The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
After eating only McDonald’s for three months, Iowa science teacher John Cisna lost 37 pounds and saw his cholesterol level drop significantly, Time.com reported.

No, this wasn’t another documentary experiment like 2004’s Super Size Me – it was a school science experiment.

The now-170 pound man ate a 2,000-calorie daily diet designed by his students. The diet aimed to stay within recommended allowances of nutrients like carbohydrates and fat calories.

Cisna also walked 45 minutes daily during the course of his experiment.

“It’s our choices that make us fat,” Cisna told local TV station KCCI. “Not McDonald’s.”

Calories in vs calories out. Nice Science Experiment lol

Man eats only McDonald

mpd556

mpd556

Awards
I saw that on that on yahoo today lol. I don't eat McDonalds one time in three months, couldn't imagine three times a day for three months!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I saw that on that on yahoo today lol. I don't eat McDonalds one time in three months, couldn't imagine three times a day for three months!
My dad goes everyday (Dead serious)
wakes up and has a muscle milk shake and honey nut cheerios, then goes right to McDonalds for a pancake/mcmuffin meal
not to mention burger king, subway, five guys for lunch, and then doughnuts/ice cream everynight

forever 130 pounds.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This just gives more anecdotal evidence that IIFYM, works lol

smoker145

Pretty cool. I get about 1100 calories every 3 or 4 days from McDonald's.

I will have to read more about this

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Pretty cool. I get about 1100 calories every 3 or 4 days from McDonald's.

I will have to read more about this
Serious? last time i ate there (i only went once in my life) my chicken mcnugget was Dark red in the middle
never went back.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Serious? last time i ate there (i only went once in my life) my chicken mcnugget was Dark red in the middle
never went back.
that al ittle scary but mainly touey avoid not so fond of clowns in general leave off frequenting mcdonald

smoker145

Serious? last time i ate there (i only went once in my life) my chicken mcnugget was Dark red in the middle never went back.
Yuo. 3 mcdoubles.

Sometimes it can be 4, or a fry. Name of the game is to get calories for me. Easy, quick, and cheap.

But most of the time my big calories come from homemade shakes consisting of milk, oats, pb, olive oil, banana , etc

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yuo. 3 mcdoubles.

Sometimes it can be 4, or a fry. Name of the game is to get calories for me. Easy, quick, and cheap.

But most of the time my big calories come from homemade shakes consisting of milk, oats, pb, olive oil, banana , etc
Not a fan of fast food (after working in the food industry for 10 years) once you know how things are made and/or stored/served it makes you think twice haha.

smoker145

Not a fan of fast food (after working in the food industry for 10 years) once you know how things are made and/or stored/served it makes you think twice haha.
I washed dishes in a restaurant and for a short time made some dishes. I can only imagine in fast food places.

I just go with the old " don't ask don't tell" policy lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I washed dishes in a restaurant and for a short time made some dishes. I can only imagine in fast food places.

I just go with the old " don't ask don't tell" policy lol
Study Serv Safe and you will understand it to a greater degree.
Hell if you understood how buffets work and how long some of the shelf life on that food is, you would be disgusted.

smoker145

Study Serv Safe and you will understand it to a greater degree. Hell if you understood how buffets work and how long some of the shelf life on that food is, you would be disgusted.
Idk if you guys watch kitchen nightmares, but this one guy was serving lamb shank from a bag that didn't even need to be refrigerated and had like a several year shelf life!

Crazy. And I'll check it out

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Idk if you guys watch kitchen nightmares, but this one guy was serving lamb shank from a bag that didn't even need to be refrigerated and had like a several year shelf life!

Crazy. And I'll check it out
You would be surprised. McDonalds food is not even cooked. Its all frozen and "Re-heated" in warmers, basically its pre-cooked, frozen, added preservatives, and then just warmed up. Never really cooked ever.
Very Very low grade hence why its dirt cheap.

smoker145

Kinda scared to my man lol

I've seen other documentaries and stuff saying there is cow crap in the meat, and how the animals are raised and all that . But I guess that's a little different than what were talking bout

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only go to McDonald's a few times a year. During Christmas to get a EggNog Shake, and during March to get a Shamrock shake. Once in a while maybe around every 6 months I will go to Wendy's. It's not cheap anymore to eat fast food though, unless you get a dollar/value menu item and that stuff is crap...Still not worth the money. If you get a two meal deals, one for you and one for a friend it's over $20, when you can spend about $10 and go to Long Horn steakhouse and get ribs and steak for yourself and something else for your friend/wife/gf.

Or you can go to the Supermarket and get $30 worth of food and have enough good food for 3 days, depending on what you purchase.

Phantom Z

Awards
Damn, 3 meals a day for 90 days at roughly $6 a meal is $1,620. Kind of an expensive experiment on a teacher's salary.

Kudo's to him though!!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's making it into a documentary, trying to sell it. So was a justifiable expense for him, lol.

smoker145

I don't think he'll make Morgan spur lock type money off it, but he should get a solid pay

chitown58

chitown58

Awards
i heard bout this too, i just hope people out there aren't going to use this as an excuse to go out and eat all the junk food they want...i can see it now...

smoker145

This as bad as the other movie about McDonalds?
While super size me had flaws in it, I thought it was an interesting documentary. ...

Who woulda thought schools would incorporate it into the ciriculum? Not I

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
While super size me had flaws in it, I thought it was an interesting documentary. ...

Who woulda thought schools would incorporate it into the ciriculum? Not I
Shows how our education is on the downslide, and that our goverment wont do crap to help support/fund it, yet we are too busy pushing so much money into warfare and taking care of other countries when our own economy is in the gutter and our debt keeps rising.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Fathead is a documentary about exactly what you're saying. A guy eats McDonald's at every meal for a certain amount of time and gets healthier. Loses weight, better cholesterol blah blah blah. It's on Netflix. He also talks about how Supersize me was BS.

smoker145

Shows how our education is on the downslide, and that our goverment wont do crap to help support/fund it, yet we are too busy pushing so much money into warfare and taking care of other countries when our own economy is in the gutter and our debt keeps rising.
I'm all for world aid and things of that nature, but I think we should try to solve more national problems before we try and change every global problem under the sun we don't agree with.

Phantom Z

Awards
He's making it into a documentary, trying to sell it. So was a justifiable expense for him, lol.
Worked wonders for Jared. Yes there is a guy out there that ate at one restaurant lost a bunch of weight and now we know him by his first name.

chitown58

chitown58

Awards
so is this dude basically trying to pursued people into believing that mcdonalds is totally ok?? should counter his docu with a few other documentaries on what that fast food goes thru before you eat it...you might never want to touch a mcdouble again...not to mention all the garbage thats in those foods...this guys full of crap just what this country needs more scientific facts from a bullshyter setting people in the wrong direction turning people into sheep.