It's kind of like the boy who cried wolf. As bad an idea as this sounds- they need to have let the little **** go so that when a major concern arisesw, they can make an impact.
No doubt. 100% agreed.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. Some of the stuff they do is just plain idiotic. Some stuff I agree with in principle, but I have to wonder how muh free time they have on their hands. Then when something big comes along and they try and do something no one takes them seriously. I guess it's a problem with every group that has an extreme ideological bent to it.